Alexia Putellas #4

Y/N's POV

            The final whistle echoes in the stadium and I fall on the ground defeated. I can't believe we've lost this one. Again. I put my shirt over my face to mask my tears and hide my face in my knees. It's not fair... I wanted to win for Leila and Jenni, for Mel and Pere too, and of course for Alexia... I know it's going to be 10 years since her dad died and she wanted to win it all for him... Unfortunately, it won't happen and for some reason I blame myself for that. As if my thoughts were loud enough for everyone to hear them, Ada Hegerberg joins me and helps me get up, hugging me tightly.

"Y/N, don't blame yourself, you played well." She whispers in my ear. "You'll win it soon enough, come on, head high and be proud of your team and your fans. You deserved to be there and to win the final."

"But yet, you beat us again." I sob.

"That's why you need to join us." She chuckles and I shake my head. "It's not the moment to talk about that, I know. Just think about it."

            She winks at me and walks to her teammates. I turn to our fans, and I see them still singing and jumping in the stand. They are unbelievable. I walk to Leila who is crying too. I wrap my arms around her waist, and she pulls me closer.

"I'm sorry we couldn't win for your last game with us in the Champions..." I sigh.

"Don't blame yourself." She kisses my temple. "It's a team defeat."

"Aren't there all?" I chuckle sadly.

"They are." She nods. "Did you talk to Ale already?"

"Nope, she'll need space." I look at my best friend completely devastated.

"She'll need you." Leila states.

"I know." I nod but decide not to go for the moment knowing I won't be strong enough to hold her right now.

"Y/N?" Jenni calls me. "Why don't you go?"

"She needs time, Jenni." I sigh again.

"No, she needs to know she has someone to rely on." Jenni side hugs me. "I can't be that person anymore, you're the only one who can make her feel better."

"Okay..." I give up and walk to Alexia.

            As soon as she sees me walking to her, she looks down and cry. She tries to hide herself, but I know her too well.

"Come here, cariño." I wrap my arms around her, and she collapses in my arms.

"I wanted to win so badly..." She manages to whisper. "For my Dad, for Mel, Pere, Leila, Jenni, maybe you too..."

"Why me?" I chuckle surprised.

"I saw you talking with Ada..." She states. "I know what it means, I'm not stupid."

"Ale..." I try but she doesn't let me speak.

"No, Y/N... I know it's a possibility and I wanted you to win tonight so you'll understand the only place you need to be is here, in Barcelona, with me." She looks down. "But clearly, it's not."

"Don't say that." I stop her and make her look at me. "My place will always be near you, Ale."

            She doesn't answer but hugs me more until we have to move to the trophy ceremony. We go to the medal thing and then, we look at Lyon lifting the trophy.

"Would have been better in our hands, right?" Claudia tells me.

"Sure thing." I sigh and we sit on the grass joined by Leila and Jenni.