Chapter 21: Twilight of the Apprentice Part 1

The Phantom flew through hyperspace as all the Rebel Jedi were on board. Ahsoka and Orion were on the holo with Rex and Amelia. "Once we drop out of hyperspace, we'll be going dark," Ahsoka informs Rex as Ezra looks back at them. "Are you sure about this?" Rex asks her. "Yes," she answers.

Orion just looks at his wife and smiles at her, making her smile back. "Ahsoka, you don't have to go to Malachor alone. Amelia and I can be there in two rotations." Rex informs her. "Thanks for the offer, Rex. But respectfully, we have to decline." Orion informs him.

Making the two look at him, "We have no idea what we will find there, but there is a chance it will be more dangerous than anything we've faced." Orion informs them, crossing his arms. "And we're not alone, Rex," Ahsoka assures him.

"You know, I could have ordered you to take us along," Rex informs her, making Amelia giggle a little. "You don't exactly outrank me anymore." she retorts, making him place his hands on his hips. "In my book, experience outranks everything," he tells her.

Ahsoka just smiles, "Hmm, then I defiantly outrank you." she laughs, making him smile, "Please be careful, and look after Mako." Amelia asks them, and both looked at her. "Is that an order, my lady?" Orion jokes, making Amelia smirk. "And what will you do if it is?" she questions, placing her hands on her hips. "Well, you know me, I have a very bad habit of not following orders." Orion went on.

Ahsoka just smiles at him, as Amelia just arches her brow, "But for you, my dear. I think I can make an exception." he said, making her smile. "Then please, come back safely. Both of you," she asks. They both nod at her. Rex frowns as he looks at his friends. "May the Force be with you," he said to them.

Ahsoka nods as Orion bows to him, the call ends and the two join the others upfront. "How's mom?" Mako asks, Orion just looks at her. "Worried and scared, where we're going. I would be scared too," he tells her. "And now?" Mako asks, he places his arm on her shoulder, "Terrified, my daughter." he answers.

She nods and looks back ahead, "Me too." she said, he just looks at her and smiles, pulling her in close. "Why is Rex so worried? Uh, what does he know that I don't?" Ezra asks Ahsoka. "Malachor has always been off-limits to Jedi," Kanan informs him. "Why?" Ezra asks him.

Kanan just sighs, "Old legends. Stories told to us as younglings in the Temple." Kanan points out. Orion shot a look over at Ahsoka. "There's always a bit of truth on legends." she points out, looking over at Ezra. "If Malachor is off-limits, why would Master Yoda send us here?" he asks.

"Given how old Master Yoda is, he must have a good reason." Mako points out. Making Ezra look at her, "You know how old he is?" he asks, Mako just shrugs, "Not a clue." she answers. "He's 900-years-old. So he's seen a lot of things." Orion points out.

The two teens blink and look at him, making him look at the teens, "You knew?" Ezra asks, Orion shrugs at him, "Master Yoda told me is age, once." he answers. They drop out of hyperspace, the planet Malachor just in front of them. "I don't know, but I trust Master Yoda. There's something here for us." Kanan informs them. Ezra nods at him, "Yeah, something to help us stop the Inquisitors." Ezra agrees.

Ahsoka looks back to the planet, "Knowledge." she agrees, Mako suddenly shivers as she could feel the Force radiating from the planet. Orion snaps his eyes to her, pressing his hand to her shoulder, "Mako?" he asks, she rubs her arms and looks at him. "I feel... so cold," she mutters. Continuing to rub her arms.

Orion looks back to the planet, holding Mako close as they entered the atmosphere, the clouds were too thick to see there. Then Chopper chatters at them, warning them. "Two ships? What type?" Ezra asks.