Ch. 9 - AN OFFERING

▪︎🌲🏃🏽‍♀️⚔ ▪︎

▪︎🌲🏃🏽‍♀️⚔ ▪︎

Chapter Nine🌲 An Offering 🌲

Chapter Nine
🌲 An Offering 🌲

"Hey." Teresa said making Thomas look up after he woke up, "Are you okay?" She asked as she lightly ran her hands through his hair as his head laid on her lap. "What the absolute hell were you thinking?" Felisa suddenly asked making Thomas look over at her, Minho, Newt and Chuck only to finally realize that he and Teresa were in one of the pits. 

"What happened?" Thomas asked, "Gally has taken control. He said we had a choice. Either join him or get banished at sundown with you." Newt said and Thomas groaned slightly as he stood up. "And the others agreed to that?" He asked as he glanced at Teresa, "Gally has everyone convinced that you're the reason all this has happened." She said and Thomas nodded slightly. 

"Well, he's been right so far." Thomas said, making them look at him confused, "What are you talking about?" Minho asked. "This place... it's not what we thought it was. It's not a prison, it's a test. It all started when we were kids. They would give us these challenges. They were experimenting on us. And then people started disappearing. Every month, one after the other, like clockwork." Thomas said. 

"They were sending them up into the maze." Felisa said and Thomas nodded, "Yeah, but not all of us." He said. "What do you mean?" Newt asked and Thomas was quiet for a moment, "Guys, I'm one of them. The people who put you here, I worked with them." Thomas said, making them all glance at each other. 

"I watched you guys for years. The entire time you have been here... I was on the other side of it." Thomas said before looking at Teresa, "So were you." He said. "What?" She asked, "Teresa, we did this to them." Thomas said and Teresa shook her head slightly. 

"No. That can't be true." She said and Thomas nodded, "It is. I saw it." He said and Teresa shook her head. "Why would they send us up if we were with them?" She asked and Thomas shook his head slightly, "It doesn't matter." He said as Teresa looked devastated by the new information. 

"He's right." Newt said, making everyone look at him, "It doesn't matter. Any of it. Because the people we were before the maze don't even exist anymore. These Creators took care of that. But what does matter is who we are now, and what we do right now. You went into the maze and you found a way out." Newt said and Thomas shook his head slightly.