Alexia Putellas #2 (PART 2)

Alexia's POV

Turin here we go. The final is today and I'm so ready to win against Lyon. I'm also really ready to meet our referee again as she has been named for this game. Y/N Y/LN. I've been thinking about the girl ever since we've played Madrid. We had exchanged numbers after the game and we're talking from time to time. I could understand she has been cautious, seeing she wouldn't have been named if anyone knew about us flirting. But she had me frustrated.

As we warm up, I can help to look at her getting ready, she has her hair in a ponytail, and she looks even more beautiful than before as she has tanned up a bit. Her beautiful blue eyes meet mine and I feel my heart skip a beat.

"Captains." Y/N calls me and Wendie Renard. "It's a pleasure to be here."

"Same wise, Y/N." Wendie chuckles and hugs the girl. "You deserve to be here as much as we do."

"Well, thank you for that." Y/N smiles and winks at the Lyon's captain.

"She's right, best referee we had this year." I compliment her and she blushes nodding with a smile.

"Since we all deserve to be here very much, I think we can agree on this." Y/N starts. "Today is all about football. It must be a huge party, not a war."

"No fight, no heated comments." Wendie completes. "We know the drill."

"You do, indeed." Y/N chuckles. "Warn your teammates, it'll be more fun this way."

"Sure thing." I nod and we all shake hands.

"Have a good game." Y/N tells us.

            After that, we go back to the locker room and get ready. Once we enter the stadium, we hear a loud cheer and I smile widely. I look over to Y/N and I see her shiver slightly. I smile knowing what being here means for her. From the talks we had, it showed she is desperately in love with the game, her entire life is evolving around football, which I can understand way too much.

During the toss, I try not to make eye contact with Y/N, so I won't get out of my game. But after she sends the coin in the air, I pick it up for her, as I usually do. When I give it back to her, our hands touch and I feel the electricity between us. She looks at me weirdly and time seems to freeze.

"You've got the ball." Y/N turns to Wendie and smiles. "Which side do you want?"

"We'll stay like that." I nod and she smiles.

"Have fun, captains." She says and we check hands with her and her assistants.

"You've got it bad." Wendie smirks while checking my hand. "She is single. Go for it."

"What?" I blush slightly.

"Y/N." Wendie nods towards the referee. "She is single, go for it."

            I look at her and she winks at me. I gulp hard and refocus. We need to win this game. I'll think about my referee later.
The game is harder than we thought. Lyon are really good, and we are too. One thing leading to another, we are at the 89th minute and Lyon goes for the counter. Leila sprints back and puts Hegerberg on the floor just before the penalty area. Y/N whistles and calmly walks to our left back. All the Lyon's girl run to Y/N asking for the red card.

"Back up." Y/N states firmly.

"Come on, ref." Wendie comes in front. "Girls, let go, I've got it."

"She was not the last defender." I try to defend Leila.

"She was." Wendie chuckles. "Ada would have scored on this one."

"Enough." Y/N says calmly. "Sorry, captain, it'll be a red."

            I look down but I know it's the right decision. We all look at Leila getting sent off and I stay near Y/N.

"Was that necessary?" I wonder.

"Sorry, law is the law. She was the last defender. It was a goal opportunity right after. It can't be anything else than a red card..." Y/N puts her hand on my shoulder. "Please, go back to your team."

            I nod knowing she is right. I just hope it won't cost us the win... Macario puts the ball and gets ready to hit the ball. Y/N whistles and I watch the ball flying right to the top corner of the goal. Sandra tries to save it but is a bit too short. The Lyon girls celebrate, and we all look down.

            The end of the game doesn't go our way and we end up losing 1-0. I try to stay strong, going to my teammates and making them stand up. But once I reach Y/N, she checks my hand and brings me closer to her.

"I know it must be hard right now and I'm sorry it had to be that way." She whispers in my ear.

"We'll do better next year." I answer but feel the urge to, at least, have a good thing coming out of today's game. "Would you make it a better day?"

"What do you mean?" Y/N chuckles.

"Go on a date with me, tonight." I try and she smiles.

"I would love that." She winks at me. "We are staying in the same hotel, just send me a text whenever you're ready."

"Will do." I nod and walk back to my teammates.

"At least, someone will be happy tonight." Jenni smiles and side hugs me. "I'm glad you listened to me."