Prohibited Books Department

The noise of the alarm clock woke me up. I jumped out of bed and quickly turned it off. It was exactly 3 am. I stretched, washed my face with cold water and quietly slipped out of the room, carefully closing the door behind me. I knew that what I was going to do was forbidden, but I was irritated by the lack of my knowledge about what was going on. First, I thought about waking Gaby and going together, but I figured I didn't want to put her at risk and it would be easier alone.
It was cold and dark in the corridors.
I had to light my way with the Lumos spell in order not to hit one of the walls or fall down some stairs. Fortunately, the library was not far from my room so I was there after a while.
Before entering, I looked to see if there was anyone around. It was completely silent, so silent that I could hear my heartbeat and my rapid breathing.
I went to the gate, hoping that the alohomora spell would work on this lock. Surprisingly, it worked and the door creaked slightly. It was the first time I was in the forbidden books department although I've always been curious about it.
There were a lot of dusty books that looked like no one had used them in years, some were tied with chains and some were padlocked. They were in alphabetical order, I stopped at the letter D and began carefully slowly skimming through the books for information on the Dementors. Irritated, I couldn't find anything I was looking for. After a while I noticed that one book was missing. There was one empty space on the bookshelf and I was sure that the shelves were full as I passed which would mean that ... I was not alone here ...
I nervously started looking around, suddenly something or someone knocked out my wand. I didn't know whether to scream or be better silent. I started to back up towards the exit and it wasn't like looking for a wand now it was completely dark.
I could hear someone's deep breath now, but I couldn't locate the figure. After a while, I felt the door with which I was entering, I wanted to open it but it was closed and I lost my wand. I realized that someone was playing with me. Suddenly I heard a sound as if a book had fallen. I followed the sound and suddenly felt someone pull my hood. I wanted to scream but someone covered my mouth. I started struggling with all my strength. I had no idea who it was, in my head, a million possibilities where running on my mind. Suddenly the figure moved closer and I felt the familiar scent of fiery whiskey mixed with hot pepper and mint. I heard a familiar voice saying the spell
- "Lumos Maxima"
Then I knew who it was and I didn't know if I should be relieved or the other way around. She took off her hood and smirked.
-Nyx, what a surprise. Do you like reading at night? Were you looking for this?
Bellatrix started waving the book in front of my eyes, I tried to take it from her but she hid it behind her back.
- Not so fast, my little one.
She laughed tauntingly
- I don't belong to anyone and I'm definitely not small!
- Oh talking back are we? Look at you all tough. I can tell you even look hot like that.
I got confused. I completely did not understand this woman, once she hugs me, once she crashes me through the door. That's so annoying.
-Did it hurt so much to be thrown out the door baby ?!
She pouted.
I huffed at her and rolled my eyes.
-I know I'm not like everyone else, but that's why you're so crazy about me.
She laughed looking straight at me.
-What now? You will lead me to the principal to kick me out of school?
- Oh, you don't know me yet, I'm not that predictable.
She grabbed my face and pulled me closer. I was now leaning against the wall.We looked deeply into each other's eyes. This woman is completely crazy ... - Yes, I am but you don't mind, it turns you on.
-Please let me go it is not funny.
I asked.
Surprisingly, Bellatrix moved away and I was able to leave, but I turned back. -Please return my wand, I will not be able to go to the exit otherwise, not even talking about going back to my room. -Well then you are forced to play my game with me, I have an advantage over you. I have something that's yours. If you win, I will give it back and if you lose? What can you give me, hmm?
I did not answer.
-However, if I win, you will do exactly what I ask you to do.
I had no way to disagree, if I had disagreed, she would have reported on me. I sighed and nodded my head. It was the middle of the night and I didn't have the strength for any games but on the other hand I had the motivation to win. -What do I do?
I asked irritated.
-First, change your attitude for sure. Your job is to hide here. You have a minute. I close my eyes and wait a minute then look for you. If I find you in half a minute, you loose.
-I know you'll use a tracing spell.
I added irritated.
- Oh honey, that would be too simple and too boring. I will look for you relying only on my mind and senses.
She turned her back, covered her eyes with her hands and started to count down from 60.
My task was much more difficult not seeing my best. I tried to walk carefully and not trip over anything so as not to make any noise that might reveal my position. To deceive myself, I threw the book on the opposite side of the library. This way I bought myself some time.
I heard the countdown softer and quieter, which meant that I was moving away. Suddenly the counting stopped completely. At the last moment, I slipped quietly under a desk or table, I wasn't sure because I couldn't see anything.
I tried not to breathe too loudly. From a distance I could hear footsteps coming closer and further away. After a while I heard
- Very clever girl, my dear Nyx. She clapped her hands.
I was counting down to 30 in my head.
I stopped at 10 when I heard a loud scream from the teacher calling for help and some strange noises. I didn't know if it was a trap or something was happening. I naively got up quickly and ran towards the scream, but I couldn't see anyone. Unexpectedly, I felt a cold hand on the back of my neck and a low voice.
- You lost Nyx.
-Fuck!
I cursed under my breath.
- It's not fair! It was a trap!
I yelled
- And what you did wasn't? You tried to confuse me, you should know by now that I can't be fooled that easily.
But it was lovely how quickly you came running in fear that something had happened to me.
However, I was not lying or cheating.
I didn't use magic just my mind ...
Helpless, I asked what she wished for.
- Hmm, I had already decided what you would do for me, but since you were such a cutie, coming here, making my win easier for me, I will be nicer.
She grabbed my wrist and pushed me against the wall. I heard the sound of the blade and saw her draw a dagger strapped to her dress.
- You've probably already met my favorite toy, haven't you?
I ignored that rhetorical question.
- That's for breaking in here at night and the harsh words you used to say to me. She cut my lip with a quick movement.
I shuddered slightly and tasted the metallic taste of blood in my mouth.
- Oh, it wasn't that bad, huh? Now the nicer part ...
She came closer to me and kissed me passionately. The kiss lasted quite a long time. My brain turned to total mush and I didn't know what was going on. After a while, Bellatrix pulled away to catch her breath.
- Hmm, it wasn't that bad what do you think Nyx?
Still shaken, I shook my head.
- I guess it's time to go back to bed, isn't it dearie?
Before I could answer, she started to choke me until my eyes went dark and I fell asleep.
The next thing I remember is waking up in my bed dressed in pajamas and braided hair.
I got up abruptly and almost convinced myself that this was a dream and my head was playing tricks on me again.
I found that I had probably turned off the alarm clock, changed into my pajamas, braided my hair and fell back to bed, tired. Almost convinced, I got up but saw that my wand was nowhere to be found and on the nightstand there was the book about the dementors that I was looking for that night ...

 Almost convinced, I got up but saw that my wand was nowhere to be found and on the nightstand there was the book about the dementors that I was looking for that night