Chapter 3

Seeing Feng Jing frowning across from him, Mi Xie Er couldn't help but repeat his past words once again,"I still think it's better to report this to Supervisor Qin."

"No need," Feng Jing said, immediately rejecting the idea. He didn't want this matter to become even more troublesome. "I just felt a bit emotionally unstable recently. If you tell Qin Fan, not only would it be pointless, but it would even make me feel pressured. Wouldn't that be counterproductive?"

"But......" Just when Mi Xie Er was hesitantly offering his argument, his cell phone started ringing.

The caller ID showed that it was Supervisor Qin.

Spotting it with his sharp eyes, Feng Jing tried to snatch the phone from Mi Xie Er's grasp. However, Mi Xie Er was one step faster, he picked up the phone at lightning speed. "Good morning Supervisor Qin, may I ask if you have any instructions for me?"

Feng Jing narrowed his eyes and glared at him, the warning in his gaze as clear as day.

Mi Xie Er could not help but swallow, as he listened to Supervisor Qin on the other end of the line say,"There's nothing particularly special. Has Feng Jing gotten up yet?"

"He's already up. Everyday he gets up on time. Actually, there's no need for him to get up this early for this shooting, but he'll exercise a bit in the morning."

"En, not bad." Qin Fan was extremely satisfied with Feng Jing's performance. "How has the shooting been?"

"It's been going very smoothly. The director is extremely appreciative of Feng Jing's acting."

"That's good then. Oh right, keep an eye on the lead actress, Zhu Shuyan . Don't let her get too close to Feng Jing. Feng Jing just became the Film Emperor, so I don't wish for any detrimental rumours to spread."

"Supervisor Qin, you can rest your worries. Feng Jing truly minds his own business, and keeps out of trouble. Last night, Zhu Shuyan knocked on his door, but he didn't even open the door for her!"

Qin Fan laughed, "Alright, keep it like that. Make sure to take good care of him."

"I will, Supervisor Qin." Mi Xie Er finished talking, before he hemmed a bit, as though he wanted to say something more. Feng Jing could see him hesitate. So, he abruptly snatched away the other's phone before he put it near his own ear. "Supervisor Qing, already checking up on me this early in the morning, ah?"

Qin Fan noted the phone had now passed to Feng Jing, and thus added two more remarks. "Of course,, Film Emperor Feng Jing is currently our most popular cash cow. We have to be concerned about you at all times!"

"Haha, you have the nerve to actually say that out loud."

"It can't be helped. To be in our field of work, one must have a thick face."

Feng Jing: "......"

That's right, there was no one else.

When he heard Qin Fan's secretary talking from the other end of the line, Feng Jing seized the chance to hang up. "Supervisor Qin, you should go back to your work. I'll stop bothering you now." When he finished speaking, he simply cut off the call and stared at Mi Xie Er who was sitting across from him.

Mi Xie Er was momentarily rendered speechless.

"Uh, Mister Feng, I didn't plan to tell Supervisor Qin about the video matter, really!" Mi Xie Er pledged, his face the image of sincerity.

Feng Jing smiled darkly before saying, "That's great then. You don't have to worry too much either. After I finish shooting this advertisement, I'll take a temporary hiatus. I'll also take this time to adjust my condition, and I believe I'll get better very quickly."