Ch. 3 - GOODBYE BEN

▪︎ 🌲🏃🏽‍♀️⚔ ▪︎

▪︎ 🌲🏃🏽‍♀️⚔ ▪︎

Chapter Three🌲 Goodbye Ben 🌲

Chapter Three
🌲 Goodbye Ben 🌲

"Thomas." Alby said, making Thomas wake up before Alby covered his mouth, "Shh." Alby whispered, making Thomas furrow his brows as he looked up at Alby and Felisa. "Follow us." Felisa whispered before walking away making Thomas look at them confused before quietly getting out of his hammock. 

"It's peaceful, isn't it? I know it's hard to believe, but it wasn't always this way. We had dark days. We lost a lot of boys to fear. To panic. We've come far since then. Established order... made peace." Alby said as he looked at Thomas who nodded slightly. "Yeah. Why are you telling me this?" Thomas asked as they stood by the wall. 

"Because you're not like the others. You're curious." Felisa said and Alby nodded, "But you're one of us now. You need to know what that means." Alby said before grabbing Thomas' hand and placing a knife in it. Felisa pointed at the wall, making Thomas turn around to find a bunch of names carved into the wall, some crossed out.

"What happened to them?" Thomas asked, gesturing to one of the crossed out names, "Like we said... dark days, Thomas." Felisa said. Thomas looked at the wall for a moment before taking a deep breath and stepping up to carve his name. 

🌲 

Felisa, Newt and Thomas stood around the gardens as they worked, well, Thomas was more distracted than anything. "Has anyone tried climbing to the top?" Thomas asked and Felisa nodded, "Tried it. The ivy doesn't go all the way to the top." She said, not glancing up at him, "And besides, where are you gonna go from there?" Newt asked. 

"And what about the Box? You know, next time it comes up-" Thomas asked and Newt cut him off, "No, we tried that. The Box won't go back down with someone in it." Newt said. "Okay, what if we-" Thomas started to say but Felisa cut him off as she stood up, "No, we tried it, all right? Twice. Trust me. Anything you think of, we've already tried. The only way out of here is through the maze." Felisa said.

"Now, look, you wanna be helpful? Here." Newt said as he tossed a bucket over to Thomas, "Go dig us up some more fertilizer." Newt said. Felisa watched Thomas walk away as she moved to stand next to Newt. "This Greenie is more curious than anyone else has been." Felisa said and Newt nodded slightly, "Not sure if that's a good thing." He said and Felisa shrugged slightly.