Kinky Beginning

I still remember how it all started, just few days after the eighteenth month of our Marriage; Michael started keeping Late Nights and sometimes refused to eat when he returns when I asked "Why" he would come up with different excuses.

Knowing the fact that work can be hectic I do not push further, it is either we would go to bed in silence or he would just sleep in the living room. It was not long before I started praying about it, I did not want to involve anybody so I took it upon myself to talk to him about it.

After Talking and pouring how I felt to my husband, He maintained that all was well that he has lot of things doing in his office that is why he kept late nights and been so tired he would rather just sleep and not eat.

That day which was a week ago I understood everything and then we came up with a time for his coming back and for 3 days he came home by the agreed time but after then he started the late nights again.

As I sat in the Dining Room I promised myself that I wasn't going to allow this pass. We need to tackle it this night.

Immediately the bell rang, I rushed to open the door. "I am tired of been an understanding wife" I spat out.

Before I could say something else my husband fell on me. "What! Michael you have been drinking?" I asked trying to lift him up.

Without answering he helped himself up and went straight to the bedroom."Ok I have gotten enough of this and you are going to telling me what is going on with you" I rant as I followed him upstairs.

"Just go to sleep or better still allow me to sleep we can talk about this tomorrow" he replied me before he fell to the bed and dozed off without undressing.

Knowing fully well that my nagging will not do me any good since he is too drunk to understand hence a quarrel tonight is useless I felt so angry and bitter and decided to go to bed too.

"Suit yourself and I hope you enjoy your stupid sleep" I said dragging the bed sheet off him.

The next morning I woke up alone on the bed, went to the bathroom nobody was there, then I went downstairs, nobody in the living room entered the kitchen and nobody but it looked like someone was there because I saw some used plates, moving to the dining I saw a note that read "I'm off to the office, had to take care of something, did not want to disturb you so I made pancake and tea to eat. you will find yours beside the note, will be back early for groceries shopping. Bye. Love you."  On the Tray.

"It's Saturday why will he have to go to work" I thought to myself. Then I went back upstairs to the bedroom, I did not know how but I had already lost my appetite this morning. I wanted to get to the root of this Today.

Evening came and night came yet there was no sign of my husband. At first I told myself I was not going call him but seeing it was 10:30pm. I called and he did not pick.

I kept calling until I decided to stop after the 8th call and promised to call a family friend who is the D.P.O of Maitama District once it's 11pm.

At exactly 10:55pm His car rolled in. Immediately I saw him I was grateful to God that he was Fine. But I still got my Anger.

"So are you going to tell me where you are coming from?" I asked as soon as he left his car. "Let's go inside first" he replied before he brushed past me and headed inside.

"You know you are lucky that I am an understandable woman" I said the moment we were inside

"To answer your Question I am coming from the office" Michael replied so relaxed.

"And" I enquired. "And I had a lot of stuff to deal with that was why I came in late" he answered.

"And" I shouted with fury.

"And I Forgot to call to tell you that I cannot make it for Groceries shopping" he Shouted too. 

"And?" I shouted again losing my anger.

"And I could not pick your call because I was driving, I did not want to be pulled back by those officers on the high way" he said this time stammering.

"And?" I asked trying not to allow my anger get the best of me.

"And I am truly Sorry, Please Forgive Me" he said coming close for a Hug. I just pushed him and pulled the Question I wanted asking.

"Why did you come Home Drunk just like last time? You promised to talk about it, and you owe me an explanation for your behavior these past days. I thought we talked about this and you promised to make this work by trying your Best. You cannot continue to keep late nights and keep telling me its work. I really don't know if I should believe you or not. You know I believe you but I am just tired of understanding since you seem to be taking me for granted, So, What exactly is your problem?" I asked in one breath.

"I am serious, Trust me when I tell you that my late night is work. It's Work Honey. You won't understand but it's the truth, so just trust me and give me time things will go back to normal" He said Fake Smiling.

I knew the smile was fake as that was what he does to avoid a quarrel. But I wasn't going to allow this to lie.

"So you are going to continue coming home late?" I asked furiously.

"Ok Honey it's not like I planned it but it seems so, see I have a lot dealing with in the office and I am sorry about how it's affecting you, just understand and bear with me please" he beckoned.

"You know I'm educated right and you know very well that I know what your work entails so do you mind sharing What is keeping you" I asked trying to understand him

"I cannot tell you, just understand and give me time that is all I want from you" he begged.

"Just do as you want I don't matter after all. Your food is on the Table" I said and went upstairs sad.

He came into the room after he finished eating and kept giving me strange glances. One thing I know for sure is that he is not cheating on me. 

For the few years I've been with Michael, I can say he tells me literally everything and when there are times where it seems uncertain I just give him time for patience and understanding.

So I decided to pay him a surprise visit in his office on Monday to at least see what has been keeping him.

We reconciled on bed and then I drift to sleep leaving him awake.

As I doze off I noticed his unsettled mood and worries written all over his face. "I need to know what is going on I cannot be left in the dark" I said to myself before finally sleeping.

********

"A short Chapter
What do y'all think is the problem.
Drop your comments and please don't forget to vote"

Joy