15

I sit with my legs crossed in the grass in front of my new "home." I still wasn't thrilled about living here, Jenn and Willow didn't need me, they had fun without me. I knew I'd end up in my room alone. California's turned out to be no better than Minnesota. I sit and pick at the green grass.

"Hi, I'm Jenn."

"Hi..I'm Cora." I mumble. I see Willow run up.

"Hey Jenn, come look at this new penny board I just ordered! - Oh, hi Cora.." Willow says.

"Hey," I say, sounding very unthrilled. Jenn and Willow run off. I sit and watch the movers move all my things into my room.

"Hey Connor.." I say.

"Mhm?" he asks.

"Can we go shopping, I need a new penny board." I say.

"You have one in the truck.." he says motioning to the penny board. I walk up and grab the penny board. I throw it in the garbage can.

"Can we go shopping, I need a new penny board." he laughs.

"Sure, how about Jenn and -"

"Nope." he looks at me and laughs a bit. He drives me to the mall and we go into the same store Jc got my other one. I find one with a mint color and the bottom had a prism pattern. I grab it. We walk to the counter. The cashier rang it up and I gave him $120 cash, I have money. Yes, I do. Panera, remember?

Connor also buys a new one. He drives us back to Jenns house and we walk to the old parking lot by her house. We penny board around there. After a few hours we go back, I rearrange my room with the help of Connor.

We go downstairs. I'm guessing Connor hadn't told Willow or Jenn anything because when I walk downstairs I see Jc. He sees me.

"Cora! I've been looking for you, why are you here?" he asks.

"Well what do you think? Oh, maybe because you're a douche bag!" I yell. Connor, Jenn, and Willow all stare in shock.

"Whaaat," Jenn and Willow say in sync.

"Why'd you call me that? What did I do!" he yells back.

"What the fuck, Jc! What do you think you did?! You couldn't get your way so you HIT ME!" I screamed.

"WAIT WHAT?" Jenn says.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP JENN. FOR LIKE 5 MINUTES! PLEASE!" Jc screams. "Cora, I'm sorry I did that, I wasn't thinking!"

"You think sorry will help? Sorry doesn't change the fact that I have bruises on my wrists or face! You think everything will be okay? Because you said sorry!? No! Go to hell." I say and walk back upstairs. Willow and Jenn follow me, and I hear Connor yell at Jc.

"Ooh! Give us details!" Jenn says in excitement.

"Really? Details? You had nothing to do with me until something "Interesting" happened." I snap. Jenn and Willow awkwardly leave.

"Damn," Jenn mumbles. Connor comes in and hands me my phone. Jc had this.

"Thanks." I mumble.

"You did good," Connor says will a laugh. He tackles me. "I'm staying here tonight."

"Oh. Yay!!" I say. I go to my drawers and look through them. I find a pair of his sweats and a tshirt that I may or may not have taken from him. I throw them at him. "Here," I say.

"How do you have these?" he asks and laughs.

"Connor, I always take your clothes. I have a whole drawer, full of your clothes." I say opening the drawer. He looks over.

"You have more of my clothes, than I have of my clothes..." We both start to laugh. Connor made it all better.

_____

Don't forget to vote! :) Thank you for the views and few votes that I have! Vote, share, or comment if you like it! 😊 Comment suggestions?