Lottie's POV.

I hate Friday nights.

Hate hate hate hate Fridays.

"Why do you look so miserable?" River laughs, nudging me with his shoulder.

I shrug. I was sat crossed legged with him at the beach in front of large flames that billowed out from beneath the pile of wood.

We had gone on a walk and had found a beach party. Bomb fire. Other kids celebrating the end of certain subjects.

Obviously River pulled us over and admittedly it was fun to meet some new people and for a while my mood had completely sky rocketed and I had forgotten about things that have been a little shitty.

But well then I stared into the flames and was reminded of the cute little camp ground that Sutton and Rowan have in the middle of the woods and I am reminded that if they were here, right now, they would probably be enjoying the warmness of the fire juxtaposed with the cool air from the sea.

And so I got grumpy.

Sorry River I guess.

"You want a beer?" He asks me and I shrug again.

So he gets up and leaves me, heading to the cool tank that we were pretending was ours.

"Hey." A voice says quietly from behind. "You alone?"

I look up, my head hanging back, so I could meet whoever these eyes belonged to and I gave a small polite smile when my eyes met with a guys.

I had spoken to him earlier a little, but it hadn't been just us.

I look around quickly. There were a few couples sat the opposite side of the big bonfire. Another couple of girls, chatting and laughing a few spaces round from me.

"I'm with-" I look around for River and see him crouched down by the alcohol selection. I nod.

The guy looks over and acknowledges River. But comes and sits down next to me anyway. "You not from my school, are you?" He asks.

I raise my eyebrows in slight surprise at the brunette boy with blue eyes who many of the other girls have been fawning over tonight. I have been watching, observing.

He must think he's the shit.

"I just mean." Brunette boy smirks. "I would have recognised you if you went to my school."

Oh man.

I try hard not to roll my eyes.

"Yes you would have."

Like he'd know of me if we went to the same school.

"So where you from? Here?"

This group of kids are from a few towns over.

"Funnily enough, yeah." I mumble.

"Cold." He chuckles. "Taken?"

"Not interested." I correct.

"What's your name?"

"I said I wasn't interested in you."

He leans back on his hands, looking at me. "I never said I was interested in you. I asked you your name."

"You asked me if I was with anyone." I correct.

"Out of sheer curiosity."

I nod slowly and then send a pointed look towards the group of girls that had subtly been watching. "Be curious about them."