3

After a good meal and a solid twelve hours of sleep, Bonnie pulled herself out of bed and hopped in the shower to consider her plans for the day. Seeing Damon was definitely up there on the list. Even if he was too busy or upset or whatever to talk to her, she just couldn't resist seeing him again. Vibrant and strong and vampiric and /himself/. She needed to see that with her own eyes. She wasn't going to tell him about the time travel. Wasn't going to tell anyone if she could help it. She could use the mess they'd just been through as an excuse for 'distraction' until she got caught up with the little details of her life in this time period, and chalk any newfound maturity up to the same thing. Which also meant getting her story straight for her rapid turnaround to Damon and refreshing her memory on all the things she owed him apologies for.

Those thoughts lasted her all the way through breakfast before she got ready to go. She hoped that Elena wasn't with Damon at the moment and then realized that she was probably taking care of her brother. The question was whether Damon was with her. There was nothing for it but to check so she headed out to the Salvatore house and rang the bell, rehearsing again in her mind what she was going to say. There was a bit of a delay before Damon opened the door and she could tell by his wet hair, the few drops of water still clinging to his shoulders and the fact that all he was wearing was pants that he had just gotten out of the shower.

Damon smirked at her discombobulation. He knew full well how hot he was and the fact that she hated him didn't make her immune to that fact. Not that he would ever touch her with a ten-foot-pole. Hate sex was all well and good with anyone but a witch who could curse him later for it. He wasn't going to stand there and be ogled all day though. "If you're looking for Elena, she's not here."

That was enough to snap Bonnie out of her trance and she shook her head, blush rising to her cheeks. "No, I was...actually looking for you."

"Oh?" Damon raised an eyebrow, but opened the door to let her in. "And what bus is it that you want to throw me under today?" he asked as he poured himself a drink and offered her one too, surprised when she took it.

"I owe you an apology," Bonnie started.

"You do, do you?" Damon asked skeptically, wondering what she was buttering him up for this time.

"Yeah. I do. For a lot of things. Though I would like to point out that the tomb wasn't my fault. I had no idea what Grams was planning. The device though. That /was/ my fault. I shouldn't have lied about dispelling it and you almost died because of it, so...I'm sorry. I'm also sorry for blaming you for Caroline turning. If anything, it was my fault. The device I lied about caused the accident in the first place and then I was the one that asked you to heal her. You did a good thing and didn't deserve the way I treated you for it."

"What is this about?" Damon asked suspiciously.

"This is me trying to make amends for being a bitch," Bonnie told him.

"Why?" he asked with narrowed eyes. "And before you answer that, let me point out that I'm not stupid enough to believe that this total about-face out of nowhere is just because."

Bonnie had known he would never believe that, which was why she had an answer all ready for that. "I essentially killed someone a few days ago, Damon. I sacrificed John Gilbert's life for Elena's. Then I tried to resurrect Jeremy and lost my magic in the process," which was the story she was going with for that. "It made me realize...I don't have the right to decide who lives and who dies any more than you do. But when push comes to shove and the decisions have to be made...I'm going to choose the people I care about too, so how can I fault you for doing the same thing?"

"Uh-huh," Damon said, still skeptical, swirling his drink in his hand and waiting for more.

"You saved my life, Damon. At that dance. And yeah, it was just because you needed me, but that's not the point. You saved Caroline's life from that accident, no matter what ended up coming of it. You've saved all our lives. We ask you for help and then condemn you for it and you don't deserve that."