forty three.

shiho did not proceed with the lawsuit in the end. soojung had came to her, profusely apologizing and begging shiho to not sue her and explaining her situation. honestly, shiho already knew the culprit was actually soojung.

when she re-read that post, she noticed how it mentioned about her crush. the only person who had told her something like that could only be soojung.

however, shiho was not that kind to let her go untouched. in exchange of her dropping the lawsuit, shiho demanded her to delete that post, write an apology letter explaining the truth and post it publicly. because of this offense, soojung had also been suspended from school for three weeks starting today.

once the whole matter is settled, shiho returned to classroom. she had missed almost the whole day of classes because of this matter. when she came inside the classroom, it was self-study time so there was no teacher around.

shiho did not return to her seat right away. instead, she went to the podium. she felt like she should say some things to clarify everything.

it was time to take her facade off completely.

-

"i have something i want to say to all of you." shiho took a deep breathe to calm herself before continuing, "i know everyone here have probably read the post or listened to rumours about this, so i feel the need to address some things – because there is indeed some truths in that post."

she gripped her hands tighter, feeling the facade she had been holding out all these while cracked slowly.

"first of all, it is true that i have a mental issue. like what is said in the post, i developed depression from few years back because my mother passed away. under that stress, i took the wrong way and started taking sleeping pills to numb the pain. of course, it was wrong and illegal. it was something that i regret very much doing it. i will not excuse myself for that."

a piece of the cracked facade fell slowly.

"my family is incomplete but it is not broken, i just hope everyone would not make any assumption about my father. he is a good person and i love my father very much."

another piece fell..

"next, about the whole 'perfect-girl' fiasco.. i would admit, at first, i really treasured this title. when people called me that, it gave me the impression that my life was great and perfect, as if nothing was wrong at all when in truth, it is nothing like that. being called as a perfect girl, it deluded myself into thinking that i can be perfect. in turns, it made me really scared that people will find out just how imperfect i am actually. and sometimes, this title is just suffocating. there are times when i want to get mad or make trouble like other people but i could not, so i bottled up all my feelings and suffer on my own."

one more piece detached.

"but now, i no longer want to be that perfect girl. i want to stop pretending and just live my life peacefully. i want to befriend with you guys without having to fear you guys finding out about my issue. i just want to be a normal shiho. with that, i hope all of you would accept this version of me too. i also apologized if i ever do something that offended you guys this whole time."

finally, the whole facade was gone. she was now standing as the real her, one that is full of flaw, one that is imperfect.

she's no longer the perfect girl, im shiho.

now, she's just the normal girl, im shiho.

the class went silent for a moment before someone started applauding and the whole class followed soon.

"we are sorry too, shiho. we are also insensitive and constantly pressure you." one person said.

"right. we did not realise that you are having a hard time and always bothered you. honestly, all girls want to befriend you but you are always so detached and treat us like business partners so we do not know how to approach you." a girl from the rich kid clique said.

"alright, alright. the past is past. i just want to ask something: is it true that you are dating *ehem* kim sunwoo *ehem*?"

shiho's face automatically reddened. she opened her mouth to speak but no words came out. she looked at sunwoo for help and the latter got the signal.

sunwoo shot a look at the boy who asked, "what? you don't believe it?"

the boy quickly shook his head nervously, "no, i believe! kim sunwoo is so handsome, he is really suitable with our beautiful shiho." he awkwardly laughed and mumbled lowly, "lucky bastard."

the whole class erupted in laughter.

and they all lived happily ever after.

the end.

a/n: just kidding, i'll write a proper epilogue after this but anyway, this concludes facade! mann, it took about 5 years to complete this fanfiction whyy–

i started this fanfiction on impulse, do not even think it will get this much read 😭😂 anyway, i'll do a post-mortem chapter after i post the epilogue so stay tuned!