5 - Unforgettable day

Yuji woke up once again at 6 am. Megumi's alarm goes off at 7, so he has another hour to himself. Yuji went into Megumi's room to check on him. Yuji opened the door and saw Megumi curled up in bed.

Yuji sat on the other side of Megumi's bed and observed his face and how he slept. Just like when he walked into the classroom on his first day. Without thinking, Yuji placed his hand under his chin. Lifting Megumi's face, and put his finger on his lips. Soft.

Yuji started caressing Megumi's face. Instead of stopping, he decided to go to bed next to him, his face beside Megumi's. Yuji then put his lips on Megumi's. After he did that, he realized what he's done. He started smiling like an idiot, and he could feel his face getting hot. His lips were so soft.

He knew Megumi wasn't going to wake up and started cuddling him. Megumi put his arms around Yuji. Yuji got nervous and looked to see if he was awake. He wasn't. Megumi's body moved on its own. Yuji then accidentally fell asleep right next to him.

When the alarm went off, Megumi woke up and saw Yuji next to him. Megumi saw how his arms were around Yuji. Megumi turned off the alarm. He felt comfortable. Then Yuji woke up.

Yuji was scared to death. "Why are you sleeping with me, Yuji?" Yuji froze, then said, "It was cold on the couch, so I decided to sleep here." Megumi yawned and stretched his arms out. "Alright, that's fine. Can you prepare breakfast? I'm starving." Yuji stood up, "Okay, I'll go make breakfast now!"

As soon as Yuji left the room, Megumi got up to close the door, then sat on the ground behind the door. What were those jumbled-up things inside of my stomach? It felt so warm. He could've just asked to sleep with me. No, that would've been too awkward! Ah! What an awkward Sunday.

Yuji started knocking on Megumi's bedroom door. "Megumi! Breakfast is ready, come and eat!" Megumi jumped. He was all in his thoughts for a while. "Alright, I'm coming." As Yuji and Megumi were eating breakfast, Megumi started wondering about himself. Why was I all girly just because I slept with him? He only thinks of us as friends, so I shouldn't get my hopes up.

"Megumi? Are you okay? You look like your stressing over something." Megumi swallowed his food. "Uh- Yeah. I'm okay. I'm not feeling as bright today." Yuji smiled at him. "If you don't feel as bright, tell me what's weighing on you! Or we can go to the arcade again today!"

"Yuji, how do you have money to spend? You don't have a job or anything, so how?" Yuji looked at him, "You have nothing to worry over. I have the money for rent for like two years. I inherited lots of money from my grandpa! But of course, I'll work on summer, winter, spring break for extra money to live!"

"Oh, that makes sense. Anyway, I'd love to go to the arcade again. Let's play that gun game where we have to defeat each other." Yuji smiled at him. "Of course. I'll win." Megumi smiled back at him. "You better watch out. I feel extra ready now after practicing yesterday!"

While they were eating the rest of their breakfast, they kept talking about the possibilities of who'd win the game.

After they finished breakfast, they got ready around noon to go to the arcade. "Hey, Yuji. Let's play 15 rounds. Whoever wins eight rounds by the end of it has to pay for ice cream for both of us." Yuji looked at him and started walking backward. "Easy ice cream to win!" Megumi chuckled, "Don't start getting too cocky." Megumi smiled at Yuji.

Megumi and Yuji were running together. Yuji had to slow down a bit so Megumi could catch up with him. After they reached the arcade, they bought some coins and started playing. They played the first round, and Yuji won. "That was luck." Yuji laughed, "Sure."

They reached the 5th round. It was 2-3. "I don't get how you're ahead of me, Megumi!" Megumi smiled, "Relax, it's only been five rounds. We have ten rounds left." Megumi and Yuji played seven more rounds.

"Gah! It's 6-6! Megumi, are you feeling good, or is this natural?" Megumi laughed, "Of course. I'm feeling a little better today. I feel better every day." Yuji took a deep breath. "Alright. Three more rounds left." Megumi looked at him. "Why are you taking this so seriously?"

Yuji looked back and smiled, "To see who's the best of the best!" Megumi and Yuji finish the 14th round. "Alright, Yuji, one more round left, 7-7. Whoever wins this wins it all!" Megumi and Yuji put so much focus, constantly dodging each other's shots. They're both at ten health. Come on! Let me hit Megumi! Just one more shot, and I win!

Yuji shot, but Megumi dodged and shot, hitting Yuji and winning against him. "Gah! You won, Megumi!" Megumi chuckled. "Guess I'm the best, aren't I?" Yuji looked at him with an annoyed face. "Yeah, I guess you are. For now."

Megumi and Yuji were walking to the Ice cream shop, they reached the shop, and Megumi chose mint, and Yuji chose strawberry. When Yuji was paying, Megumi started smiling at him. Yuji knew the message Megumi was giving him.

Yuji and Megumi were walking back home. Megumi suddenly licked Yuji's ice cream. "Megumi!" Megumi looked like he was satisfied. "I've never tasted strawberry. It's okay. I still prefer mint." While Yuji was licking his ice cream, he wondered, wasn't that an indirect kiss? Yuji suddenly remembered when he kissed Megumi while he was sleeping.

Yuji's face started turning red, then pushed his feelings out. "Yuji, can we sleep at your place this time?" Yuji smiled but then stopped because he knew he would've looked stupid. "Yeah, of course." Yuji couldn't control those feelings. They just kept escaping to other areas. Maybe I do love Megumi?