Ch. 2 - WELCOME HOME, THOMAS

▪︎ 🌲🏃🏽‍♀️⚔ ▪︎

▪︎ 🌲🏃🏽‍♀️⚔ ▪︎

Chapter Two🌲 Welcome Home, Thomas 🌲

Chapter Two
🌲 Welcome Home, Thomas 🌲

"Light him up!" Alby yelled as he and some of the held sticks that were on fire before they threw them into a fire pit causing a large burst of flames to erupt as they all cheered. After a little while everyone was talking to anyone, laughing, drinking, eating, doing tricks while the Greenie sat alone next to a log until Newt sat down next to him. 

"Hell of a first day, Greenie." Newt said and the Greenie nodded slightly before Newt grabbed a jar of some liquid. "Here. Put some hair on your chest." Newt said, hanging it to the Greenie making him grab it. He went to take a drink but quickly cringed and spit it out, making Newt look at him in amusement. 

"Oh! Oh, my God! What is that?" The Greenie asked as he handed the jar back while Newt laughed, "I don't even know. It's Gally's recipe. It's a trade secret." Newt said as they glanced back to see Gally fighting some guy in a fighting ring. "Yeah, well, he's still an asshole." The Greenie said, making Newt look at him, "He saved your life today. Trust me. The maze is a dangerous place." Newt said as there was a distant sound of the maze changing. 

"We're trapped here, aren't we?" The Greenie asked and Newt nodded slightly, "For the moment. But... you see those guys? There, by the fire?" Newt asked as he pointed at something behind them making the Greenie turn around. "Those are the runners." Newt said as they looked at a small group of guys. 

"That guy in the middle there, that's Minho." Newt said, pointing at the guy in the blue short who was sitting down eating. "He's the Keeper of the Runners. Every morning, when those doors open, they run the maze... mapping it, memorizing it, trying to find a way out. And occasionally, Felisa runs with them as well." Newt said as Felisa walked over to the group. 

"Oh, and don't try to make any moves on her. Not only will she kick your ass herself, but she and Minho have had this unspoken thing between them since she came up." Newt said as Felisa leaned against Minho's back, whispering something making him look at her with a smile before she laughed.