18 . *

Damon didn't let Ric's interrogation kill his mood as he headed home to the love of his life and made a mental plan of their evening. He wasn't just going to rush in and take her right to bed after all. No, she deserved some romance. After a moment's though he decided to do something he'd never done before and detoured to the florist. He never really saw the point in getting flowers for someone when they would just die in a few days anyway, but women found it romantic, so he could do it. Just this once. He got her a bouquet of roses and continued on to the boarding house.

Bonnie heard Damon drive up and headed down to meet him, stopping short with a gasp as she got to the bottom of the stairs and saw the roses he was holding. A bright smile broke out on her face as she closed the rest of the distance and took them, kissing him lovingly. She blurred to the kitchen to put them in a vase and by the time she got back, he had started some music. "Dance with me?" he asked, holding out a hand to her.

"I'd love to," she said happily and took it. They danced for quite a while before their passion overwhelmed them and they made it to the bed. Bonnie had wanted him to be her first as a vampire for a reason and it was the most incredible experience of her life. She knew that a lot of that was just the enhanced senses of vampirism, but not nearly all of it. The rest was just Damon. The way every touch, every kiss, every movement showed his love for her and she returned every gesture as she surrendered to it all. As they laid there catching their breath, she reached out to brush her hand over his face lovingly, "I love you, Damon."

Damon smiled brightly and turned to kiss her hand as he said, "And I love you, Bonnie. Always."

"Always," Bonnie agreed as she leaned in for a kiss which soon turned to more again, and so it went long into the night until they fell asleep in each other's arms, happy and sated.

They didn't get long to bask in their happiness before Klaus returned to town, with Stefan in tow as Bonnie knew he would, and they learned that only Elena's blood could create hybrids. On the plus side, it meant that Elena was as safe as she could be, and kept Stefan in town to 'babysit' her. On the down side, she now essentially belonged to Klaus. It could be worse though. At least he was still letting her live her life. Bonnie worried about the emergence of Ric's other personality. Last time that had screwed everything all to hell, but it didn't seem to happen. Apparently preventing Esther's interference in this world had prevented that as well. Maybe she'd gotten caught in her experiments or something. She could hope at least. That meant that things were relatively peaceful and all they needed to do was get Stefan back.

Bonnie was perfectly happy to help with that however she could, but took a little trip with an excuse to Damon about knowing a witch that might be able to help. She had the sireline breaking spell, one that she hadn't sold, but had made an effort to memorize in the future. She had a good idea of who might be capable of it based on who had bought her spells. For the hell of it, she'd snatched hair from Rebekah and even managed to sneak into the coffins and take one from all the others as well. Klaus would be the priority though to save her, Damon, Stefan, Caroline, and now Tyler too. The witch could get to the others when she recovered from the massive power requirements for Klaus'. It would be the payment for the spell. At least part of it. Since it wasn't a spell that would be useful aside from what Bonnie asked for, she had to pay a bit of money too in order to get it done, but it was worth it and she had more than enough. She was filthy rich just from selling the spells, which orders were still coming in for and that was without her investments that were raking in the cash too so a few thousand dollars per original was just a drop in the bucket. She stayed until Klaus' was broken and then told the witch to get to the others as soon as she could and headed home to her man. Now she didn't have to worry if they did end up killing Klaus this time.

Bonnie was even more nervous about Mikael this time than she was before. Now she was food to him, after all, but his deal with Damon naturally included her in its protection. Like before, Stefan double-crossed the big plan and Mikael died. Damon was pissed, but soon learned that Stefan did it to save him which at least meant that they were on the verge of getting his humanity back if it wasn't all the way back. Once it was back, Stefan and Elena got back together, and the fight against Klaus was ongoing. At least they didn't have to worry about the whole family being undaggered and Esther's interference. Unfortunately, Rebekah still ended up killing Elena and she still ended up a vampire. She'd been jealous of Klaus' hybrid family and wanted to prevent him from making any more. That got a 'civil war' started in the Mikaelson family and the Mystic Falls gang was essentially forgotten about for the time being.