14 - Fight

Megumi woke up to the sound of the alarm. Megumi wanted to stay in bed but remembered that fight with Nakamura today. Gosh, what a day it will be today, "Yuji, wake up. It's time to get ready for school."

Yuji woke up, and they both got ready for another day. While they were walking, Yuji brought up the fight. "You have that fight with Ryuji Nakamura today, right? Ah, what an awkward Wednesday. Those two words fit together oddly."

Megumi sighed, "I don't wanna fight him besides-" Megumi interrupted himself with a huge yawn. "I'm tired." Yuji looked at Megumi with a worried face. "You sure you got this, Megumi?" Megumi showed an annoyed face.

"I got this. I can handle myself, you know? I'm not a little kid." Yuji decided to stop worrying if that's what Megumi wanted. "Well then, don't come saying I didn't warn you." Megumi took a deep breath. "Gosh, I know what's going on, Yuji. I got this, alright?" Yuji nodded.

Yuji and Megumi got through first to the third period and saw each other on the rooftop during lunch. "You better be ready, Megumi. The fight is in about 4 hours!" Megumi got up. "I might as well stretch. I wanna be ready to do whatever is necessary to win the fight." Megumi started stretching as Yuji ate his lunch.

After Megumi finished stretching, he sat down and ate his lunch since it was necessary for the fight. After Megumi and Yuji finished their lunches, the bell rang. "See you later, Megumi! Be prepared for the fight!" Megumi nodded as Yuji walked away.

Yuji stared at Megumi's back ever since the sixth period started. If Yuji was honest, he was still worried about Megumi going up against the strongest third-year. The class was over, and the fight was now in 2 hours. Yuji ran to Megumi when he was putting on his shoes. 

"Megumi! Don't get hurt, please." Megumi put on both of his shoes and stood up. "I'll be fine, Yuji. I'll practice for the remaining time I have. Please do not bother me." Yuji followed behind Megumi as they walked to a far corner of the field of the school.

Megumi and Yuji heard a honk and a loud yell. "Megumi!" Megumi looked back, and it was his father. Megumi walked to his dad's car. "Dad? What are you doing here?" His dad turned off the car and stepped out. "I'm picking you up and taking you back home."

"Megumi looked back for a second, then looked back at his father. "I can't go home right now, I'm gonna fight a third-year at 4 pm sharp today, and I need to warm up." Toji looked at him with a smirk on his face.

"Well, Megumi, I happen to be good at fighting. Let me help you with some moves, at least." Megumi sighed but didn't turn down his father's help. "Alright, so we have more than one hour and thirty minutes left to train you. I'll teach you important things for a fight like this."

After they finished training, it was now time for the fight, Megumi and Nakamura both appeared there at 4 pm, and Megumi saw Gojo standing pretty far away, but he was watching him. Megumi took a deep breath and got ready for the fight.

The fight was starting in about a minute. Suddenly, Megumi started hearing loud cheers from Gojo and his father. "Go, Megumi! You got this! You're amazing!" Megumi and Nakamura have now started fighting.

Megumi got nervous by the cheers and got pretty badly hurt right at the beginning of the fight. He was constantly getting punched from every direction. At one point, Megumi saw a punch, ready to be thrown for an uppercut.

Megumi followed the pace he was going at and was able to dodge his hit, and with that opportunity, he quickly moved his left foot in a half-circle motion, trying to make him lose some balance at least. Nakamura lost balance on his left foot and was about to fall over, but he didn't.

With that time, Megumi prepared for his attack and suddenly swang his right leg and was able to kick Nakamura on the cheek because Nakamura was 6'4(196cm) while Megumi was 5'9(175cm). As soon as Megumi hit that kick, he backed away quickly and saw Nakamura bleeding from his mouth and nose.

"Wow, Megumi. You do have potential, don't you? I don't think anyone has ever made me bleed before." After that, Nakamura was able to move quickly behind Megumi. Megumi ended up feeling the air to where he was attacking.

Megumi quickly went down, turned around, and punched Nakamura. Nakamura was surprised at how he used every sense of his to the max to win this fight. "Megumi, you're a strong one. You are. Although, you aren't strong enough just yet."

Nakamura made it seem like he was throwing a similar attack and pretended to throw his punch at his back, and Megumi slid to the left. Perfect. With that chance, Nakamura punched the back of his head with his left hand.

Nakamura threw Megumi onto the ground, punching him and not letting him take a breath. That's when Nakamura felt a slap on the back of his head. "Who dares to disrupt me." Nakamura looked behind and was shocked to see no one there, then got punched in front of him.

Nakamura looked at the pretty tall man. "How dare you ruin my fight!" Nakamura got up. He was taller than the man. He looked into the man's eye and felt fear for the first time.

"My, My. My name's Gojo, and I don't think it's fair for you to pick on this poor guy. Come on. Your big and strong, right? Pick on someone your size, Scardey-cat." With that, Gojo carried Megumi and passed him to Yuji. "Take him home now."

Gojo was passing by Nakamura, and when Nakamura looked at him, Gojo threw a sudden punch. "Whoops, sorry." Gojo just kept walking. Yuji was now holding Megumi, taking him back to his father's car. He gently put Megumi in and shut the door.

"Yuji, you coming too?" Yuji refused Toji's offer. "I usually walk home with Megumi, but I still wanna run, so I'll be running home." Toji was unsure if he should leave him like this. "Suit yourself." As soon as Toji turned on the car, he looked ahead to see Yuji go as fast as a car. "Jeez, that kid is something else."

Once Toji drove Megumi home, Megumi entered to see Yuji sleeping on the couch. Megumi approached Yuji's non-conscious body, "I know I didn't win that fight, but I'm glad you were there for me." Megumi suddenly felt a pull from his nape, and it was Yuji hugging him.

He knew Yuji was sleeping but sat there on his knees and hugged Yuji. He kissed his forehead and went to take a shower.