[Spell]

{Thunder Runner: Summon a beam made of lightning from the tip of your finger} {Can be used 5 times per day cycle}

{Berserk Blow: A powerful lightning bolt appeared from above and struck your enemy} {Can be used 3 times per day cycle}

When my rune reaches level forty, I get another spell I can use. I manage to level up these runes to this level in a matter of three days. I only stop my training when I'm sleeping.

Not only my rune skill but my swordsmanship skill also increased.

|Swordsmanship (Beginner)| |Level: 51|

My sword skill did not increase as fast as my rune skill, but it increased nonetheless. I start to feel like the sword is part of me and start to move more fluidly. I wonder what will happen when my skills get upgraded from beginner.

Will I get a sword style? Or will I get something else?

I shake my head and take my sword from the ground before walking toward the headless dummy once again.

"You know, you should take a rest."

I look back and see the captain of the barrack.

"Captain!"

"Heh. You did not need to salute me. You are not a soldier, Jacob. Anyway, you should take some rest. Your muscles need some rest, and you have been training for the past three days."

"No. I can't rest just yet. I still need to get stronger."

I can see him looking at me with an unreadable face for a few seconds before he suddenly says.

"Haaaa. I hear you want to join the Sacred Games?"

I look at him with a shocked face.

"What with that face? It is not like you are hiding it. You immediately come here after the registration handler told you that you can train in the barrack as long as you pay us."

"Ah, I see. Yeah. I want to join the Sacred Games."

"Can I ask why? Why do you want to join the Sacred Games?"

I look at him for a few seconds before looking down. What should I say? Tell him that a powerful being asked me to help him in exchange for a second chance? No... I need to say something else.

"I want to create a better future."

"Better future? Is the current us not enough for you?"

"The Queen is a great woman. Bless her for her great work, but... there is something I want to change... My homeland is destroyed, and I want to change that. I will not ask her majesty to forget about all of our faults. I only want for her to give us a second chance."

I can see the captain look at me for a few seconds and then smile. It was a small smile but genuine.

"I see. Then let me tell you something."

"Hmmm? What is it?"

"You need to go to the palace in ten days from now on and tell the royal knights to join the Elimination Fight. Many people were eliminated because they did not know there was an elimination stage before the main event."

"I see. Thank you, I'm very grateful for this information."

"Heh. Don't thank me just yet. You still need to fight many people before you can get into Sacred Games. Only three people can get into the Sacred Games from your branch. The noble can get into the Sacred Games whenever they want, but us, a commoner? We need to fight to get into the tournament. Anyway, win the tournament and make sure Lordlake is forgiven and can see another day."

Lordlake? Oh! It was the town that the Queen destroyed because they rebelled. I was completely bullshiting my way there.

I snap from my thoughts when I see the system appear in front of me.

|Chain Quest!|

|You finally know there is an elimination fight between the commoners. You cannot get into the Sacred Games without winning the elimination stage. Win the elimination stage and get into the main tournament.|

{Reward: Cyclone Rune}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can read ahead of time by visiting here:

Pa(t)reon.com/luxvondeux

Or if you want to give me some coffee.

Paypal.me/luxvondeux

Ko-fi.com/luxvondeux