Embrace for Impact

Getting ready to head out, I quickly placed a call to my secretary to announce that I will be late for office.

“Hello! Joanna, I need you to cancel all my meetings scheduled from this morning till 2pm. I will be coming in today very late maybe in the late afternoon. But the meeting with the board of directors should still be active I believe I would be back before then.  When I come to the office I will explain better to the Executive Director. And please ensure you submit the new dates and time for the cancelled meetings on my desk before I arrive.”

“Ok that is nice of you, Bye.” I concluded before ending the call.Immediately I finished placing the call, I joined my husband who was waiting outside and we proceeded to the car to go to the court.

“My parents will be meeting us in the Court” Michael said as soon as we drove out of our house.

“Ok! That’s fine, I will sit with Mum while You and Dad go Up there and do the needful” I replied him trying to act relaxed.

“Yes. And please do not answer the press after the court session just head to the car and wait for me till I meet you there. Look I’m sorry for putting you through this, I really am, Just Trust me about this while we trust God that everything will go as planned” He told me holding my hands while driving.

We arrived at the Court 1 hour before the expected time.

The moment we came out I saw my husband go to some men I assumed were his colleagues and Bosses at his place of work.

Immediately I went over to Dad’s Car to meet Mum as Dad left to join another group of People that I assumed were the member of the Jury because they were wearing the same attire as Dad. The Judge’s Attire.

We were ready to move inside the court. It wasn't a hussle to get it like we do see it in the movies.

"The culprit that tried to embezzle the money should be jailed" one of the press shouted.

I looked back in shock. The temptation to reply back was strong. I wanted to defend my husband.

He had warned me not to say anything.

"God why was I not stubborn woman" I hoffed as I noticed mom pulling me inside.

The press are always quick to judge i was still angry for not replying back then.

Mom noticed my mood and wispehered to me "Let it slide my darling" while we sat down.

“Lord I believe you and trust you on this case, thank you for answering my …….” I was still praying while sitted when I heard the court clerk ordered everyone to rise up for the judge.

I looked at Michael standing at the front row and besides him stood his boss, I still remembered his face because he was present at our wedding.

He was among the few people my husband trusted and respected how could he be so unfair to Michael.

Something seems off how did the supposed embezzled money got transferred into an unknown bursary, who transferred it. What if the government decided to dig deep and get to the reason behind the supposed embezzlement.

I had to tag this case a supposed embezzlement because I cannot bring myself to tagging my husband and the word embezzle. It’s a supposed embezzlement.

I was still in my thoughts when I watched my husband step into the witness box, it was his turn. 

I watched my husband narrate his own side of the story. It was then everything became clear to me.

Michael trusted his boss too much. After few questions my husband went back to his seat. So many other people were summoned and interrogated before we knew it, the court declared a break.

We all went out and 15minutes later we were back. I was surprised to see dad coming to sit close to Mom who was beside me.

“Dad you are the judge you should be up there” I stated. 

“There was an impeachment since Michael is my son it was assumed that I will be impartial as we are related. So the next judge will finalize the case and make some pronouncements. Won’t be long the government did some diggings and have only one testimony to present. They were able to get the name of the bursary account the money was transferred to” Dad explained.

Immediately, we were ordered to stand again as the new judge just stepped in.As I sat down I was scared again.

“There is absolutely no way my husband could have transferred the money to his account. We are doing fine financially and I know my husband to be a contempted person. The bursary account cannot be his account" Mid-way in my thought I froze.

What if his boss transferred the money to my husband account and framed my husband. No that is too skeptical; Michael can’t be stupid to allow that. What if his boss did transferred the money to our joint account”.

“Haaaaaa! My God! ”  I exhaled in fright.

“There was no way Michael and myself would known if he did send the money to our account as we had disabled alert notification for the account.

It is meant for keeping our savings, only credit transactions are enabled. And my husband’s boss has the account details since he was among the people that sent us monetary gifts during our wedding.

He made a transfer back then. It wasn’t even a cheque”. Still in my thought I dropped my head down on my thighs.

Mom looked at me and muttered “everything will be fine my dear” and then she pulled me up.

Sitting up straight it was time for the government representatives to present their testimony a piece of paper which contained evidence of the account details.

As a learned person and someone who has wide knowledge on law and order I knew the punishment for fraud and embezzlement

“O God please my husband cannot go to jail, he is all I have” I muttered to myself, I was close to tears already.

********

" What is your thoughts on this
Who do y'all think is the culprit
If Michael is the culprit should he be punished
Kindly Comment what u think and also vote for me "

Joy