Chapter X

"And it was written in the covenant of primus that when the 47 spheres align a perpetual conflict will culminate upon a world forged from chaos and the weak shall perish in the shadow of a rising darkness." Optimus read.
"No skies raining fire?" Arcee asked.
"It goes without saying, it is a doom prophecy after all." Ratchet said.
"I say it is a load of  hooey." Bulkhead said.
"I'd always assumed the ancients were referring to our home planet, but being that cybertron has been dark for eons..." Ratchet said.
"And considering what has befallen this planet since megatron's arrival here." Optimus finished.
"Whoa, whoa, we have known about these superstitions for ages and never gave them a second thought." Bulkhead said.
"Why all the ominous rumblings now?" Arcee asked.
"Because the planetary alignment to which the prophecy refers is nearly upon us." Optimus replied.
"And it would seem its end point is Earth." Ratchet said.
"Uh, crazy coincidence. Right?" Bulkhead asked.
"How long are we talking about?" Arcee asked.
"A few days, at most." Ratchet replied.
"However unsettling this revelation may be, I am more concerned about those who might believe that the prophecy speaks to them alone." Optimus said.
Julie sat up in the beams above them, while they were unaware that she was listening into the conversation. If the prophecy spoke of such an evil it made her question what was yet to happen. What if the evil referred to the evil her ancestors had fought all those years ago.
She felt the darkness coming for some time now, but there was nothing she could do, but wait for time to go by. She felt her strength building up with rage for a while now. As she glided down towards the elevator, Optimus and Ratchet looked up and saw her as she came down and landed.
"What are you doing up there?" Ratchet asked.
"Thinking. Mostly thinking. I'm gonna go watch the sky for a little bit."
"Don't fly away." Bulkhead blurted out.
"I am not going anywhere. Would you please just chill?" Julie cried out.
"Are you sure that you are alright? You haven't exactly been around the past few days. Is there anything you haven't told us?" Optimus asked.
"There are several things I haven't yet revealed, but at the same time if I told you guys everything about me, we would be at it for years." Julie replied. "I assure you I am alright, for now anyways." She whispered the last part, but Optimus still heard it. He watched as she entered the elevator and sighed.
While up on the roof Julie couldn't help, but wonder what was happening. She could feel that the darkness was coming near and for some reason it had something to do with her. What was she about to fight and how was she going to fight it? She stood there watching the clouds go by in the sky as it settled peace into her mind.
When she finally decided she was done, she went down the elevator to find everyone at their own business.
"Uh, hold." Jack said suddenly. Julie looked over thinking they were talking about her. She saw them looking at a computer, but wasn't able to see what they were looking at, so she flew up into the beams and watched from above. "The camera sure loves Bee."
"What can you do?" Miko started. "When you're a superstar, you're paparazzi bait."
"Wait, is that Bumblebee?" Ratchet asked out of  the blue. He was sitting where he usually was found, at the lab computers. He looked over at what the children were doing, clearly interested.
"On a conspiracy website where users post evidence of close encounters, but we have it under control ratchet. We just scrub and replace Bee with ...." Raf answered as he looked over at Ratchet. "Mars cat says, 'Take me to your feeder." the computer sounded.
Ratchet burst out laughing loudly, but froze suddenly like he just committed a terrible crime. The children stared at him shocked. I merely just sat there smirking from above them.
"Uh..." Ratchet said as he tried to defend himself. Jack sat there and chuckled as he turned over to look at Optimus, who was looking at a monitor. "Um, Optimus, do you want to see something funny?" He asked.
"No." The baritone voice replied, clearly in no mood. That is when she got the idea to surprise him. He defended me a few times, surely it wouldn't hurt for me to get him to laugh and relax. "Don't take it personally." Arcee said to them as she and Bulkhead walked into the lab. "Primes are built that way."
"Never seen Optimus laugh, cry, or lose his cool." Bulkhead blurted out.
"While Optimus certainly keeps his emotions in check, I've known him far longer than any of you have." Ratchet said. "Optimus wasn't always a Prime."
"What does it mean to be a Prime?" she asked out loud. "What does that mean, is it like a title of a king or something?"
The others all looked up at where she sat, the only one who didn't jump was Optimus, clearly he was used to her silence and how secretive she was. "When did you come in?" Ratchet asked. "Last we knew you were on the roof."
"I was, but I came in about 30 minutes ago. I have been sitting up here the whole time." Julie replied.
"Can you please come down from up there before you hurt yourself? What if you fall or land on more iron?" Ratchet asked.
"I have wings, I can fly. The chances of me falling are very minimal." Julie said, "But if you insist." She glided down into Ratchet's hand that he had raised up to catch her, and almost immediately he set her down on his shoulder.
"What is so appealing about being up on the beams?" Jack asked.
"When memories or stories haunt your mind, the height is a wonderous distraction. Besides I have always enjoyed the freedom away from people when I want my solitude. It helps me think."
"And why we just let her fly around here, I have no idea. I still don't trust her." Bulkhead said as he shook his head and walked away.
Julie immediately stood up and flew over in front of Bulkhead's face. "Ok, that is it. Do you really wanna fight with me that much? I could take you on, easily. Without my sense of flight." Julie cried out with her hands balled up into fists.
"Oh, really? You wouldn't be able to get 10 dents into me, not before I have you in my servo." Bulkhead challenged.
"Bulkhead, Julie..." Optimus started, but was cut off by Julie. "You are on, in the training rooms, now!" She landed on the ground and almost instantly she used the water to make her wings disappear, almost like they were never there in the first place. Along with her outfit changed into something with flexible material, to the point it looked like it was made of mere leaves. There were long pants legs that reached her ankles with vines wrapped around the ankle and a little bit up her leg. Along with the sleeves going to her wrists with vines along her arms as well.
"Oh boy, a showdown." Miko cried out.
"You're not really gonna fight Bulkhead are you?" Raf asked.
"Julie, you don't have to do this." Optimus cried out.
"When someone feels they are the alpha and can simply make assumptions of me, I am going to fight." Julie cried out. "So what is it going to be?"
"You are on!" Bulkhead cried. "I win, and you relinquish your flight here."
"Oh, and what do I get if I win?" Julie asked.
"Um..." Bulkhead started to say, but was clearly stumped. "How about you learn to stop judging me?" Julie asked.
"Ouch, that has got to burn." Jack said as he looked away.
"I am actually wanting to see this play out. " Arcee said. "Maybe there really is more to this girl than meets the eye."
"In the training room, come on!" Julie cried out as she walked down the hallway to where she saw the others train before in the past.
"Prime!" A voice cried out behind her as she started to walk away. She turned around and saw that everyone was now looking at the screen where an image of Agent Fowler showed. "Those tech heists my department's been tracking - we figured it was MECH."
At the mention Julie quickly ran towards the monitor, She climbed up Bulkhead's leg and jumped onto the lab counter while people were distracted, by the time she was jumping off Bulk, that was when he noticed. "What the..."
"Did she just jump off of you over to the monitor?" Miko asked as she looked over.
"What do you know about MECH?" Julie hissed, a small growl being released with her voice.
"On account of the stealth tactics until moments ago when a security feed at the Pennington Ebbs Particle Collider captured this." Agent Fowler finished, clearly angry with the brief interruption. A picture appeared on the monitor nearby, showing a robot that she had not seen before. "Soundwave." Jack cried out.
"Raf can swap that out for you with a funny cat." Miko jokes.
"The Con without a face made off with a Cutting-edge phase Conductor." Julie just tried to play along as though she understood, as far as she knew she didn't. Everything about this was confusing. "Here's a punch list of everything else we've confirmed stolen to date." Agent Fowler said as he spoke on the monitor.
"Plasma Injector, Neutron Shield, Tesseract?" Ratchet read out loud. "There's only one thing missing if they are intending to build... a spacebridge."
"Why would they need a spacebridge?" Miko asked.
"I don't know." Raf answered.
She stood there near the monitor and felt her strength being depleted. It felt like something was pulling at all of her strength. She stood there on the monitor and while people were looking at the monitor they saw her fall off of the counter.
"Julie, what happened?" Optimus cried out as he caught her in his servo before she fell onto the floor. Optimus looked down at her as she saw him looking at her, but her vision started to fade until all consciousness evaded her.

"Julie!" Optimus cried out. "Ratchet, scan her, something is clearly wrong."
"Hah, so much for that challenge, wimp." Bulkhead cried out. "She is all talk and no action."
"Bulkhead, shut up!" Ratchet cried out, "I am with the others on this, you clearly have taken a huge grudge on this girl. What has she done to you? She even saved Miko, yet you still cannot give up your pride." Ratchet took the girl and laid her on the medical berth in the medbay, and as he did a scan he sighed. "There is nothing wrong with her that I can see, but there is no telling when she may wake up. There is a chance she is probably malnourished, or dehydrated."
"So she needs more water?" Miko asked, "I mean she uses water for her power, but have we ever seen her even drink the water or even bother to eat?"
"Maybe if I hooked her up to some water supply she would wake up." Ratchet said, lost in thought.
"Prime, the cons really stepped in it this time." Agent Fowler cried out on the monitor, the others turned and looked at the screen. "They hit a U.S. Military lab. Our boys in green will  fend them off till your team shows."
"Agent Fowler, I fear that Megatron's desperation may be at its zenith," Optimus replied, "And you know that I cannot condone even a single human casualty." Optimus looked over at Raf who was at a computer, "Raf, activate the groundbridge. Autobots let's roll out."