Chapter 20: The Mystery of Chopper Base

The Fleet flew in orbit of the planet as fighters and starships were making supply drops to the surface.

Hera toggles the switches, "Ghost to Phoenix home, we're heading down with another load." she informs command, as Zeb steps inside the room. "Copy, Ghost. I'll meet you on the surface." Sato informs them.

"So, one more load, then we'll take a break." Hera informs, turning to Zeb, "Are they still at it?" she asks, "Pretty much non-stop." he answers.

Hera climbs down the ladder to the cargo hold, joining Sabine and Leo as they were training "They're getting good." Leo informs her. "Keep your blade up." Kanan orders him as Ezra blocks his swings, "It's easier to drop it than it is to raise it." Kanan warns.

Shoving him towards the wall, Ezra shoves back, but Kanan shoves him back and shot his hand out, Force pushing Ezra back into the wall. "Mako's not with him?" she asks her. The two looked at her. "Orion wanted to spend time with her and Amelia, there's down on the surface, training." Sabine says, "Or Mako's listening to her parents tells her about their time in the Clone Wars." Leo informs her.

Hera smiles softly and looks back at the two, seeing Ezra fire at Kanan. "You know that's my move." he reminds him. "I steal from the best." Ezra threw out. Igniting his Saber.

Hera perks up, watching the Jedi train. They both pressed on, not slowing or backing down. Ezra flips over the wall and lands behind him. "Gotcha!" he gloats, his blade right against Kanan's neck. Kanan just looks over her shoulder, "And I got you." he answers.

Ezra blinks and looks down, seeing Kanan's blade pointed right at him, "Agh! Tied again!" Ezra snaps as he turns away, "There's no just thing as a tie. You lose, you die." Kanan tells him. "Yeah, and you win by killing an Inquisitor." Ezra threw back at him.

But Kanan shook his head, "No. You win by surviving." he tells him, "Not bad, you two." Leo calls out. Making the two look up at them, "You two are getting pretty good." Sabine calls out.

Kanan crosses his arms as Ezra places his at his hips, "Getting? Are you saying we weren't good before?" he questions them. Leo chuckles at them, "I think she just meant you're even better now." Hera informs him.

Ezra grins, "I'll take it." he calls out, then Kanan ignites his saber, charging at Ezra then the young man ignites his, "Hey!" he calls out, blocking Kanan's saber. "You never turn your back on an enemy." he tells him and pulls off Ezra, "Okay. But since when are you, my enemy?" Ezra asks him.

Kanan just sighs, "Let's go again." he tells him and took his stance, "When we get to the planet, think Uncle Orion would train with us?" Ezra asks, Kanan smirks. "We'll see," he answers then the strike.

Hera just watches, but a thought crosses her mind, Sabine looks over at her, seeing that look in her eyes, the frown grew as the worry sets in, Leo places his hand on her shoulder, making her look at him, "Are you okay?" he asks, she exhales and places her hand over his, "I'm okay." she assures. But Leo shot a look over at Sabine, she was worried too.

~8~8~8~

The Ghost arrives on the surface, setting down as the ramp opens, "I thought you'd be more excited about our new base. We finally have a place to call home." Hera asks Kanan as the Ghost crew walks down the ramp, "Trust me, Hera, I'm excited. This is my excited face." he answers, pulling a smile.

She just frowns and looks away, "Yeah, very nice." she mutters and walks away, "Here's that crate of power generators, AP-5. Have you seen Mako or Orion by chance?" she tells him, "They're just outside the main tent where the base of operation will be." he informs her.