twenty eight.

it was another day at practice.

the boys were not in the dance studio. a teacher came to the room few minutes earlier and asked for help to move some things into another building, so the three left to go help.

while waiting for them, shiho sat down on the floor and reached for her book. might as well use this time to study. that was her thought when soojung suddenly came and sat down next to her.

"shiho, i'm really impressed by how diligent you are." she had spoken first. these few days, soojung seems to be more comfortable with them so she was no longer as shy and timid as before.

"i'm not. it's because i have to work hard for the exams. " shiho smiled softly, her hand writing busily on the paper. she needed to be diligent, she couldn't afford to fail.

"no, i have never seen someone more diligent than you. if i need to work as hard as you, i think i would probably develop depression from all the pressure."

shiho froze. it's like her heart just stopped beating for a second. soojung's words, although being spoken casually, cut sharp into her heart. recovering herself, she just laughed it off.

"how i wish to be as good as you. you are so perfect, in and out."

shiho's grip on her pen tightened. it took her a lot of effort to keep calm and appear normal despite feeling her anxiety coming. why was soojung suddenly said all these things towards her?

"anyway shiho..." thankfully, soojung changed the topic because shiho felt like she couldn't handle more, "you are closed with sunwoo right?"

this made shiho snapped her head up towards soojung. the latter was smiling, her cheeks faintly blushing and shiho could guess the meaning behind that look.

no way...

"kim sunwoo... he is actually not that bad, right? i used to think that he is scary. no one dares to mess with him, but he is actually nice if you get to know him." soojung bit her lips shyly, "do you know whether he is single or not?"

shiho didn't know how to react, despite expecting it. she was momentarily at lost of words but managed to catch herself in time, "why? do you perhaps... like him?"

soojung looked down, her cheeks blushing even more and slowly nodded. "do you think i have a chance with him?"

no.

–was what shiho wanted to answer, but her body betrayed her and she nodded, "of course, you would not know if you don't try."

"really? you really think so?" soojung was giddy. "thank you shiho for supporting us. you are really the 'angel' of our school!"

yeah right, what an angel you are, im shiho.

soojung seems closer to sunwoo than before.

shiho didn't know why she was so annoyed at this fact. everytime when she saw them together, it's like she had an urge to come and separate the two. this feelings had become stronger everytime and she found it so absurd. not wanting to constantly get distracted by them, she drowned herself deeper into study.

exam would start on monday and she only had three more days to prepare for it.

she shouldn't waste time on other matter.

"shiho, let's go have our lunch."

shiho looked up from her exercise book to see sanha standing before her. she glanced at the clock and noticed it was already lunch time. the classroom was already empty except for the two of them.

she agreed and left the classroom with sanha. arriving at the school cafeteria, shiho's steps suddenly halted, making sanha puzzled.

"what's wrong?" shiho suddenly looked gloomy and sanha was confused at her sudden change of mood.

"sanha, i suddenly don't feel that hungry. i'll go to the library and continue my study. you should go have lunch with the others." she smiled apologetically at sanha then turned, exiting the cafeteria before sanha could stop her.

sanha frowned. is there something wrong? he wondered in confusion and decided to have lunch first and then, go look for shiho later.

"yo, pres! come sit with us." at a table, hyunjoon called out when he saw sanha with his food tray. ever since they started to gather for practices after school, they had become accustomed to each other and could even be considered as friends now.

sanha came to the table where hyunjoon, sunwoo, eric and soojung sat together and took the vacant seat next to eric.

"anyway, where's shiho?" eric looked around for the sight of her but couldn't find the person he's looking for. didn't she usually come with sanha?

sanha shrugged, "she's here just now but right before we get our food, she suddenly excused herself, saying she is not hungry and will be going to the library to finish her study." he still did not know why shiho abruptly change her mind.

eric shook his head in awe, "damn, her dedication to study is impressive i can never.."

hyunjoon, who had been listening, suddenly nudged sunwoo who sat next to him and whispered, "oi, kim. do you have a fight with her?"

sunwoo almost choked on his soup when he heard this. "with who?"

hyunjoon gave him a look and whispered again, "your girlfriend, im shiho! who else am i talking about?"

sunwoo was taken aback with the accusation. "no. i don't even talk to her these days. she's always busy studying so i don't want to disturb her."

"really?" hyunjoon was skeptical, "but why do i feel like she's distancing herself from us? even when we are practicing, she doesn't really interact with us, if you've noticed."

sunwoo totally did not notice that. after all, they were not in real relationship so he had not pay attention to her much. was she having some sort of problem again? sunwoo frowned in thought.

"sunwoo.." soojung's voice snapped him out from his train of thoughts, "later, can we go through the dance steps again? i've practiced at home last night so i want to know whether i've done everything correctly." she looked at him earnestly.

sunwoo nodded, "alright, no problem."

hyunjoon who saw this furrowed his brows. when did these two become this closed?