twenty six.

sunwoo could already tell her decision and the corner of his lips lifted up. "i'm sure you can." he gently assured her.

a faint smile finally appeared on her sullen face. "then, i'll go for the consultation. but can you go with me? i don't wanna go there alone."

she sounded like a sulking child who was asking to be coaxed and sunwoo couldn't help but chuckle. he gently patted her head and nodded with a proud smile: "don't worry about it. you made the right decision, im shiho."

shiho blushed at his warm action and when he offered her a piece of caramel candy, she couldn't stop herself from grinning wider.

he said, "a reward for you." before nonchalantly making his way to the class.

shiho stared at the caramel candy on her hand like it was some sort of treasure. her cheeks reddened and she could barely hold herself from giggling.

gosh, what was this feeling? why was she so happy from just receiving a candy that didn't even cost a dollar?

"shiho." a timid voice called out from behind her and popped her imaginary bubbles.

shiho turned around and was surprised to see soojung standing behind her. "s-soojung." she greeted awkwardly.

soojung hesitated for a moment before opening her mouth to speak: "shiho, are you okay?"

shiho stiffened visibly at the question. it was as if a bucket of cold water was thrown onto her, damping her mood and triggering her paranoia.

did soojung overheard her conversation with sunwoo? did she find out about her secret?

"w-why are you asking that question?" shiho tried her best not to sound jittery. soojung was eyeing her with a look she couldn't decipher – is she concerned? or is she trying to get her reaction?

"ah, it's nothing. i noticed you standing here alone and your face looks flush, so i am just worried." soojung sheepishly spoke, her hands fidgeting with her skirt nervously.

shiho was relieved instantly before a wave of guilt washed over her. it turns out soojung was just concerned. maybe because they're going to be in the same team for the school performance, soojung was just trying to be friendly. thankfully, she was just overthinking things.

"i-i'm so sorry if you find me uncomfortable." she looks embarrassed at shiho's silence and tried to leave when shiho caught her sleeve to stop her.

"no, that's not it. thank you for your concern." shiho smiles, a little bit touched at soojung's kindness. "i'm fine, maybe it's just the hot weather. well, let's go back to class together?"

soojung's smile blooms at shiho's invitation. "okay."

they settled on a k-pop dance cover for the school performance. it was decided on a very short meeting that took place in the empty classroom after school ended and lasted for only five minutes because shiho and sanha needed to rush to their cram school.

because shiho and sanha had left first, that left hyunjoon,sunwoo and soojung to further discuss the details. hyunjoon had a deep passion in dancing, so he volunteered to lead them on the performance – which sunwoo had no objection for.

less work for him to deal with.

hyunjoon was explaining about his idea when he suddenly realised something, "anyway soojung, can you dance?"

sunwoo glanced at the girl to see her shaking her head timidly. "..i never tried it before." she bashfully spoke.

hyunjoon nodded, contemplated for five seconds then decided right away, "it's okay, kim sunwoo can teach you the basic." he smiled, then swiftly continued his explanation.

sunwoo almost doubted his ears for a second. who can teach her basic? kim who–?

in his confusion, he glanced at soojung, coincidentally meeting her eyes. she seemed to be nervously watching his reaction. her eyes were earnest and sunwoo found it hard to refuse, so he smiled awkwardly at her.

turning his head back towards hyunjoon, he sent the latter a death glare for announcing things without asking his opinion first.