And he did.

All Might's blue eyes widened in horror as he watched the child crumble to the ground in a lightless, lifeless heap. In the distance, he could hear Young Bakugou's enraged and concerned screams in regards to his robotic friend.

It made the harsh reality heroes faced very clear.

He could not save everyone, no matter how much he wanted to.

In his daze, All For One managed to get his successor away from the battle as well by forcefully activating Kurogiri's quirk. Now it was just him and his sworn enemy.

With a hardened will to fight, both engaged with each other once again. And the scene was displayed for everyone to see on every screen available.

Everyone watched as All Might struggled against the villain boss. They watched as his form deflated until he was but a skeleton of what he once was, his true form.

Bakugou watched this, too. He had the same emotions, no, even more so than everyone else watching it. Was this his fault? He could not help but think that way.

It was these thoughts and one other that invaded his mind.

'This unit... is sorry, hum...'

His eyes searched the screen almost desperately for any sight of him in that chaos.

'Fulfilling... Protocol One, hum...'

And when the battle was over, when All Might was finally able to land the final blow, he found him.

"No...!"

Everything he'd hoped not to find, he did.

He didn't give a damn about Deku crying when he should have been cheering, he couldn't care less about what he figured that could have meant. He found himself running, even using his explosions to go faster. The pain in his arms be damned!

"Tin Can...!"

He had to get back there.

═════════•°• ⚠ •°•═════════

The authorities took All For One and the other villains that didn't escape into custody. With the danger gone, All Might was now free to search for that young man. But the entire area was a mess, broken buildings collapsed everywhere, and debris as far as the eye could see. Rescue efforts had begun, and the retiring hero had one thought cross his mind.

'Where are you, young man...!'

All Might knew that he was most likely too late, he dreaded the thought with every fiber of his being.

With his strength completely gone, with One For All completely gone, he wasn't strong enough to lift the larger pieces of rubble. Many of the paramedics and heroes that had arrived on the scene helped as well, trying to coax the old hero to rest.

But he couldn't, not until he found that child.

"I-I found someone!" One of them called. All Might turned his head frantically, finding many of the paramedics lifting some rubble. When he stumbled towards them, he saw that they had found the young man.

When All Might saw him, really saw him, he could not hold back his grimace.

"I can't perform compressions, sir! His quirk is preventing any of the emergency measures from working!" One of them called. There was a whole team working on him, his body laid out on a tarp on the ground.

The young man's ash gray armor was splattered with a blue substance. They realized it was his blood when they saw it seep from his many wounds. And, oh god, his wounds...!