6 - The 'friend'

Once Megumi and Yuji reached Yuji's place, they realized it was 3 pm. They decided to eat something since all they ate was breakfast and Ice cream. While they were eating, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it, Megumi." Megumi was looking to see who it was. It was a random girl.

"Kugisaki! Your back!" Megumi felt like his heart shattered when he saw Yuji hug the girl. Is that his girlfriend? I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. "Come in, Kugisaki. I have a friend over. I'll introduce him to you!"

Yuji and Kugisaki went to the kitchen, "Megumi meet, Kugisaki. Kugisaki, meet Fushiguro." Megumi looked at them both. Wow, they look like the perfect couple. "Megumi, Kugisaki is my friend that's in my second-period class. Kugisaki, Megumi is a new student. He came not even a week ago yet."

Megumi ran that thought in his mind, Kugisaki is just a friend. There are high chances Itadori will date her. I'll end up as their shadows. "Alright, Itadori, I gotta head home now! I'll see you at school tomorrow, alright?" Yuji nodded and waved, but he didn't smile like he usually does.

"Megumi, would you like to watch a horror movie on Netflix with me after eating?" Megumi got a sudden thump in his heart. "Yeah, sure. I'm up for it." After eating, they went to the couch and watched a horror movie.

Every time Yuji got scared, he held onto Megumi's arm. He felt safe there, and so did Megumi. It was already 5 pm when they finished watching the movie. Yuji and Megumi decided to get ready for bed.

It was about 7 pm, and they were heading to sleep, Yuji on the bed and Megumi on the floor with a futon. Yuji was afraid after watching the movie, so when Megumi fell asleep, he decided to make room for himself and lay with Megumi.

Megumi woke up at 10 pm and saw Yuji right in front of him. "Yuji? What are you doing." Yuji was embarrassed by what he was going to say. "I'm scared. The movie." Megumi smiled and felt his heart racing. "It's alright, Yuji." Megumi wrapped his arms around Yuji.

Yuji's head was on Megumi's chest. He could feel Megumi's heart thumping rapidly. They both fell asleep together, wrapped in each other's arms like it was a normal, lovely thing they do every day.

Once they woke up and got ready for school, Kugisaki was at their door. Yuji answered the door, "What is it, Kugisaki? School is in about an hour." Kugisaki immediately brought out her phone and showed him.

"There's a rumor about you and Fushiguro dating. There are pictures linked below for proof." Yuji was shocked, but it felt like he shattered when he remembered they weren't dating. "Itadori, you should buy a phone. You can catch up with all the latest news that way."

Kugisaki said her goodbyes and left for school. "Megumi! Kugisaki just showed me on her phone that there's a rumor going on about us dating! Can you believe that?" Megumi was also shocked but was pretty used to them not dating. If Yuji was there, he felt like that was enough.

"Was there proof at least?" Megumi wanted to know details just because he was interested in the topic. "Yeah! Remember when we were heading to the restaurant? People thought we were on a date together!"

If only it's true, Megumi thought. "Oh. Well, it won't affect our current relationship together. So we can ignore it." Megumi didn't want to ignore it. "Yeah, you're right, Megumi." They started walking to school together.

Once they walked onto the school campus, they saw everyone staring at them as they walked by. They could hear some of their whispers. "Ew, homos.", "That was unexpected.", "They kind of look like they would be together."

Yuji and Megumi decided to go on and not think about it. Once it was time for lunch, they met on the rooftop. "Hey, Megumi. What do you think about me? Am I annoying? Am I fun to be with?" Megumi was thinking of the right words to say. "Well, I think you're funny and weird. A good type of weird, if you understand what I'm saying."

Yuji wanted to know if Megumi found him cute if Megumi liked him if Megumi wanted to be close to him. "What do you think about me, Yuji?" Yuji was trying to explain his thoughts without anything slipping out or anything that would cause the situation to be awkward.

"Well, I think you're pretty cool! And you're smart, sarcastically funny., you know? You're like the bestest friend ever!" Yuji went and hugged Megumi without thinking. They both sat there together, feeling comfortable and appreciated.

Once they separated from hugging, Yuji and Megumi couldn't even look at each other with their flushed faces. Once they calmed down, lunch was over. "Alright, Megumi. I'll see you til period 6!" Megumi smiled and waved as they walked and separated.

Once school ended, they walked together. When they went outside the building, people were chanting for them. It was either "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" or people booing and telling them to break up. How far was this going to get? Megumi hated all the attention, so he yelled at everyone.

"We aren't even dating! We aren't going to kiss! If we were dating, I don't think it would be public! We wouldn't want to kiss in front of a huge crowd that's booing for us or chanting!"

Everyone stayed silent after what Megumi had said. "Come on, Yuji, let's go." Megumi pulled him by the wrist and left the crowd. "Megumi, is it true?" Megumi looked at him with a confused face. "What the hell are you even talking about?" 

"If we were dating, we wouldn't have it public and only show affection when no one else is around?" Megumi's face got all flushed. "It's so cute seeing you embarrassed! No, but it's okay. I'm glad you decided to yell out the truth, or else we might've been in an even worse situation."

Megumi and Yuji walked home, and Megumi stayed the night at his place again. While they were on the couch watching a movie again before sleeping, all Yuji could focus on was Megumi. Man, I want to kiss him. He looked closer at Megumi and saw he was asleep.

Yuji held Megumi's face up and kissed him. While Yuji went to get a blanket, Megumi wasn't asleep. His face was all flushed up.