the Golden turtle (3)

Start from the beginning

The brat who had been sparring with him every so often, Choi han.

"If you want to spar, let's take it to the field"

Beacrox put down his butcher knife and glared at Choi han who had his brows knit together from confusion. The brunet sighed; He doesn't have time for this. 

"Not now," He muttered, but Choi han had heard it clearly. 

  It was odd enough for Choi han to see Beacrox walk around suspiciously, but being denied from his offer to fight rose an odd wariness from deep down-- 

"I have something to do,"

Was what Beacrox said as he opened the door to his young master's room, and Choi han raised an eye brow. He moved aside and let Beacrox open the door.

But after the door was opened, the two immediately smell the faint scent of dried iron.

"Not again,"

Choi han heard the other, but he didn't understand what he meant.

"What do you..."

Beacrox walked towards the bed where there was a basket, next to it was a metal cased book and a dagger...

That was coated with dry blood,

"You are the Young master's personal knight, right?" Beacrox put on a layer of white gloves and secured it on.

Choi han doesn't know what to say, but he still nodded his head in assent.

"How long have you been with the knights?"

"...around a year, more less"

Beacrox covered the dagger with a white clothe, bundling it up until it doesn't look anything like a dagger.

"Do you remember the time when the young master disappeared for an extended amount of time from peoples eyes a year ago?"

"The one where he is sick?"

Beacrox scoffed, "If he was just ill, I'm sure the count would have been all over the place trying to look for a cure and calling all healers he could."

What Beacrox had said had only made Choi han more confused.

"What are you trying to say?"

  Choi han's eyes followed Beacrox's figure who expertly cleaned the bed and replaced the dagger he had taken with a more blunt butter knife. 

"The young master nearly killed himself,"

Beacrox decided to be blunt,

"What?" 

It was the first time Choi han had ever heard of this, 

  "A year ago, he almost freeze himself to death-- No, not just that; before that, the second young master had also found the eldest young master with his hands bleeding as if they were pricked by needles. Though the information was not known by many...

.

.

.

(Referred chapter: 'Rosé wine ; Mon Cerise')

Beacrox still remembered how he had carried the young master back to his room. How cold his body, and how red those bandages that were wrapped around his hand was.

Yet, there he was, sleeping so peacefully...

 Hah...

How could he had forgotten how dead those eyes were when they opened and stared at the ceiling blankly. 

  What's worse was the fact he doesn't seem to even look what was in front of him when he was talking to the count or anyone else.

It almost felt like he was seeing something that no other could have seen,

A Delusion,

If he may say.

Like he was seeing things through a filter.

.

  To make sure the young master wouldn't be disturbed, The Count had ordered most of the servants to not get close to the eldest young master's room. 

Only letting his father, him, and some few trusted others to take care of the young master.

The young master himself had also stopped going out from that day and mostly lock himself in his own room. 

Almost like before;

...Perhaps, that was where the rumors about the young master being sick came from?

   A terminally Ill Eldest young master who rarely goes out of his room because of his health; He like to travel when his health improved to see the world before he succumb to his illness.

  He rarely smiles because he is in pain. But when he does, he will brightened up your day with his angelic smile. He is kind to his two younger siblings and is in a good relationship with them unlike the other Noble families who always fought to bring each other down.

How wonderful and Dramatic does that sound to the ears of the bored servants?

It was a wonderful Tale that completely disregarded of what the truth may be.

Even turtles with the sturdiest of shells, could still bleed red.

.

.

.

...We also found him several other times with a bleeding hand. Though not as severe, it was still worrying"

  Beacrox finished his sentence the same time he finished cleaning the young master's room and making sure there weren't any other bloodied objects there.

Choi han was completely silent,

He still couldn't believe the liege that had helped him out of that darkness was...

Choi han grip around his scabbard tightened.

Beacrox could only hope he did the right thing by telling the brat the info.

  He couldn't watch his young master all the time since he still has to take care of his other duties, same with his father. But it was a different call for this brat.

He could stay with the young master all the time, and it won't rise too much suspicion; He was the perfect candidate to keep an eye on the young master from harming himself.

.

.

.

  Oh, how he will regret thinking that in the future when he found out what an incredible liar the said Brat was.

A/N; I just realized I use 'Jour' in that chapter and I use 'Drew' in recent chapters... But by how none of you commented, I suppose we all forgot about that fact; Woops ¯\_( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯