Leah Williamson #1

A/N : She always had your back and you decided to make her your wife.

"Y/L/N with the ball! She's going straight to the goal. This might be the winning goal for City." The commentator yells in his mic.

"Oh, but here comes Bright, she has to try something to stop the young prodigy." The woman comments.

This is when time stopped. I remember passing the ball to Ellen so she can score and then, a huge pain. A pain so harsh that you can't really know where it starts.

"It looks bad, really bad for Y/L/N." The man says. "It seems like her leg is broken."

"Bright lost it, honestly it was horrible." The woman adds.

The physio and doctor arrive quickly near me and ask me a million questions. I can hardly breathe, and everything turns to black quickly.

I wake up in the hospital later that day still wondering what could have happened to me. I try to move but a huge cast prevents me from moving my leg. I start panicking a bit, but a soft voice makes me calm immediately.

"Babe don't move like that. You could hurt yourself." Leah, my girlfriend, says.

"What happened?" I try to remember.

"You were on the pitch, playing Chelsea." She softly explains. "Millie tried to stop you, but you were quicker than her, she tackled you and took your leg in the process..."

"Am I going to be back on time for the World Cup?" My eyes water a bit.

"Love..." She takes my hand in hers.

"Tell me, Leah. I have to know." I plead.

"I'm so sorry, I know all you've sacrificed for that moment. I know all you've been through during the year..." I can feel the tears flowing down my cheeks.

"Why me, Leah? Why me? Why did I do for it to happen to me?" I cry.

She spent the night comforting me. After that, it's been months of trying to get back at my best. Leah was there through it all.

She was there to hold me the first time I've tried to walk but miserably failed. She was there when I cried all my tears left when the doctor told me officially, I won't be able to take part in the World Cup. She was there when I first run again, she was my first teammate when I was allowed to play with a ball again, in fact she was there every step of the way and today is the day I'll try to make her understand how much I recognize and appreciate all of what she did for me.

"Are you sure you are ready for it, love?" Leah strokes my hair gently while we're laying on our bed.

"I'm positive, babe. I'm ready. I've trained with Dawn for the last past month and she said I'm back at my best." I smile at her worried state.

"You haven't train with a team since your injury, I just want to be sure it's not going to be too much for a fresh start." She explains.

"I'll be okay, trust me." I kiss her sweetly and she smiles.

"I'm proud of you, Y/N." She whispers in the kiss.

"I love you." I whisper back.

A couple hours later, we are playing with the Lionesses. It's a 11 vs 11 and I'm playing on the right wing with Lucy behind me. I've agreed with all the staff and teammates to make a surprise to Leah. So, during a sprint on my wing, Alex Greenwood, who I'm very close with, tackles me gently but I fake to feel a harsh pain in my leg again. Everyone fakes being worried making Leah run to me faster than she could possibly think. The physio asks her to wait a bit and kneels down next to me, giving me the ring I bought for my girlfriend.

"Doc, is she okay?" Leah asks full of concern. "Doc, tell me for God's sake."

I chuckle at her and kneel in front of her. She looks at me not understanding a thing, and then her eyes opens slightly when she understands.

"Oh my god, Y/N. What are you doing?"

"My love, you've been next to me through the hardest moments of my life. I can't count the tears you've dried during the last months anymore. You are the most amazing, careful, beautiful woman I know. I'm so lucky to be able to call you mine. If I'm back here today it's thanks to you, no one else but you. You've been my rock, my everything for a little more for 3 years now. So, I was wondering if you could make me the happiest woman in the world by saying yes at this very important question." She is crying hard by now, but I still can see a smile behind her tears making me feel more confident about what I'm about to ask. "Leah Cathrine Williamson, will you marry me?"

"Yes, a million time yes. I love you so much Y/N." She makes me stand and kisses me passionately.

All the girls cheer, and we end the training on this. We celebrate it as we should during camp and for the last game of it, Phil decides to make me start the game. My first minutes under the English shirt since my injury.

We are playing against Canada and my very good friend, Janine, made sure to ask her teammates not to be too gentle with me. Obviously, everyone knows I've been through a huge injury and it seems like my opponents don't come too harsh on me since then.

At the 54th minute, Beth crosses the ball in the penalty area, Ellen can't have it but I'm right behind sending the ball in the net making the crowd roar. I run to the bench, straight to my girlfriend who is yelling and crying like a crazy bitch. I hug her so hard; I think she could have died after that. All my friends congratulate me, and Phil decides to sub me off seeing it's getting hard physically for me. I walk off the pitch, the fans making a standing ovation for me which makes me tear up a bit. I sit next to Leah and hug her gently this time.

"I'm so proud of you, wifey." She smirks.

"It's all thanks to you, love of my life." I smirk back and she kisses my temple.

"Can't wait to celebrate more years with you."

"Trust me, I can't wait either."