17 - 893

Yuji was on his bed. He was about to fall asleep until he had some memories with Megumi. He remembered the first time he snuck into bed with Megumi. He started crying, feeling all alone again. He kept blaming himself, thinking everything would've been okay right now if he didn't even look at those girls.

Megumi was currently inside his dad's house. Surprisingly, it was clean and organized. "Weren't you in a hotel a couple of days ago?" Toji looked at Megumi and averted his eyes. "The hotel smelt bad, so I decided to rent a house for the time I'm staying here." Megumi relaxed his body on the couch.

"Wait-" Toji stopped walking and looked back at Megumi. "Before you leave, how long are you staying here?" Toji counted on his fingers, "About 3-4 months. It turns out my job needs me here to investigate something." Megumi was a nosy person and decided to ask about the investigation.

"Well, it's about this guy. They call him 893. I need to figure out who he is. I'm sorry, I can't give you any further information." Megumi looked at the ceiling, back to his father. "That's fine." Megumi found the spare room. "Gosh, this is a pretty big house." As pretty as the house was, Megumi was dissatisfied with the amount of luxury. He prefers average homes.

"I'm gonna go call, Yuji." Megumi stopped walking as soon as he reached the 1st floor of the house. "Ah, never mind." Megumi heard a sudden ring from the phone. He picked up the phone. "Fushiguro Toji is out right now. Megumi is on speaker." Megumi heard static.

"Megumi- are you?" Megumi got frightened and hung up the phone. Yuji? Gosh, why did I hang up? That was such a horrible movie. Toji came back home, "Megumi! I'm back!" Megumi came out of his room and greeted his father. "Welcome back, dad."

Toji laughed. "What's with the formal greeting? We're family, don't be afraid to express yourself." Megumi smiled in acceptance from his dad. "Did you find out more about this 893 guy?" Toji had his brain scattered and took a pause. "Yeah, I did."

Megumi went down the stairs, "What did you find out?" Toji took a quick moment to think. "We are slowly closing in on this person. Man 93 must be some excellent person." Megumi nodded. "Dad, I'm going to sleep out somewhere. I probably won't be back here for a while. Bye." Megumi waved and left.

Megumi paid to sleep at a hotel for one night. "It's 7 pm already?" Megumi got up and decided to return Yuji's phone call. Megumi dialed the phone for the 5th time now. It still rang and rang until it finally stopped. As he was about to return the phone in place, he heard a voice. "Hello, Itadori Yuji."

Megumi put the phone against his ear, "Yuji! I'm sorry I hung up earlier!" Yuji didn't reply, and instead, Megumi heard a feminine voice from the other end of the phone. "Sorry, I have to go, Megumi. I'll return your call tomorrow." The phone hung up, and Megumi stood there in despair.

He found someone new, huh? That fast? Man, I must be one stupid guy. He replaced me within a couple of hours. Megumi decided to sleep it off. It was around 2 in the morning, and Megumi heard a knocking on his door. He was terrified but answered the door to his hotel room anyway.

"Hello?" Megumi suddenly was pushed to the ground, and the person stepped inside, closing the door behind him. Megumi stood back, his heart thumping louder and louder. The person suddenly took off his hood, "Megumi." It was Yuji. "Yuji? You scared me, idiot." Yuji chuckled lightly.

"I'm sorry, Megumi. I tracked your location from the phone call." Megumi stood there in shock. "Creepy-" Yuji covered Megumi's mouth, "Shut up." Yuji pulled his hand away from Megumi. "I'm so sorry, Megumi. I love you, not those girls. I swear." Megumi stood there, knowing anyone could lie that easily.

"It's okay, Yuji. If I'm honest, I need some space from you. Please listen to me and go back home. I'll be fine-" Yuji slapped Megumi across the face. "Yuji?" Yuji grabbed onto Megumi's shoulders, looking at the ground. Megumi wasn't able to tell if he was crying or laughing.

"Ah, Megumi. You aren't hearing me out. I love you. I don't ever want to be without you. I wanna remain in your arms for as long as I can." Yuji looked back up to Megumi with his eyes moist and tears dropping, falling from his cheeks as he smiled. "I love you, only you, Megumi."

Yuji hugged Megumi but got pushed back. "Yuji, who was that girl?" Yuji looked at him with confusion. "What girl?" Megumi got upset, "That girl I heard over the phone!" Yuji remembered, "Oh, her. Kugisaki?" Megumi looked confused. "That was Kugisaki?" Yuji smiled.

"Of course, that was her. She was doing some stupid stuff. That's why she sounded more feminine than usual." Yuji again hugged Megumi, but he didn't receive back a hug until after about 2 minutes. "I love you too, Yuji," Megumi asked if Yuji wanted to stay the night at the hotel, and they both ended up sleeping together like usual.

Megumi woke up at 7 am, hearing Yuji talking to himself. He heard paper noises moving around, "893, huh?" Megumi sat up, "893?" Yuji looked at Megumi. "Yeah, I got this note." Megumi saw the note looking afraid. "We have to go, Yuji."

Yuji looked confused. "What?" Megumi was there terrified. "Let's go. Don't go by yourself anywhere. Stay with me at ALL times. 893 is most likely dangerous. Don't be alone for the remaining time of this year, maybe next year as well."

Yuji just decided to listen to Megumi and stayed with him the whole time.