eighteen

a/n: before my mid-sem break ends...

++visual of the boyz in tattoo teaser got me lovestruck 😍

-

at the sound of the bell ringing, the ethic class finally came to its end, much to the students' delight. it was time for lunch break and everyone was eager to leave the room after a long morning full of classes.

shiho was just arranging her things when sanha came to her table. "i have some matters to attend right now, will you be okay to go to the cafeteria alone?" he asked, concern was visible in his voice.

she jokingly shot him a glare, "i'll be fine. you worry too much, sanha. it's not like this is my first time having lunch alone."

sanha laughed sheepishly at her words, "i'm just... well, you were sick yesterday so... anyway, i'll just meet you at the cafeteria after this." she nods and they exited the classroom together, before parting ways to their respective direction.

walking alone to the cafeteria was kinda awkward and strange since she was used to sanha's presence but she brushed the feelings off right away. when she reached the cafeteria, it was already packed with students. the line to get food was quite long and it took her about ten minutes to finally get her lunch.

her eyes scanned the crowd for any available seats and she found one which was a table away from where sunwoo, eric and hyunjoon were sitting. the three infamous boys had occupied a table of six all for themselves and nobody seems bold enough to say anything.

she looked back and forth between her first option and sunwoo's table before she finally made her decision. a look of determination was clear on her face as she calmly made her way there and placed her meal tray on the table.

"can i sit here?"

shiho asked at the same time sunwoo, eric and hyunjoon looked up from their trays of food. she watched in nervousness as their expressions morphed into one of shock, with a hint of disbelief upon seeing her.

it was a short moment before sunwoo recovered from the shock. he cleared his throat in attempt to regain his composure and calmly resume his bites as he gestured to the available seat opposite him, "have a seat."

he watched as she quickly sat down, the nervous look on her face being replaced with a thankful one and she shyly mouthed a silent "thank you" to him. a small chuckle escaped his lips as he shook his head in helplessness at her antics.

eric and hyunjoon, who barely got over their initial shock, watched the exchange between sunwoo and shiho with mixed feelings. it was surprising to see them interacting openly, not to mention cringing too.

"so, are you guys like... finally decided to be open about it?" hyunjoon cautiously asked, looking back and forth from sunwoo to shiho for answer.

sunwoo raised a 'wth-are-you-talking-about' brow in response, while shiho had a blank look on her face. clearly, she also had no idea what hyunjoon was talking about.

"open about what?"

another tray of food was placed on the table and four pair of eyes snapped to the newcomer a.k.a yoon sanha. he leisurely took his seat next to shiho, ignoring the strange looks he got from the boys trio and started eating his meal.

"no offense, but why are you sitting with us?" eric didn't mean to sound rude but it was quite uncomfortable to have lunch with the class monitor, when they were not even close to begin with. shiho was an exception since she had a thing with sunwoo, but sanha..?

"i'm sitting with my bestfriend and she just happens to sit with you guys. do you have any problem about it?" sanha sassily replied, his tone making eric scoffed in annoyance. then he turned to shiho and questioned with narrowed eyes, "why did you even sit with them?"

shiho was caught off guard with the question. her eyes wavered as she tried to come up with an answer. "just because. we are all classmates, right? it's normal to have lunch together." she grinned and nonchalantly continued eating her lunch, hoping that sanha would buy her answer and stopped asking.

"but you have never—"

sunwoo sighed loudly, placed his chopsticks down with a force harder than necessary and looked at sanha with a sharp gaze. "can we just eat in silence?" his annoyance was prominent and sanha knew better than to push his luck. he cleared his throat and reluctantly obliged, resuming his lunch in silence.

no one dared to utter any sound afterwards. tension hung heavily in the air and they all ate quietly, despite the cheerful and hectic surrounding in the background.