Chapter XXIII

"Bumblebee, do you read?" Optimus asked into his coms.

"Fan out?" Arcee asked.

"And beware of anything that might resemble me." Optimus said as Julie sat on his shoulder. Optimus had his cannon in front of him as Julie tried to focus on their surroundings. Optimus turned around some large metal container and there stood the complete replica of himself. "Optimus Prime we meet again." The robot spoke.

"The deception ends here, Silas." Optimus stated.

"Does it?" Silas asked.

"Julie, get out of here." Optimus cried. "Go find your friend."

"Stay strong Optimus." Julie cried as she flew off of his shoulder. She wanted to fly off and find her friend, but her instinct told her to stay. She flew above him and watched as they fought. They tossed back and forth around the facility, while Julie tried to pinpoint where her friend would be.

"My robot chassis possesses all your strength, speed, and fire power." Silas said. "Add my extensive combat training and MECH has clearly achieved the perfect meld of man and machine." They continued to fight until they climbed up onto one of the military silos. "But the key difference between you and me, my body can't feel pain. This is just the beginning, imagine an army of transforming robots. No one will stand against the newly rebooted MECH." Julie watched as the silo fell apart and the replica of Optimus fell through the roof of the silo. Helicopters started to sound. "Agent Fowler."

"That would be our boys. I advise you to get back to base Prime. I'll handle Uncle Sam."

Optimus sighed as he looked around. After gathering Bumblebee, Arcee, and Bulkhead. Julie meanwhile was flying around the base invisible. She would catch back up with the others later on. She watched as Optimus called for her, but she didn't go to them. Once they bridged out of there she shifted into a mere stray cat and wandered around the base. Hopping into the wreckage of the silo where Silas was fatally injured, if not killed. She watched as the dust cleared up, turning invisible down there in the process. After searching through the base, there was still no sign of Midnight.

As she walked through the very last section of MECH, she found a single computer that looked useful. Forced to transform back to her original self she turned back into her normal self with the little bit of water left that she had. Turning the computer on, she found it had information about herself and how they caught her. Midnight had escaped from what they put down. He escaped very recently, bringing dread to her gut as she thought about what could possibly have happened. She couldn't find him on her own. Left with no other choice she flew out of the base, but ran into military personnel that had several guns aimed on her. "Please, I don't want to hurt anyone." Julie cried.

"Julie!" A voice cried behind her. "Men, stand down."

"But sir!" A man cried, but Julie refused to turn around.

"I said stand down."

"Yes sir." All the men slowly lowered their guns, allowing her to turn around. As she did she saw Agent Fowler was standing behind her. "You are lucky I was here Julie. Get back to Prime."

"Yes, Agent Fowler." Julie commented, as she was about to fly out, Agent Fowler called out for her to wait. "Julie, wait. Maybe you can help us, Silas has disappeared. Did you see anyone escape the facility while you were running around?"

"No sir, I was looking for Midnight." Julie replied. "Do you need my assistance?"

"No, just get back to base. I will deal with everything from here."

Julie flew through the night sky, listening to her instinct as she headed back to the base, but along the way she stopped in some woods for a rest as her energy was worn out. As she landed she walked over to a stream that was nearby. "It's worth a shot." Julie sat down by the stream as she had the trees above her part to see the stars shining on the water in front of her. "Mother, Father. Please, I need your guidance. What am I supposed to do?"