18 - Maniac

Megumi and Yuji were exiting the hotel. Once they were outside, Megumi didn't let go of Yuji's hand. Suddenly, Megumi felt that Yuji was slowing down. "Yuji? Are you okay?" Yuji was staring at the clouds, and Megumi started looking at them. "Megumi, doesn't it look like a dog?" Megumi smiled a bit, "Yeah, it does."

Megumi was looking at many people passing by and got worried. "Yuji, I'm sorry, but we gotta go home." Yuji didn't understand at all. "I don't get this. Megumi, why are you trying to hide me?" Megumi kept looking forward and walking. "I already said 893 might be dangerous."

Once they were home, Yuji kept asking questions. "Why are you hiding me and putting yourself at risk? I can do this myself." Yuji kept talking about those same main topics and got Megumi upset.

"Yuji! I know you have the ability to do this all by yourself, but I can't let you go alone. I'm only doing this because I love you, and I don't want you dead! If I didn't care about you, I would've already let you go." Yuji stood there speechless. He wasn't aware of how open Megumi was.

Yuji hugged Megumi. "I love you too. That's also why I don't want you at risk. I want you alive, even if I'm dead." Megumi couldn't bear the thought of living without Yuji. Megumi rested his head on Yuji's shoulder and didn't want to let go of the hug. "I love you too, Yuji." Megumi kissed Yuji's cheek.

Megumi let go of the hug even if he didn't want to. "I'll go make breakfast." Yuji nodded. Yuji went to their room and let himself fall onto the bed. I love Megumi too much for him to be risking his life for mine. A couple of minutes later, Megumi called for Yuji, notifying him that breakfast was ready.

Yuji and Megumi were eating breakfast together. Megumi then asked a question Yuji could probably not answer. "Yuji, what would you do if I died?" Yuji didn't say anything, afraid to even end up alone again. I don't want to lose Megumi. He walked into my life, so he can't just leave. Right?

"I don't have an answer to that. There are too many possibilities to count." Megumi sat there unsatisfied with his reply, but he wouldn't have an answer to that question either. "Megumi, if I have to say something to that reply, it would probably be that I wouldn't have the ability to live on without you."

Megumi stood there worrying that if he died, Yuji would die too. It would usually mean that they're both in peace together, but what does happen after death? It's an answer no one will ever know unless they die, but they'll be unable to share that information.

"Yuji, if I ever end up dying before you, please promise me you'll keep living. Tell me you'll find someone better and find that happiness again." Yuji was terrified. Finding someone better? Megumi dying? Losing all my happiness that I just recently found? No.

Yuji denied. "I only want to be happy with you. You made me the happiest I've ever been. You were the key to that." Megumi looked at Yuji. "You can replace keys. There's never a limit to happiness." Yuji was feeling sorrow in all those words Megumi was feeding him.

Yuji sighed. "Everyone's different. No one is completely the same. If I try to find a new key, it won't be the same. It won't be able to open the door that you once opened. Therefore it'll be useless to even look for someone new. They aren't you." Megumi smiled. He's glad Yuji only wants him.

Megumi kept trying to make ways for Yuji to make space for others. "Allow them to open new doors. Discovering new things is good, right? Discover what's behind all those other doors, and maybe one might be better than mine." Yuji gave up.

"Alright, there are other doors, more to know, but what I want is you. I want to focus on you, no one else, Megumi. That's final." Yuji finished his breakfast and went to go shower. Megumi did appreciate how much Yuji loved him, but he did want him to be happy even after death.

Twenty minutes later, Yuji came out of the shower, and Megumi had to shower. After they were both washed up, they decided to stay home and not do anything for the day. They were both on the bed inside their thoughts. Suddenly Megumi felt a wrap around him. He felt warm.

"I love you, Megumi. I only want you. Everyone else can go away." They were on the bed and felt odd but safe at the same time. Yuji decided to drag Megumi along to the couch to watch a movie. Yuji turned on the tv, and the news was about 893.

"Everyone stay indoors. There is a maniac named 893 going around and murdering people." Megumi was terrified. "Yuji. If they are alerting all of Japan, he's planning to murder most of Japan. Let's turn off the TV and go to our room." Yuji nodded and walked with Megumi back to their room.