Chapter XXV

"Ratchet, am I seeing things?" Arcee asked. "Or is that Julie on your shoulder?"

"I'm a ghost Arcee, I'm not really here." Julie replied as she held her hands out in front of her and wiggled her fingers in emphasis to be creepy.

"No, it's Julie. She came back to the base when you guys went out with the spark extractor." Raf said.

"Me coming back is not important, what is important is getting to the four coordinates that we received before Megafreak gets them." Julie cried out, pointing at the monitor in emphasis. "Me coming back in one piece is not the priority if hundreds of lives are at stake."

"Julie..." Ratchet cried as he looked at her, clearly upset.

"Julie is right about the importance of getting the coordinates. If we are to have any hope of recovering the icon relics before the decepticons do, we must divide our resources." Optimus said.

"But Optimus, when it comes to numbers, we are already at a grave disadvantage." Ratchet replied.

"Under the circumstances, swiftness of action is paramount. This is one race that we absolutely cannot afford to lose."

"What about the decepticons? They were already on their way to Manhattan." Raf asked.

"Here's a twist, it would appear that the Decepticons have retreated from Manhattan."

"They just up and left?" Arcee asked.

"It is more likely that Megatron has already set course for the second set of coordinates. Having dispatched a unit to this relics underground location." Optimus explained.

"Without busting a city block to get to it?" Arcee asked in disbelief.

"They used subway tunnels. New York has a whole network of them running beneath the city." Jack explained.

"Since the human population no longer seems to be directly threatened, maintaining our disguise will be necessary. Arcee, Bumblebee, you are the best choices to navigate through such a densely populated area."

"Optimus, New York has more than 8 million people. The odds of being spotted by at least one of them are pretty high, even if they are headed underground." Jack said.

"Where are you going with this?" Arcee asked.

"You're gonna need a face man. Someone who can speak on their behalf. A human who can run interference if their cover gets blown." Jack cried.

"Well I've actually been in subway stations. I grew up in a major metropolis, unlike Mr. 'i've never been outside Jasper, Nevada.'" Miko retorted.

"I have been to Cybertron." Jack replied.

"Cybertron doesn't have subways. Does it?" Miko asked.

"Agent Fowler's field experience makes him our best candidate." Optimus said as he turned to look at where Agent Fowler was currently resting.

Agent Fowler's hand suddenly went up and he was babbling gibberish in the process. Julie sat there smirking in the process and covering her mouth up with her hand to keep back the giggles. "If he weren't still recovering from his encounter with the Decepticon warship." Ratchet said.

"Which we survived, without incident." Miko cried.

"You wish, if it wasn't for me, there to save your precious little rears." Julie cried. Before she quickly covered up her mouth in embarrassment at how loud she had retorted.

"Very well, Miko and Jack will accompany Arcee and Bumblebee." Optimus sighed. "Initiate transport and triangulate coordinates of the three relics.

Miko smirked as she turned and looked up at Julie. "Well, see ya winged elf." She cried before she hopped into Bumblebee's alt mode while Jack rode on Arcee through the groundbridge and out of sight. Julie sighed before she rolled her eyes and flew up into the rafters. Mumbling underneath her breath. "Someone needs to learn some manners."