And what now?

I slept like a dead man all night. The hut was very cozy and had a warm atmosphere. After I woke up, everything hurt. I had to lie in the wrong position, my neck hurt, my legs ached and my hands were all numb. I got up, stretched myself and began to wonder what to do next. So much had happened in the last few days that I couldn't think straight, emotions took over. I couldn't help it anymore, in this school I became a magnet for trouble. Maybe someone cursed me, maybe it's some spell?
Or just me explaining all my mistakes with magic ... We will never know.
All my previous years of education passed without any bigger problems.
In the last year, when I almost finished my studies, everything started to fall apart. I love Hogwarts as a new school, but I can't find myself there. My friends in Durmstrang warned me about this, but I thought they were only scaring me. I will never be one of them, you can see from afar that I am "the new one".
On top of that, that unlucky Miss Lestrange, whose intentions cannot be read.
To wake up I went to the shower.
I wish these drops of water running down my body would wash away all my problems. If only I could go back in time, I would do many things differently.
I wonder if anyone other than Gaby found out I'm gone. I bet Mrs. Bellatrix already knows. Mainly because of her I put the protection spells on the hut.
I know she could detect them, but I did everything in my power not to let anyone find me here. After all, if someone runs away, they probably don't want to be found. I know I can't stay here forever.
I don't have as much food or drink with me, I can't leave my parents like that, or Gaby who would probably be worried.
I struggled over the solution for a good few more hours. During this time, I got dressed, went for a walk in search of some edible berries, collected firewood and made myself food. I sat down on the couch again and found that I was acting like a coward hiding in the woods. I was ashamed of myself, I was mad at the teacher, in a word I felt terrible. I found that I had to get my hands on myself and finally do something. I hate inactivity, it drives me crazy. I decided that I would return to Hogwarts.
I would write a letter to my parents, I would go to the headmaster and try to explain the problem to him. I don't want to go back to class, I will ask my parents to study at home. I will only come to school for exams. I know my parents don't have time to teach me but we have enough money to hire a tutor - that was my plan.
I decided that I could not do something on impulse again because so far it was only harmful to me. I made the decision that I would stay a few more days for everything to calm down on my head.

The days passed slowly, each looked the same. I would get up, get dressed, read old books arranged artfully on the shelves, go for a walk in the forest for food and firewood, strengthen protective spells, make food, light the fireplace, light candles and think about myself. It's been almost a week since my arrival.
More time has passed than I planned, but I still didn't feel like or have the strength to come back. It was killing me to think that by delaying my return I was making the whole thing even more difficult.
One evening after lighting the fireplace, as usual, I sat on the couch and read a book (this time about dark magic).
It seemed really old, its previous owner had left a lot of notes and characters unknown to me. I read and lost touch with reality. Suddenly I heard the sound of claws scratching at the door. For a moment I got scared and froze, but then I realized it was probably Gaby. I ran to the door and told her to speak up.
It could of been something that was only impersonating her. I know in theese woods there are such creatures. I had to be carefull. After a while, however, I heard her slightly hoarse voice.
I immediately welcomed her and invited her inside. Only she could find me, I wore a special necklace from her that showed where I was. I missed her, I haven't seen anyone for almost a week. We sat down at the table and she started telling me what was happening at Hogwarts. Apparently, Gaby told Mrs. Lestrange that I felt bad and assured her that everything was okey, but Bellatrix realized on the third day that there was something wrong and ran out of the class very nervous and reportedly went to the headmaster.
My guess is that he must have already sent a message to my parents ...
Gaby also told me that Freya was not returning for the day. She claimed to see she still flew with that other black owl. We were laughing that Freya fell in love and had a partner, that's why she was't here all the time. I also asked her if she sensed any strange behavior among the teachers regarding the coming war. Gaby stated that the headmaster had been quite nervous lately and even the teachers knew not to get in his way.
-You know this is about to start, you should be at school by then. You would be safe there.
Gaby said with concern.
I took a deep breath and told her my whole plan. I didn't care about safety, if war were to break out, I wanted to be with my parents.
Gaby wasn't quite sure it was a good idea, but she knew she wouldn't be able to convince me. She wanted me to come back with her this evening. I was not prepared for this, neither mentally nor physically. I would have to pack everything up, clean up, take my spells off and do a lot of other things.
It turned out that she was a stubborn person and she promised not to leave without me. She spent that night with me in the hut. She helped me pack and clean up. We looked through old books until late, it seemed as if she knew whose they were, but she wouldn't tell me. Much later, we talked and went to get ready for bed.
Gaby used a special potion so that she would not turn into a wolf that evening. It was an expensive elixir and she used it only in emergencies.
Of course, the potion's effect faded after a few hours, and Gaby went to bed as a werewolf. She had such a soft fur ... I knew that she would not hurt me, so I hugged her and we fell asleep together.
During the night I had strange dreams again. I was fully aware of them. I found myself in some strange dark room again. I hid in the wardrobe so as not to be seen. I noticed Bellatrix screaming at some two men. They were begging her and apologized deeply . She was in a fury and used the crucio spell on them. I saw them howl in pain, writhing on the cold floor. I wanted to run out and help them but what could I do it was just a dream, right?
I didn't recognize these two men. After the torture was over, they ran away like wounded tiny lambs. I wished to wake up already. Remembering the last dream, I found that I had to pay attention to myself to wake up. I banged my elbow on the wardrobe and opened the door slightly to see what was happening. Then I noticed the second figure standing by the door. Was it Professor Snape? Bellatrix heard a sound from my hiding place and walked briskly to the wardrobe. Only through a crack I saw her black eyes and red lipstick smeared into a mocking smile. She put a finger to her lips to let me know to be quiet, then she laughed out loud and I woke up.
I got shivers all over my body and I felt so tensed I couldn't bare with it. I quickly stood up and shook of. That was such a weird feeling. I felt like I wasnt moving for ages, like I had awoken from being dead or at least sleeping 100 years. The next thing I noticed was that Gaby wasnt there any more. For a second I thought that she left to Hogwart's but then I heard her voice.
- Do you like pancakes Nyx?
She asked nicely.
Ofcourse I said yes, there are my favorite dish. I streched myself a bit and walked up to her, hugging her from behind.
It smelled great. After a while the pancakes were ready and we sat down together at the table. The breakfast was delicious. This seemingly difficult day started quite nicely. During the meal, I told Gaby about my last dream. She also thought it was really strange but she said it was probably because od how stressed I was.
After breakfast, we finished tidying up the hut and it was time to go back.
I still had a lot of doubts about going to Hogwarts and was trying to change my plan and stay a little longer, but Gaby was adamant.
I decided to pull myself together and stop whining. Before leaving, I took off all my wards and we were on our way. We left at around 9 am. On the way, we talked, I showed and described the magical animals we encountered in the forest.
I decided to pull myself together and stop whining. Before leaving, I took off all my wards and we were on our way. We left at around 9 am. On the way, we talked, showed and described the magical animals we encountered in the forest. We saw a Jarvey who only for a moment left the ground and started throwing ugly words in our direction. This creature resembles an heavily overgrown ferret, it is not rather dangerous and it can talk but you can't have any longer conversations with it, because it only speaks single words or simple sentences (usually it is quite rude). The rest of the way we laughed at this creature, and especially at its thin, pissed-off voice cursing at us.
After about 4 hours of brisk walking, we arrived. We were already standing at the threshold of a huge castle, then reality hit me like a brick. I started to get really nervous.
-Gaby, I'm not sure if it's a good idea, I've already attracted too much attention to myself.
I said in a worried voice
- Oh shut up, take my hand and let's go already!
Gaby screamed at in annoyed voice but the she parted me on a sholder and nodded her head to let me know to move.
I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath.
I entered the school ... I didn't want to be here. I pulled the hood over my head and walked tilted so that no one would recognize me. I prefer to avoid questions
like:
- OMG where were you?!
- Is everything alright?
- What happened!
- What took you so long?
- Why did you ran away?
- We were worried you know?!
- I bet we could help you earlier if you just asked, you know?
Everyone was still in class so there were no crowds in the corridors. Still I was squeezing Gaby's hand under stress as she tried to withstand my tight grip despite the pain she was feeling.
We walked past the Defense Against the Dark Arts room. I flinched at the sound of a teacher screaming in the classroom. We quickened our pace, not wanting to be noticed. Suddenly we heard footsteps and the door burst open. At the last moment, Gaby pushed me by a pillar to hide me. As I was afraid, Lestrange heard our hurried steps. Seeing Gaby, she walked over to her and pissed off, she asked why she wasn't in class. Gaby didn't know what to say and started to stutter. At the last minute I got a brilliant idea. I quickly used the transmutation spell and turned into the cat that Gaby had. His name was Wolfie, he was a red-spotted black cat with large black eyes. Changed, I left behind the pillar. Gaby understood my plan immediately and started explaining to the teacher.
-You see, Mrs. Lestrange, my cat today drank my speed potion for the upcoming competition and it escaped me. I've been chasing him through the corridors for 3 hours. Fortunately, the Eliskir seems to have weakened by now.
An embarrassed Gaby smiled slightly at the teacher who raised one eyebrow, looking from me to Gaby. Lestrange snorted loudly and returned to the classroom slamming the door behind her.
We both breathed a sigh of relief. For the sake of ignorance, I remained a cat until the end of our journey. I couldn't believe Bellatrix had fallen for such a cheap trick. After a few minutes of walking through endless corridors, we reached the director's office.
I quickly returned to my character and hesitated if it was a good idea. Annoyed, Gaby pushed me through and knocked on her own. After a while we heard the headmaster's voice
- Come in.
I felt a lump in my throat, unable to swallow. I grabbed the handle and carefully opened the door as I walked in, my friend followed me.
- I am sorry to disturb you profesor...
- You are not disturbing me Nyx.
Then he turned to Gaby and said laughing
- Well, you brought the doom, Miss Dawn.
Then he turned back to me. He was surprisingly not mad as I expected.
- Nyx, you had quite a good hiding spot. No one could find you, not even the teachers.
He joked.
I fake smiled still full of stress.
- Miss Dawn, please come back to class and I'll talk to Nyx in peace.
Gaby wanted to protest but could not disagree with the professor. Goodbye, she showed that she was keeping her fingers crossed for me.
I was left alone with Dumbledore.
He went back to his desk and told me to sit in front of him. He offered me Licorice Snap. I helped myself and regretted it immediately, they were damn spicy but I managed.
Later there was a long conversation with Dumbledore. I don't know exactly how long it lasted, but probably a few hours. I found it because the lessons were over and Dumbledor said that I can go to eat some lunch.
I thanked for the sensible conversation and left the office still nervous. I quickly went to the main room, hoping that I would meet Gaby there and tell her everything. The professor allowed me to sit with her at one table even though she was from another house. On the way, I met a group of my friends from Slytherin. They wanted to talk to me, but as soon as I noticed them, I pulled the hood over my head and quickened my pace, letting them understand that I didn't feel like talking right now. They luckily understood.
On the one hand, I was glad that I came back and I can see my friends and I can be here, on the other hand, I was terribly ashamed of what if more people know about my mishap with Mrs. Bellatrix.
I didn't want to know the answer, I didn't want to come across her just as much.
I quickly walked over to the Gryffindor table where Gaby was waiting impatiently.
- So what was it, what did you find out, was he angry, how was the conversation going? Do not keep me in suspense, I sat in class just thinking about what is happening with you. Once Snape noticed my reverie and I got hit by a book so you'd better get tight and tell your story.
Gaby was so excited she didn't let me say a word. She tugged on my sleeve to sit me down. I told her exactly what happened during the talk. I explained to her that the headmaster was not furious but very worried. Of course, I didn't tell him what exactly happened during the incident with the teacher, but I thought he knew exactly what was going on. I told him about my plan but he wasn't convinced but left it to me. He said that it would be a pity for me to leave this school once I have implemented all the rules and that it was my last year. He was kind of right. I promised to think it over and I suggested that I no longer need anyone to take care of me or if there is no such possibility, I am asking for a change. He nodded but asked me to talk to Mrs. Lestrange and asked her to do so herself. Sure, I was not satisfied with this idea and tried to talk him out of it, but in the end it was the headmaster and I had no way to convince him. Seeing my worry, he put a hand on my shoulder and said:
-Dear Nyx, I know that life can be hard, but only by fighting our own problems alone, we gain experience and inner strength. The physical one you already have now it is time for the other one.
I have to admit in giving motivational speeches Dumbledor rocks. I also asked him if it was possible to change the house. I explained my reasons and gave the arguments, but the headmaster only smiled slightly and said that in a few weeks I will understand that my place is in slytherin. However, he promised that if I didn't change my opinion within 6 weeks, he would let me change house to Gryffindor. He informed me that he would withdraw the message he sent to my parents so as not to worry them. He knew who they were by profession and how much they had to do. I am eternally grateful to him for this because they do not need any more problems. Fortunately, Dumbledor was not a nosy person and did not ask questions about unnecessary details of my absence. When I was leaving, the last thing he told me is that I can always come to him if I have such a need.
Gaby was not happy with my talk with Dumbledor because he wouldn't let me change my house, but I convinced her that the fact that we are in different houses does not change anything.
The dinner was delicious, surprisingly no one bothered me, only Selina was laughing to herself, but it's nothing extraordinary. I tried not to look at the staff table so as not to meet Lestrange's eyes. She was definitely sitting there somewhere and she knew I was here. Maybe she's not so mad at me anymore ...? I totally don't know how to start talking to her. Gaby pulled me out of my reverie and I told her what I was worried about. She promised that she would come with me to the talk and that maybe the conversation would be smoother. We got supper and, well fed, we went to my room. I started writing a letter to my parents asking for me to study at home. I had to write it in that way to not make them think something bad had happened. I wrote that it would be more convenient for me to focus only on learning if I wanted to pass my final exams well. I put the letter in the envelope, called Freya, who immediately flew through the window, followed by a large black owl. I gave Freya's letter and she flew out the window with a flutter of wings. The black owl, on the other hand, was staring at me blankly. I didn't know what to do with her so I gave her some food and water. After a short while the owl flew away and sat down on the tree in front of my window still looking at me weirdly. The evening was exhausting enough so I said goodbye to Gaby, promising her that we would meet up tomorrow before class and talk to Miss Lestrange. I sat up in bed and began to imagine what my conversation tomorrow should be like. I figured out exactly what I wanted to tell her in my head so I wouldn't have to improvise.
I learned this monologue by heart as if it were a poem. Feeling more prepared for tomorrow, I went to take a shower and washed my hair. It was still pretty early, but I wanted to get enough sleep and be sure that I would wake up on time. Before going to bed, I read book about magical creatures to ease my mind. Within a few moments, I fell asleep with a book in my hand. For a moment more, hearing the hooting of a black owl that still sat on a nearby tree.

 For a moment more, hearing the hooting of a black owl that still sat on a nearby tree