Chapter 22: Twilight of the Apprentice Part 2

At the foot of the temple, the Inquisitors, the Jedi, and Fallen Sith all stood in a stand-off. "So, the rumors are true, Darth Maul," Sister said with conferment.

Maul steps forward, passing the Jedi. Suri grips her fist tightly. "Not for long," she mutters. "Maul?" Mako asks, looking at her father, who was glaring at the man. "Formerly Darth, now just Maul." he corrects her.

Orion pulls Mako behind him, making her look up at him, "Ezra, step away from him." Kanan worse him, but the young Jedi just turns to him, "Kanan, I swear he's on our side!" Ezra assures him.

Maul looks over and saw Orion as he was guarding the young Jedi behind him, "Ah, it is good to see you again, Jedi Knight." he said with a bow. "It's Jedi Master now." Orion corrects him. Maul just smirks. "Dad, do you know him?" Mako asks again.

This gets Maul's attention. "Dad? Have you become a father? Breaking one of the Jedi's most sacred rules?" he questions, then chuckles at him. Orion just glares as he held his arm in front of Mako. "Oh, how much of a hypocrite you are, Firebreather." he points out.

Orion felt his anger well up, "But enough about that, perhaps my actions will speak louder than words." he assures Ezra. Then pulls a piece from his cane, igniting his double-bladed saber.

Then he jumps into action and began to fight off the Inquisitors, Suri steps back as she watches Maul fight them. "What are we waiting for?" Ezra questions as he ignites his saber.

Maul proved to be an impossible asset to kill as he was effectively dodging their attacks. Then Suri cries out as she slams her knee into Young Brother, knocking him back. She lands in a predator stance and then stood to her feet.

"Well, well, well. The padawan wishes to fight alongside me?" Maul questions with a grin, "Save it, Maul. I'm only doing this to stop them from hurting Mako. I suggest you don't lay a finger on her." she snaps, shoving her finger in his face.

He chuckles at her, "But of course, my dear." he said with a bow. "And I'm not your dear," she growls, removing her hood as she lets her cloak fall from her body.

Revealing her long hazel brown hair in a tight bun, a duristeel mask covering her eyes as her outfit was draped with dark fabric, clone armor along her arm and knees, a torn fabric tail hanging in the back, and a unity belt strapped around her waist.

She held out her hand, and a saber flew into her palm, she took the stance of a Jedi Knight and engages her saber, the color was a deep grey. "Suri Qin, I heard of you. Weren't you expelled from the Jedi Order under the claim of treason?" Sister questions, taunting her.

But Suri just smirks, "What can I say? I have a habit of breaking things!" she shouts, charging at Sister. The attack took her by surprise.

The Jedi stayed in their place as they watched him and Suri fight them off, "Why would you come here?" Sister questions them. "They know of the artifact." Brother calls out, then went to attack.

But Orion and Kanan stop him. Younger Brother tries to attack, but Ahsoka stops him and they were in a stalemate. "The Holocron, do you have it?" he questions. Maul and Suri grin to themselves. "You will find out soon enough," Maul assures him.

Sister just growls to herself. "Fall back!" she orders, shoving Suri away, Ahsoka catches her as Maul swings at them, but he misses as their blades twirl lifting them off the ground, retreating into the cavern.

Suri exhales as she pulls herself up with Ahsoka's help, "Maul, what game are you playing?" Ahsoka questions. Orion pulls Mako behind him, Maul tosses his cane to the side. "The end game, Lady Tano," he answers and looks to the Temple. "The End Game," he mutters to himself.