"Clear my schedule tomorrow evening and inform Lady Aria to arrive." The two ladies-in-waiting nodded and did the last finishing touches of her hairdo.

***

"Greetings Your Majesty, it's been a while since we've last met." Aria curtsied as soon as she entered the Empress' bedchamber.

"Indeed it is. Lady Aria, I presume you want to confirm the validity of the rumor you heard?" She asked with a knowing look, making Aria lightheartedly chuckle at how Navier saw right through her.

"That is half true, but what I truly wish is to spend the evening with my dear friend." She admitted, taking a seat in front of Navier as the ladies-in-waiting served them desserts of their liking.

"How is your trip to the Southern Empire?"

"Spectacular, the sunset view from the beach is one that I will always remember. You should visit it someday when you have the time." Aria answered with a delighted smile, reminiscing of her time on the foreign land.

"I shall keep that in mind." Navier replied as a smile reached her face, ecstatic at the presence of her close friend that just arrived a few days ago.

The young lady's vacation had lasted several months. Her hair had grown much more longer than the last time they have met, one of the signs of her long absence.

"Speaking of which, I brought chamomile tea with me. Its main ingredient, well, chamomile, are specially farmed on Avonlea which gives it a much more greater taste than the ones harvested from other fields. It tastes especially sweet." Aria described, beckoning one of her ladies-in-waiting to show the souvenir she brought for the Empress.

"Thank you, Lady Aria. I can truly see that you enjoyed the entirety of your vacation." Navier pointed out, taking note of the much more lively aura that surrounded the young lady ever since she arrived from her trip.

She signaled Ophelia to prepare the tea she came with as they continued conversing. After hours had passed, the sun had finally set and the moon appeared to replace its empty spot along with many shimmering stars that covered the dark sky. The two women finally decided to retire for the night, with a promise from Lady Aria who will visit her once again in a few days.

***

The sight of the various flowers planted around the garden made Aria's smile widen as she continued to admire them. Her and Navier were strolling through the pathway having a nice conversation about the upcoming New Year's Ceremony when their peaceful walk was suddenly disrupted.

"Is that her?" A woman with long ivory locks asked, making the pair look around at what the ruckus was about.

"Shh! No, Lady Rashta!" The servant hushed but the young girl did not listen, attempting to approach them only to fall from her wheelchair. Still, the girl remain just as eager to talk with the two nobles.

"Oh! Hello!" She greeted them innocently.

Navier looked in mild confusion whilst Aria's expression remained indifferent. Just from her demeanor, Aria can tell that the girl had no prestigious status of the sorts. After a moment, they decided to continue walking the other way till a voice shouted.

"Oh! H-hey!"

'She's the Empress of the Eastern Empire and yet this mere commoner, speaks so casually as if she is close to her?' Aria thought as she frowned at the girl, disapproving for her lack of manner.

"We should just leave."

"You mustn't, Lady Rashta."

The two servants that were assisting her said in hushed tones, alarmed at the presence of the Empress and Lady, both whom held a higher status compared to the girl they are in charge of taking care of.