Chapter XXVII

Depuis le début

"To save the team's lives before any one of them is lost." She cried as she flew as fast as she could for the groundbridge as Ratchet went to turn the bridge off before she could escape.

"Julie, no." Miko cried. "You're still recovering from your fever." Jack cried next to her as they watched her fly through the bridge before they could do anything. The colors of the groundbridge flooded her vision before she found all of the autobots and a Decepticon standing before her. It was obvious that they were losing. She saw Arcee and Bumblebee were climbing up a tall crane with the decepticon behind them. Hovering there she tried to quickly think up a plan in her head as she watched the events happening in front of her.

"Autobots, such slow learners." Starscream cried. She looked around and saw Optimus climbing up another crane before he fell and flew off it, pushing Starscream off of the crane he was on with Arcee. What could she do? She watched Starscream fall off and hit the ground, before he went to start tipping the crane they were on. As she sat there she heard the groundbridge open behind her and Smokescreen coming out behind her. Just in time as she turned and looked at the new bot in question. "Smokescreen." She muttered as she hovered with her hands in front of her ready to fight.

"So the autobots have a new recruit?" Starscream spoke.

"And you must be Starscream, I thought you'd be taller." Smokescreen.

"This will not end well." Arcee spoke from up above them. She flew over and hovered next to Smokescreen. "I know what you are planning brother, let me help you." I whispered to Smokescreen who simply nodded in acknowledgement.

"Smokescreen, stand down. You are no match for Starscream's apex armor." Optimus cried. Obviously not yet noticing her there with Smokescreen.

"Any last words, Smokescreen?" Starscream asked.

"Just four, kiss your armor goodbye." Smokescreen cried as both him and her got ready to attack. Her hovering next to him in a battle stance. As Smokescreen ran straight for him, she flew next to him and grabbed hold of the armor and gently set it down as Smokescreen kicked Starscream out of the armor.

"Now that was a plan." Smokescreen cried.

"You aren't the only one sporting a fancy wrist mounted device. Think fast." Starscreem cried as a missile fired up at the others up above them. "Starscream, you will fall." She cried as she flew in front of all of them. "May it not be today, but the one you think you are loyal to will not only betray you, but you will also betray yourself. You will lose something of great importance to you. Yourself." She cried as she flew over toward Starscream where he stood. She flew away from him as the bot in question grabbed the remaining fragment of the red energon. She had to save her bots around her. As the smoke around them cleared, it revealed the bot safe above them along with her and Smokescreen. She looked in the direction that Starscream left, and hovered there in place as Smokescreen went over to the apex armor laying before them.

"Julie, are you alright?" Someone spoke behind her. As she turned around she saw the others approaching her. Bumblebee, Arcee and even Optimus were studying her.

"No, for some odd feeling fills my gut." She replied as she looked at them. "There is darkness coming, and I am afraid that nothing will stop its approach, but we must work together if we are to save Earth and its people. For we alone are the ones who will be able to stop itt, only if you allow us to work together. Only if you allow me to help aid you." She spoke as she looked at the bots around her, ending her gaze on Optimus. A groundbridge opened before them and before any one of them could speak, she flew through it, leaving them behind as they entered after her.

She sat up in her beams as she watched the others converse and speak to one another.

"Told you I just needed to borrow it for a while." Smokescreen spoke as they gathered in a circle. "Doc here thought I was trying to steal your relics."

"Only until you explained your plan, unlike Julie. Which I then sanctioned, it's called protocol." Ratchet spoke up.

"Ratchet is correct, standard procedure must be observed by every member of this team. However I believe we must also commend Smokescreen. You have proven to be a quick study, by choosing to place strategy above bravado." Optimus spoke as he placed a servo on Smokescreen's shoulder.

"There's gonna be no living with him now." Arcee spoke.

"While this may lack the pageantry of a proper elite guard ceremony, I wish to welcome you to team prime." Optimus spoke, as she sat up there watching them from above. "He welcomes the new kid, but not me." She mumbled.

"The newbie did alright." Bulkhead spoke from the far corner.

"Don't worry Bulk, he's got nothing on you." Miko cried as she ran over to him. "Seriously, once we get that leg of yours back in shape, old Smokey's gonna learn real quick who the top wrecking ball around her is." She cried in enthusiasm. "Bulkhead?" It hurt her heart as she watched the poor girl fall into disappointment. Glided down from the beams to the girl, landing a few feet behind her on the floor of the base.

"Miko, give him some time. I can talk with him if you wish, but Bulkhead merely needs some time."Julie cried as she approached the girl. "He needs you as a friend, to try to understand and still care for him." She spoke as she approached the girl. Miko suddenly turned on her feet and ran right up to Julie in a hug, sending the both of them falling onto the floor. Onto a sheet of metal that Julie had been avoiding. "Miko, get off. Please." Julie cried as the girl quickly jumped off, as Julie got up revealing a hole in her wing that was touching the iron sheeting of the floor that they had just been sitting on.

"Julie..." Miko cried, "I'm so sorry." she cried as her hands were raised up to her face in anguish. Julie stood there and looked at her wing, shaking her head back and forth in disappointment. "It's alright, Miko. I forgive you, it's just a small burn." Julie replied as she stretched her now injured wing. "Just give the bot some time. I think I also can use some time myself, in all honesty." She mumbled as she turned away from the girl and walked up the stairs of the platform, now no longer willing to fly up into the platform with her wing injured.

"Julie..." One of the others cried, as Julie turned she saw it was Smokescreen, but she simply sighed and turned her back to all of them as she went and curled up by herself on the couch in small tears. Finding Midnight slithering up to her and joining her on the couch.

"Optimus, we need to figure out what she spoke of earlier." Arcee spoke up as they all studied the girl.

"Now I am afraid, is not the time." Optimus spoke, "But I am as interested as the rest of you as to what happened when she fell from the beam earlier. I fear it is no coincidence that she was ill when she was. I believe this may be the work of Primus among us."