The result was that when taxi drivers saw this situation, they all told her that the dog could no longer survive and that she shouldn't waste so much effort. Jiang Ran couldn't bear to abandon the dog and not care about it anymore, so she kept trying to stop cars to help.

In the end, a private car stopped in front of her, and the driver was He Zhiyuan.

He sent them to the pet hospital, and then accompanied her as the people there took photos and began performing surgery. Jiang Ran felt extremely moved. He Zhiyuan and her were complete strangers, but the other was willing to lend a helping hand to save a dog. When she was on the road trying to hitch a ride, there had been people who had told her that sending a dog to the pet hospital was very expensive and that it wasn't worth it for a stray dog.

Humans not only divided themselves into different social classes, even animals were not spared.

Fortunately, in the end this small dog managed to snatch his life from the jaws of death, and he was discharged after being hospitalized for three days.

"Therefore, you must remember his kindness forever."

"Woof." Feng Jing wagged his tail. Alright, you could consider He Zhiyuan as someone who was relatively compassionate. However, for a man to help a woman package things until midnight, you wouldn't think that was him being compassionate too, right?

Of course, Jiang Ran knew that He Zhiyuan felt something for her in that manner. In the past year, he would invite her out to play every now and then. Truthfully, the way they had met was very similar to the plotlines of popular romantic novels. However......Jiang Ran just didn't feel that way for He Zhiyuan.

Perhaps He Zhiyuan was also aware of that fact, because he had never said anything about this matter. Thus, Jiang Ran didn't know what to tell him.

"Ah, forget it. Let's not think about this anymore. Spending the whole day packaging exhausted me to death." Jiang Ran massaged her own shoulders, before reaching into her shirt, undoing her bra, and throwing it onto the couch.

Feng Jing: "............"

Don't be so casual ah! Why is there such a difference between the you before and now?

Jiang Ran was completely oblivious to the roar of indignation in Feng Jing's heart. Instead, she walked into the kitchen and pulled out a bottle of beer from the refrigerator. "Today had been this tiring, so let's just let loose this one time." She placed the beer to the side before taking out a block of cheese. After slicing up the cheese into small pieces and placing them on a small plate, Jiang Ran walked out holding both the beer and the cheese.

She sat on the sofa and opened the refrigerated beer, taking a sip before letting out a contented sigh. "Ahh——so nice."

Feng Jing: "......"

"Let's find a movie to watch." Jiang Ran turned on the television before scrolling through the movie library. Feng Jing recalled the scene in which she had watched that ghost movie and couldn't help his eyebrow twitching.

"Hmm, what should I watch?" Everything on the first page of recommended movies were not bad. Jiang Ran took a look around before choosing the "God's Forbidden Zone 3" Mo Zhen had starred in.

"Woof!"

She hadn't pressed the confirmation button when her dog suddenly rushed over, placing his paw onto the remote control and choosing the neighbouring movie "Deep Blue".

Jiang Ran: "......"

She silently lowered her head before looking at her dog. "Do you want to watch this?"