5

Cora's pov

In the morning, Connor and I get up and get dressed. We're pretty much comfortable getting dressed in front of eachother. We go downstairs and he makes me pancakes, my favorite. When we finish eating he drives me to my counseling session. I ask him to come in.

During my counseling, I actually started feeling better. There were other people who had my issues, and drunks for parents. They were abused as well. I felt sorry for one in particular though, she didn't have a best friend. Her name was Willow.

The counseling session hadn't solved nearly anything, but I felt a lot better. Afterwards I told Connor I wanted to introduce myself to Willow, I thought she needed a friend. I told him to go home, I'd call him later.

I nervously walk up to Willow. "Hi, I'm Cora." I say, kinda awkwardly.

"Hello, I'm Willow," she says quietly.

"Do you want to go get some brunch, maybe Panera?" i ask, trying to be friendly.

"Oh, yes! I love Panera!" she says. She sounds excited. "Are you sure? You don't have to, I know you're just trying to be nice. But I don't want charity. You probably have no interest in being friends. And most people don't want to be seen with me." she says. I look at her, she looks sad.

"No, it's not charity at all. I really want to hang out. Maybe we could go shopping too? And I have no problem with being seen with you, you seem really nice and cool, so why not?" I say with a smile. She smiles back. I want to make a difference in her life.

We go to Panera, and we chat for a while. I learn all kinds of things about her. She has foster parents, and they abuse her, she showed me the latest bruise. It was terrible. She told me about her attempts at suicide, and how she hoped counseling would stop her.

I told her about my life, and stuff I liked to do. We liked the same things. We went shopping and helped each other pick out some clothes.

"Hey, maybe some time we could have a sleepover? I'd love to do this again sometime." I offered.

"That sounds fun!" she sounded even more excited.

We said our goodbyes and I had Connor pick me up from the mall.

"How'd it go?" he asks.

"It was great fun, I learned a lot about her, and we have a lot of similar interests. We were planning on having a sleepover sometime soon." I say. I was happy.

"Well that's good. And by the way, I have really good news." he said with a smile.

"Yeah? Tell me!" I beg.

"I'm going back to California early!" he says happily.

"Wh-what? How is that good news Connor!? You said you wouldn't leave!" I cried out.

"You didn't let me finish. You're coming with me! You're moving in with me, and 2 friends of mine! Kian and Jc!" he says.

"Really?" I ask.

"Really." he says with a cheesy grin.

"Wait, what about Willow? I don't want to leave her!" I say.

"She could come with us, I'm pretty sure Jenn would love to have a roommate." he says. I text Willow and ask how she feels about it. She loved the idea.

"She's okay with it! Yay! We're all going to Cali!" I say happily.

"You know, I love when you're this happy. It's so adorable." he said tapping my nose. I kissed his cheek.

"I love you Connor Franta." I say with a cheesy grin. "I'm glad you're My best friend."

______

Well I'm really liking how this story is coming along. Leave a comment, follow me?, or vote if you like it! (: Thanks so much