Ch. 16 - FAVORITE SONG

Start from the beginning

"Keep going! Go!" Felisa yelled as they all quickly started running to the building again. "Move!" Frypan yelled as he held the door open, "Come on! Hurry up! Come on! Get in." Frypan yelled as they all managed to get inside before he shut the door. 

"Put him down. Watch his head." Felisa said as Newt and Aris carefully set Minho down on the ground and Felisa instantly got down next to him, "Who's got a light?" Thomas asked before someone clicked on a flashlight. "Minho!" Felisa as she grabbed Minho's face, "Come on, come on. Minho?" Newt said.  

"Minho?"  

"Come on, Minho."  

"Come on, man."  

When Minho didn't wake up or make any movement, Felisa sucked in a deep breath. "I'm sorry about this..." She mumbled before lightly smacking him, making the others cringe.  

Minho groaned, making everyone sigh in relief. "Holy hell." Felisa sighed softly, leaning her head on his chest as Minho looked at his hands,"Here you are. Are you okay?" Thomas asked. "What happened?" Minho asked in a slight daze and Felisa sat back up, "I think you got struck by lightning." Felisa and Minho furrowed his brows slightly.  

"Did you smack me?" He asked, making Felisa smile at him, "Come on, let's get him up." Felisa said as Teresa glanced around while they pulled Minho up. "Thanks, guys." Minho said and Felisa gently grabbed the side of his face, "Sorry for smacking you." She said and he smiled at her. "Wouldn't be the first time you've hit me." He said, making her chuckle. 

"Hey. What's that smell?" Teresa asked before clicking on her flashlight and as soon as she did, an infected person suddenly jumped out at her making them all scream and jump back. But the weird thing was, the man was chained to something, making him only able to go so far.  

"Behind you!" Teresa yelled, making everyone spin around right as another chained person ran at them. "Oh, shit! Oh, my God." Minho yelled, grabbing Felisa's arm as they all shined their flashlights around to see multiple people chained up around the room.  

"I see you've met our guard dogs." Someone said making them spin around as someone turned a light on before walking through a clear path where the people couldn't reach them. "Stay back! Stay back!" Minho yelled as a girl walked up to them before looking them all up and down.  

"You guys look like shit. Come on, follow me." She said as she started to walk away before turning back to the group when none of them moved, "Unless you want to stay here with them." She said. Everyone glanced at each other for a moment before following after her. 

A few minutes later, the girl led them to a larger area of the building that had a lot of lights and people. "Come on, keep up." The girl said as the group glanced around, "Jorge wants to meet you." She said. "Who's Jorge?" Thomas asked as they walked up some stairs and the girl smirked and glanced back at them, "You'll see." She said.  

"No one's come out of the Scorch in a long time. You've just got him curious." The girl said before glancing at Thomas, looking him up and down for a moment, "And me, too." The girl said. Minho gently grabbed Felisa's arm, pulling her closer to him as a lot of the people in the building were closely following behind the group.  

"Anyone else starting to get a bad feeling about this place?" Newt asked and Thomas glanced back at him, "Let's just hear him out. See what he has to say." He said as they went up some more stairs.  

"Jorge, they're here." The girl said as she walked up to a man who was standing by a table, listening to a radio. The man shushed her slightly as she sat down on a couch while he continued to mess with the radio. "Damn it." He whispered before turning the radio off and letting out a deep breath, turning to the group with his hands on his hips.