Chapter XXXIV

Julie sat in her nest, calming down and reviewing everything she had witnessed from when she was asleep and saw the Primes.

"I'm gonna be a great warrior someday, like Optimus." Smokescreen spoke.

"Well, train hard and gain some wisdom along the way, and I'm sure it'll happen." Bulkhead replied.

"Oh, it will. It's my destiny." Smokescreen commented.

"Wait, what?" Bumblebee buzzed, joining into the conversation.

"How so?" Arcee asked.

"Well, one minute I'm on security detail at Iacon, the next I wake up on the other side of the galaxy to find myself under Optimus's command, I mean what are the chances, right? Things happen for a reason." Smokescreen explained. Julie stood up and walked over to the edge of her nest and sat on the edge of it, looking down at them.

"We get it Smokescreen, you're special, we're lucky to have you." Arcee spoke.

"All I'm really saying is I've come a long way and this is one opportunity I don't plan on messing up." Smokescreen replied.

"He's right, ya know. But that doesn't just stand alone for you, Smokescreen." Julie spoke up. To get interrupted in her speech by Optimus. "Autobots, the next Iacon coordinates have been decoded. Ratchet ready the groundbridge." Ratchet started powering on the groundbridge as Smokescreen got excited. Clearly nobody had heard the few words she was trying to say. "Last one to the omega key has to scrub the energon tanks for a week." Smokescreen cried.

"Didn't know we were keeping score." Arcee spoke.

"Arcee, Bumblebee, prepare to roll out." Optimus ordered.

"Oh yeah, what what." Bumblebee buzzed in excitement as he approached the groundbridge.

"Wait, what about me?" Smokescreen cried.

"Huh." Bulkhead huffed.

"I mean, me and Bulkhead." Smokescreen asked.

"The two of you will remain here, in the event I am able to decode a subsequent database entry before the others return." Optimus explained before resuming his work.

"Optimus is right, considering the very fate of Cybertron is at stake, response time is critical." Ratchet joined in.

"Keep your engines idling, come on Bee. Destiny awaits." Arcee cried, rubbing into Smokescreen's disappointment. "Okay, you guys stop. We will definitely be talking about this later when you all get back." Julie cried. "I am not having you guys picking and fighting with each other." She exclaimed before Bumblebee and Arcee transformed and buzzed through the bridge.

"We call it a pitstop. We'll get back in the race." Bulkhead cried as he threw his servo onto Smokescreen's back a little roughly. Julie sat above them before she sighed and flew over to the entrance of the groundbridge, a small sense of dread filled her gut. "You guys really need to work on your meaning of teamwork." Julie muttered allowed from where she landed, before a sound came on in the comlink.

"Ratchet, groundbridge." Arcee cried.

The groundbridge powered on before she found both Arcee and Bumblebee limping into the main room. Ratchet immediately got to work examining them and putting Bumblebee into a machine to be scanned before Arcee sat down nearby on a crate as Ratchet worked on reading the full scan he was getting on Bumblebee.

"I'm sorry Optimus, Knockout was there waiting for us. Seems the cons are improving their decoding skills." Arcee explained from where she sat as Optimus was walking toward them. Julie flew closer to them in the room and hovered in place.