First Day On the Job

Chapter 1

August rushed through the house nervously. What are you still doing here, bae? I told them I'd be in late because I was seeing you off on your first day baby, that was important for me to be there for you.

Oh, Morgan, you didn't have to do that. I know today is your deposition day.

They can wait until August. I'm not a partner yet, so I'm not busting my chops to make it to the office like I am one. Let me enjoy life's little delights while I'm able before making my partner baby.

Thank you honey, how do I look? Like a superstar August professional black New York sharp psychiatrist.

Knock em dead baby, here I made you a decaf coffee just as you like brown sugar and heavy cream August.

Heavy cream slips through the lips and sits on these hips, boy. From where I'm looking, them hips look mighty sexy  baby.

Hehe, August playfully tapped her husband. Thank you, Morgan. He picked up her brief case, walking her to the driveway where he opened the door for her, putting her brief case on the back seat. Okay baby, I will be late this evening because I went in late August don't forget.

I won't Morgan gimme some he leaned in pecking August we're gonna have to start adding sex night to the calendar Morgan.

The hell we will I won't pencil in our sex. We do it like we have since high school when our parent's wasn't home shit.

Haha! Boy, bye! August pulled out, waving before heading to the highway. Her phone rang . Was Morgan, how's 180? Good traffic is light if you're trying to beat the 7:30 am people you better leave like now bae. I'm right behind you. Okay Morgan, I'll text as soon as I arrive.

Okay, bye love, have a good first day. You too, Morgan. August arrived in jail in thirty minutes, not bad, she thought, looking for employee parking.

August put the badge on what she received at orientation. She locked her car making sure no money credit card's or medicine was inside as taught in orientation in case her car was stolen during a jail break they wouldn't get far by selling pill's or using cash or credit in her car.

Welcome, Doctor Sinclair. The guard's greeted her with smiles as she walked through the medal detector's. All she had was her brief case intentionally not carrying a purse, so there'd be one bag to check.

A female guard scanned her with the metal detecting wand clear she said aloud. They allowed August entry where she was greeted by the jail warden and her new secretary that happened to be a male.

Good morning, Warden. Good morning, Doctor Sinclair. Let me show you to your office. They escorted her. Wow, this is huge wing Warden.

Yes Doctor there used to be a staff of six employee's in this department they quit one by one finally the doctor retired after 40 year's of service.

I had your Admin separate the files of the patients that are still here that the former Doctor was working with from the new inmates  mandated for care by judge's order.

That case load is forty that have been mandated by the court. The rest of the inmate's would be voluntary. You don't have to worry much about them. These men don't feel they need help.

They don't want anyone scrabbling around in their minds, their word's not mine, Doctor.

Since the weekend is in two days, is it okay if I take the cases of the more severe severe patient's home from the past to familiarize myself with the cases? Sure, Doctor, just bring them back. You have all the lee way you need with these patient's. As you know, I'm waiting for the state to open a financial line for you to rehire a staff. You are allowed two additional clerks and four psychologists.

I know the doctor before you held group session's if you start that let me know four guard's must be present at all groups and one when you're holding individual sessions.

Never and I mean never are you to be alone with an inmate at no time Doctor this is an all male facility needless to say you know some men are here for rape. Please, please don't bend that rule.

Thank you, Warden. I won't. Well I'll leave you to it you've met your new Admin Steven. Yes, sir.

Okay, I'll leave you to it. Doctor staff meetings are every Thursday at one p.m. that's today in five hour's Doctor. I'll be there.

August thought she'd start with the new patient list before the old ones. The first patient by alphabetical order was Cairo Amin she looked over his court file and then opened the computer googling his case and anything she could find.

Being board, she asked Steven to have a guard bring Cairo for a formal meet and greet.

August quickly rose, rearranging the old school furniture of her office to omit a more comfortable feeling. She placed a chair with its back to the door and her's in front of it. She placed a small stool as a coffee table in the middle.

This will be due for now she smiled, cracking the vintage metal blinds, allowing light in.

A light knock was on her door come in, the guard entered with the inmate come in Mr. Amin. Call me Cairo.

My name is Doctor---

Sinclair. How did you know my name? My lawyer told me he was notified by the court that I'd have to comply with my sessions to be eligible for release.

Have a seat. August gave him a warm, inviting smile he sat in her chair. The guard uncuffed his hands, cuffing him to  metal circles bolted in the cement floor. Why did you choose that chair instead of this one, Cairo? I don't sit with my back to the door, Doctor.

Ever? No, it's not safe. She sat with her back to the door. The guard closed the door, giving them privacy. I'll be right outside the door, Doctor.

Thank you, officer. Cairo cut his eyes at him. August noticed the frustration in him but didn't ask him why..not now at least.

August noticed how daringly handsome he was. He was dark skin  with natural waves in his hair. His eyes were shaped like almonds with a light chestnut brown hue that added an ambiance to his handsome face.

He stood 6:3, according to his file, a 220 solid pound's of fine black man.

His arms were big she could tell he lifted weights but not enough to make him big and bulky but sexy right.

As far as her eyes could see, he was perfect handsome with a sexy added quiet quality, but he had a flaw he was a cold, hardened criminal.