13 - Return

It was after school, and Yuji and Megumi started walking together. "Hey, Yuji. Wanna go on a date?" Yuji got awkwardly excited. "Yeah, of course! Same place as last time?" Megumi nodded.

As they walked to the restaurant, they noticed a guy named Gojo coming out of the restaurant. "Hey! Pink boy and his boyfriend! Are you back for another date?" Yuji just nodded slightly. "Hey, you guys seem odd. School life?"

Megumi was disturbed about how right he was. "I'm right, aren't I? Tell me about it. I'll hand over the advice I used before." Megumi decided to tell him about that fight with a third year.

"Yikes. That's tough. All I say is, don't back out. You'll seem weak." Megumi took that advice even though he already knew that. "Wait- Can I watch the fight?" Megumi felt even more disturbed now. "Yeah, sure, go ahead. It's not like it'll affect me anyway."

Gojo chuckled. "Confident! Nice! Hand over the address. I'll be there." Megumi gave him the information about where the fight would happen exactly. "Come on, Megumi! It's our date. Gojo has nothing to do with this." Gojo just walked off before he accidentally angers him even more on accident.

Once they received their order, they started talking about the fight Megumi had to go through. "Who's the third year again?" Megumi tried remembering his name. "I think his first name's Ryuji. I forgot his last name." Yuji recognized that first name. "RYUJI NAKAMURA?"

Megumi now remembered his name and nodded. "That guy is tough! I went to his middle school during my first year. He sent multiple people to the hospital whenever they messed with him." Megumi coughed. "Yuji. I beat people up too. Middle school. I beat up every delinquent."

Yuji gasped loudly for no reason. "Megumi! You bullied?" Megumi scoffed. "No. I put them down as a consequence of their actions." Yuji looked at him with a tired expression. "Yeah, okay." Megumi was thinking about how Yuji might treat him now.

"Hey, Megumi! Let's go. I'm about to pay for the food." Megumi stood up and watched him pay for the food. "Come on, let's go home and get ready for bed. We'll be there by 7 pm anyway!" As Megumi and Yuji walked home, they ran into someone in front of their apartment.

"Hey, this is our apartment. Move it." Megumi stood there staring at the man. "Dad?" Yuji quickly turned around and faced them. "Megumi! I'm so sorry for yelling at you for being gay. I'm so so sorry. I promise I'll support you from now on."

Megumi stood there as his father hugged him. He looked at Yuji Megumi's father. Megumi looked terrified of his father. "Dad, it's 7 pm. I gotta head to bed." Toji stood back up straight. He looked at Yuji. He got frightened as Toji studied him.

"Megumi, is this Yuji?" Megumi nodded. "Well, Yuji. Welcome to the family!" Toji shook hands with Yuji. "Alright, Megumi and Yuji. I'm heading to my hotel place. I'll visit some other time!" Yuji unlocked the door to their house, and once they entered, Megumi went to sit on the couch.

"Megumi, are you okay?" Megumi looked at the floor. "I HATE HIM. I HATE HIM. I HATE HIM." Those words kept repeating from Megumi's mouth. "Megumi! Calm down, tell me what's wrong." Megumi decided to listen to Yuji and calm down.

"Now, Megumi. What's wrong." Megumi took another deep breath before speaking. "He does this every time. He gets mad, yells at me just for him to apologize, and wants me to visit him. He's so damn annoying! I hate him." Megumi felt like he was going to stop breathing.

"Megumi, I understand how you feel-" Megumi interrupted, "You understand? You don't understand bullshit. How do you understand how I feel if you don't even have parents? It's all bullshit. I hate my fucking life. My dad is an issue that won't ever go away, and I have to deal with my stupid school life. I hate moving schools so much."

Megumi kept lashing out at Yuji. "This is just some bullshit every teenager experiences, but I'm over this. I, My life is so fucking problematic! Nothing is good for me! It's always my fault!" Megumi stopped speaking. "I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight."

Megumi went to shower, and Yuji went to his bed and wanted to cry his eyes out. What the fuck? He said I don't understand because I don't have parents? Bullshit. Why is he lashing out at me anyway? I guess everyone has some limitations that explode.

After Yuji finished showering, he sat in his bed, remembering the feeling of being alone. Shit. It's my fault. Isn't it? Why did I even say I understood? I don't. I put myself in his place, but I can't because he's right. I don't have parents.

Megumi was on the couch, crying. It's all my fucking fault. I knew I would regret yelling at Yuji, but not this much. Why did I even speak? He was only trying to comfort me. He was only trying to tell me I got someone there for me.

They both felt like they had only themselves to blame. Yuji and Megumi lay, feeling like total bullshit, but since Megumi can stand his mistakes, he went to Yuji's room to apologize. "Yuji, you up?" Megumi didn't receive a response. "I'm just gonna assume you are." Megumi sat on the end of the bed, facing the opposite wall as Yuji.

"Yuji, I'm so sorry. I know you were only comforting me. I had no reason to yell at you. I love you, I do, and I don't want anything separating us." Megumi felt like crying. He felt a warm hug from behind him. "I'm sorry too, Megumi."

Megumi grabbed the hand that was on his chest, hugging him. "Megumi, I'm so sorry I said I understand. I don't. I mean, I don't even have parents to compare my pain with yours. I'm sorry." Megumi turned and hugged Yuji.

"Yuji, nothing is your fault, Idiot. I love you, and that's it." Megumi cupped Yuji's face and kissed him on the lips. "I love you, don't forget that." Yuji chuckled, "I get it, Megumi. I love you, and you love me!" They both ended up sleeping together on the bed for the night.