9 - One day

It's now Saturday.

Megumi and Yuji have gotten a lot closer, and when they woke up and were eating breakfast that they prepared together, Megumi mentioned something out of the blue. "When will we have our first date, Yuji?" Yuji was excited that Megumi wanted to go on a date with him.

"Well, I'm not sure, Megumi. But, we are both free today? So let's line up our schedules and have a date together!" Megumi started smiling, thinking about his first date with someone he knew he genuinely loved at first sight. "Alright, let's go on a date today. 5 pm?" Yuji smiled at him with a tired face. "Of course!"

Megumi was looking at Yuji while he was eating. Gosh, he can look so tired yet be so chaotic. I love this idiot."I love you, Yuji." Yuji wanted to say I love you for the first time on the date. "Me too, Megumi." It was about 11 am. Before the date, they decided to go to the same arcade they go to every weekend.

They played most games at the arcade, and when they kissed, some people judged them, but they didn't care about them as long as they were together. It was about 2 pm, and they went back home to shower and get ready for their date.

Yuji wore a soft pink shirt with white and light jeans with bright blue shorts, while Megumi wore a baggy black shirt and ripped jeans with black vans knowing that Yuji would not judge what he was wearing.

"Megumi! You look so cute!" Megumi blushed a little. "You look cute and soft yourself." Yuji smiled, "Don't you always say I look bright. Even when I'm tired with eye bags under my eyes!" Megumi chuckled. "You always spread this soft pink, bright aura. It shows that you're a nice and cute guy."

Megumi and Yuji start heading to the restaurant at 4:30 pm. Once they got there, people were always on dates at that place and judged them. They felt like the odd ones out, but they didn't worry about it.

Once they got their table, the waitress came by to get their order. "Hello! Are you guys out here on a date by any chance?" Megumi and Yuji looked at each other. "Yeah, we are," Megumi said. "How delightful! I've never given food to a homosexual couple. Call me Gojo, I'm not a homosexual, but I identify as a bisexual person."

"Well then, Gojo. I would like to have a glass of lemonade and your guy's best sushi." Gojo wrote down Megumi's order. "And you? Pink boy?" Yuji chuckled because of what Gojo called him. "Uhm, I would also like sushi, and would you get me a glass of pink lemonade."

Gojo wrote down Yujis's order. "Pink lemonade. I should've guessed! Your order will arrive in 20 minutes. Pink boy, I know you must like coloring. Here's a sheet that you have to color by number. Would you like one too?" Megumi nodded.

"Megumi, the first who finishes wins!" Megumi was coloring and asked, "Wins what?" Yuji was thinking. "A kiss on the cheek!" Megumi and Yuji were coloring, and Megumi won and got his reward.

"Alright, sirs, here is your order." They received their food and ate together. They decided to talk about personal stuff like their families, memories, and things about school that they struggle with or hate.

Once they finished eating, they both paid half and left. While walking home, Yuji brought up an interesting topic. "Megumi, you know how some people die early in life? Is it because they deserved it? Or is it because their family deserved it."

Megumi was sometimes wondering why Yuji thought about things like this. "Yuji, maybe the person didn't deserve it at all? Maybe they just got unlucky, or they were the key to the consequences of someone else, like a car crash?"

Yuji kept blabbering about it. "Stop it, Yuji. You don't need to be thinking about death right now. All you have to focus on is school and your future. Maybe a little me too." Yuji nodded. "Yeah, you're right."

Once they reached home, Yuji hugged Megumi. "I love you, Megumi. You will be my first and last lover. I promise and if we ever break up and it all goes to shit, let's be friends, to best friends back to lovers. I'll do anything for you, Megumi!" Yuji kissed Megumi and didn't let go of the hug for a while.

"Yuji, now that I think of it, if you're that worried about dying young, let's spend every moment together. Might as well make memories now if we can't later."

Megumi felt like crying. He knew this would all end one day. Maybe not today or tomorrow, even a couple of years from now. But everyone dies, and everything ends one day. Megumi started crying. "Megumi, are you okay? Stop crying, please."

"Yuji. One day this will all be gone. You and I won't even be on earth. We won't exist. There will be a day when we aren't together. It hurts, Yuji. I love you!" Yuji got worried and felt his eyes getting moist. "I love you too, Megumi. I swear I do. Let's make the best of this while we can."

Yuji kissed Megumi's forehead and held him in his arms until Megumi stopped crying. "Maybe one day, Megumi. It will happen, but we're here right now, aren't we? We're here. Not me or you, us. I love you."