7 - One kiss

After Yuji brought a blanket for Megumi, he told Megumi goodnight and gave him one more kiss before he left and went to the bedroom and fell asleep. Once Yuji was out of sight, Megumi opened his eyes. His face was bright red. He put his fingers on his lips and kept thinking about Yuji.

Is it possible that I'm now able to get my hopes up? He just kissed me two times before he went to sleep. Maybe He does like me? Or is it him being all confused with mixed feelings. Megumi kept overthinking the idea and felt like having a meltdown.

Megumi now started to feel lonely, and since he and Yuji kissed. Megumi went to Yuji's room to fall asleep on his bed together. Yuji has already done this too, so Megumi didn't think much of it.

Megumi cuddled with Yuji and fell asleep next to him peacefully. The alarm went off, and Yuji turned it off, but after he opened his eyes after rubbing them, he spotted Megumi right beside him. He jumped, looking surprised.

"Megumi...wake up. It's time for school." Megumi woke up very tired. He saw that he was in Yuji's bed. He forgot he fell asleep with Yuji and tried to hide his flushed face. "Megumi? Are you okay? You're red. Are you sick?"

Megumi thought to himself, is Yuji this oblivious? Megumi was dying from embarrassment. "No, I'm not sick. I feel a bit dizzy from the bright light." Yuji was concerned but that it was better if he just listened to Megumi. Yuji dimmed the lights.

When Yuji and Megumi headed off to school, Megumi wanted to know the answer to why Yuji kissed him. Without a thought, the words flew out of his mouth, "Yuji, why did you kiss me? Twice specifically." Yuji turned bright red. Megumi was awake? Gah!

Yuji couldn't say anything. He was afraid of Megumi leaving him and never returning. "Yuji, it's okay. I won't judge you, I promise." That wasn't the problem. The problem was that Yuji loved Megumi. He knew that Megumi was gay, but he wanted to make sure their feelings were mutual.

"I did it to test it out. Your lips looked pretty soft. I just wanted to know what they felt like, but touching them would've played the cards out better, but I did it, so it's whatever now." Megumi was disappointed in Yuji's reply. To test it out? Why do I always get my hopes up for small things that mean nothing?

"It's fine, Yuji. I won't overthink it. Besides, I think it's normal to have odd desperations once in a while." Yuji was happy that Megumi didn't overthink it and leave him. Yuji ended up kissing him one last time. He was in his right mind and left his feelings to take over completely.

Yuji pulled away from the kiss. "Yuji." Megumi's face was the brightest it could ever be. He looked like he was about to explode. "It's normal to have odd desperations once in a while, right?" Megumi didn't know what to say. It was probably my soft lips. My face structure looks like a girl anyway.

Yuji and Megumi arrived at school and went to class. Once the first three periods were over, they met at their spot on the rooftop. Yuji hugged Megumi from behind, Yuji's arms around Megumi's waist. Megumi wanted it to continue but decided to stop it. He didn't want his feelings circulating even more over stupid actions that don't mean anything.

"Yuji, no more. I understand that my features look like a girl, but you don't have to treat me like one. I'm a guy who can stand up for himself and doesn't need protection and affection from someone else." Yuji felt heartbroken. Did Megumi get the worst wrong idea ever? Yuji loved him to death and would do anything for him. He just wished Megumi saw that.

"Alright. But if you do want any affection, I'm always free." Yuji smirked as if he was teasing Megumi. Megumi didn't want to pass up the current situation. He was desperate for Yuji. He wanted to be the only person in his life. Megumi ran up to Yuji and squeezed him.

"Megumi- stop, I can't breathe!" Megumi stopped squeezing as hard, but he didn't let go of Yuji. They both ended up just hugging each other there. They felt as if they were the only people on the planet, the only ones who had someone by their side to keep them safe.

The door to the rooftop slung open, and they stopped hugging immediately. "Fushiguro! Itadori!" Nobara was happily skipping. "What are you doing here, Kugisaki?" Kugisaki chuckled. "Oh, nothing! I was just completely bored right now, so I came up here!"

Yuji and Megumi were thinking the same thing. Wow, what bad timing she has. She ruined the moment and electricity. "Anyway, I want to know about your guy's birthday! I have no clue why but I'll remember."

Megumi stood there confused. "Mine's is December 22nd, 2002." Kugisaki smiled at his birthday. "Wow, what a beautiful date. It's perfect!" Yuji also thought it was a beautiful date. He knew he wouldn't ever forget that date. "Mine's is March 20th, 2003." Kugisaki felt in the mood to tease Itadori. "Wow, you're the youngest? No wonder you're the dumbest. Idiot!"

Itadori got pissed and started chasing Kugisaki around the rooftop, though he didn't run too fast. He knew he would've died since Yuji can't control as much when he's fast. He caught up to Kugisaki and gave her a small smack. Kugisaki left the rooftop.

Itadori suddenly heard laughter from behind him. "M-Megumi?" Megumi kept laughing. "You seem funny and energetic, Yuji. That's one of the best combos someone could have in a personality." Yuji blushed a little due to embarrassment.

"Whatever, Megumi. You can't even hug without your heart racing faster than I can run." Megumi felt targeted, but he was okay if it was only from Yuji. "Yuji." Yuji walked up to him. "Yeah?" Megumi smiled and looked into his eyes. "I love you, Yuji. I do." Yuji was speechless. They both just stood in front of each other, awkwardly.