chapter 10

For the next few days, I avoided Jungsu as much as I can, taking the longest route to practice to avoid the band practice room and even when I do bump into him, I walk past him without even saying hello. I did not want to see or even talk to him.

After practice today Kyujin turned to me. "I'm thirsty let's go get a drink at the vending machine." I nodded and we headed to the lift together.

We were just talking about our comeback details when the lift opened and Jungsu stepped out. Kyujin waved at him but we just looked at each other for a split second but I just ignored him and walked into the lift.

"What was that for??" she asked after Jungsu walked away. "You just ignored him!!" Kyujin exclaimed while stepping into the lift and pressing level 1. "Nothing." I said crossing my arms.

She took the hint that I did not want to talk about it so she just nodded and changed the subject.

At the vending machine I saw Minho and Jisung there picking what to drink and I immediately jogged up to him.

"Hey!!" "Oh heyy!!" He said smiling at me while touching my head. "Ok cut it up lovebirds, help me decide what to drink." Jisung said looking at the options.

Minho tried put one arm around me but I pushed it away. "We are in the company." He pouted and I turned to look at the drink options "Does the others want anything??" "I think Haewon wants the honey pear drink."

We got our drinks and before we said goodbye, Minho made a hand sign indicating he will text me later, I smiled and nodded at him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Five, four, three, two, one!!" We all screamed in joy. Our new music video finally dropped. After months of hard work. We made a promise to react to the music video together so I put my phone aside.

My phone dinged and it was a text from Minho. "Congrats on your comeback!! listening to it right now!!" I smiled and send him a heart emoji.

"We have music core tomorrow so remember to sleep early today!!" Haewon said. "Yes!!" we chimed and I opened twitter to check our fans reactions and so far it was good. Everyone loved it.

Scrolling down, I came across this tweet it was from one of Minho's fan base. "Leeknow said on bubble to stream NMIXX's new comeback!! he also called them his "dongsaengs" ahhh my skznmixx crumbs!!"

I smiled and liked the tweet. Another notification came from my phone and it was from Jungsu... "Hey. Congrats. Great song!! " I send him a thumbs up emoji and that's it.

The next day at Music core, we opened the door to our waiting room and our room was decorated with balloons and confetti. On the wall, there was a banner that wrote " congrats on your comeback!!"

"Woah, who did this??" Kyujin said looking around. There was a note on the table and I looked at it. "Happy comeback NMIXX!! hope you have a good promotion and lots of wins!!" It was from Minho.

Kyujin gave me a fake disgusted look. "I knew it it was from him." I rolled my eyes and shoved her playfully.

I took a picture of the decorations and posted it on bubble. "Music core today!!! thank you leeknow sunbaenim for decorating our waiting room so beautifully!!!"

I put my phone down and get down to change into the costume and put on makeup and do our hair.

While doing my hair, everyone started warming up their voices and I joined in. I really do not want to mess up our first stage from this promotion.

We had a dry rehearsal for the interviews and stuff and I was excited to see Minho. Standing backstage and watching him MC made me so happy.

"Please come out" the mc's said and we walked into the interview room. Minho stood beside me and I felt my body tense up. Don't look at him, don't look at him.

The members started talking about how excited they were about our comeback and I nodded listening to them. When it was my turn, I can feel Minho looking at me and I tried not to smile.

After dry rehearsals, I was getting a drink in the vending machines when he walked up to me.

"How did I do just now??" "You did great, as usual." He gave me a proud face. I pressed on my drink and wait for it to fall to the bottom. When it did, Minho bend out and took it out from the bottom.

"I want a sip." He said opening my it . "No!! Get it on your own!!" I reached for the can but he just opened it and took a sip. I mocked glared at him and he chuckled at my expression.

I rolled my eyes. "Get your own next time." I took my drink back and took a sip. He looked at the clock on the wall across us.

"By the way, thanks for the decorations" I said bumping my hips to his. "Glad you like them." "Did it take very long??" "Not really?? I came extra early to setup but it was worth it." I nodded.

"Hey I need to get back, see you on stage later." he said and I smiled at him. I looked back at the vending machine, I need to get something for the members too.

"So, it's true then." I heard someone say from behind me as I clicked on a drink. I turned around face to face with my least favorite person in the world. Yoorim or known as Aisha from everglow.

We have been arch nemesis since our trainee days. She was the "queen bee" of the trainees and she would always play some stupid pranks on me. She never played nice. She targeted me the most back then and I was so happy when she moved to another company to debute.

"What do you want??" I asked her coldly. "Oh nothing, I was just taking selcas and I saw something very very interesting in my picture." She showed me a picture in her phone and in the corner of her selca was Minho touching my head and I was looking up at him smiling.

"You wouldn't..." I said clenching my fist. Fighting the urge to punch her. This was a public area, I can't afford to have a scandal here. "And in the middle of comeback season too??" She said mock pouting. "Please Yoorim you can't tell anyone..." I said my voice filled with desperate.

"Have a great promotion." She smirked at me and walked off. My eyes widened in shock as she walked away and I have this sinking feeling in my stomach. If she decides to post that picture, it's over, I'm to done for. My career, ruined.

The drink from my finger slipped and landed on the floor spilling all over the ground. What am I going to do...

A/N : i'm so sorry to aisha stans, i need a "villain " in my story and because she was under jyp for awhile i used her, I have no hate whatsoever towards her please don't hate me 🥹🫶