Ch. 8 - OPEN DOORS

▪︎🌲🏃🏽‍♀️⚔ ▪︎

▪︎🌲🏃🏽‍♀️⚔ ▪︎

Chapter Eight🌲 Open Doors 🌲

Chapter Eight
🌲 Open Doors 🌲

A group of Gladers waited at the opening of the maze as Thomas, Minho and Felisa walked out. "What the hell's going on out there?" Newt asked as the three started to walk past the group, "What the hell have you done now, Thomas?" Gally asked as the group followed them. 

"We found something, a new passage. We think it could be a way out." Thomas said and Newt raised his eyebrows, "Really?" He asked. "It's true. We opened a door, something we've  never seen before." Felisa said and Minho nodded, "I think it must be where the Grievers go during the day." He said, making Chuck's eyes widened as he quickly ran up to them. 

"Wait! Whoa, whoa, whoa... You're saying you found the Grievers' home? And you want us to go in?" Chuck asked as Thomas looked at him, "Their way in could be our way out, Chuck." He said and Gally raised his eyebrows. 

"Yeah, or there could be a dozen Grievers on the other side." He said, making Felisa roll her eyes, "Well maybe it's a risk we're gonna have to take Gally. So slim it." She said. "No, the truth is, Thomas doesn't know what he has done, as usual." Gally said, making Thomas stop and turn to him. 

"Yeah, at least I did something, Gally. I mean, what have you done? Aside from hiding behind these walls all the time?" Thomas asked and Gally raised his eyebrows, "Let me tell you something, Greenie. You've been here 3 days, all right? I've been here 3 years!" Gally said and Thomas nodded. 

"Yeah, you've been here 3 years and you're still here, Gally! What does that tell you? Maybe you should start doing things a little differently." Thomas said, no one noticed Teresa walking up to the group, "Guys." She tried to say but no one paid attention. 

"Maybe you should be in charge, what about that-" Gally started to say before getting cut off. "Hey, it's Alby!" Teresa said, making everyone look at her, "He's awake." She said. 

A moment later Teresa, Felisa, Minho, Newt, Thomas, Frypan and Gally walked into the Medjack hut where Alby was sitting on a bed. "Has he said anything?" Minho asked and Teresa shook her head, "No." She said and Newt moved towards Alby.