Chapter 67 (RR)

Riley's POV

My father-in-law was called to stand on the stage and give a short speech. He just talked for less than a minute. They've been flashing all the companies info owned by their family. It was already an hour but still, it was not done. We are backstage as Rye keeps helping me relax. I am used to meeting a crowd like this but tonight is different. I am carrying a respected surname now attached to my given name.

"And these are the new businesses acquired by the Jongcheveevat."
They are probably flashing the 28 high-end clubs acquired by Rye, five of those were a wedding gift from daddy Aidan.

"All of these are under the name of the new member of the Jongcheveevat family and the most prominent Kirigun clan, let me introduce to you, Mr. Riley Jongcheveevat together with his husband Mr. Rye Jongcheveevat." The host announced. I fixed my ear cuffs. I let out a deep breath. You can do it, Riley. You've been waiting for this moment ever since. The moment that the Camerons will bow down to me. Gone are those times when they can call me stupid and worthless. I would never let anyone hurt me physically again. I will make you jealous of my name. I want to see you watching me while I expand the clubs that the Camerons used to be known for. I am the one who made it famous. It's only right that I'll be the one to manage it all. Go ahead and try looking down on me again. I am happy to finally be out of the hell place.

"Baby, let's go." Rye put his hand on my back and guided me to walk in front. "You are stunning." He whispered.

We stood at the center. Everyone's eyes are glued to us. Others are smiling, some are not. Others are amazed, my family is not.

I spotted the evil and grinned at him. He always wanted to be known in high-class society. I reached my goal before him.

Rye grabbed the mic.
"Yeah, as Mr. Lopez mentioned, the guy right beside me is Riley, my love. This event is actually to introduce him to you and to announce my marriage. These high-end clubs that we have acquired last month, will all be rebranded under the new largest group of clubs in Southeast Asia called Riley International."
Rye handed me the mic and gave me a nod. "Just be yourself," Rye whispered.

"Hello!" I acted confident. This needs to be my shining moment.
"Riley Jongcheveevat here." I paused again. I need to sound impressive. I am fucking nervous.
"This is the first time I am going to an event using the surname I am always dreaming of." I chuckled. "I am sorry, I am kind of nervous. Well, I am married to an amazing guy and it's the only thing I could wish for. These clubs are under Riley International. Oh my gosh...sorry... this just seems surreal... Clubs are not just for youngsters like us, they are for everyone. After all,  all of us need a break too, right? With that being said, everyone at the party tonight will get VVIP access to all the clubs closest to you. And let me use this moment to thank the most amazing family who supported me and has been nothing but always amazing to me. They showed me my worth. They showed how it is to be treated like a real family. I will always love you for the rest of my life. Can I call my parents and grandparents here in the stage?" My grandfather smiled at me. That smile faded when I mentioned the names.
"Daddy Aidan, Mommy Reese, daddy Kian, and Mommy Ira. Also, my beloved siblings, let's take a group picture, please. I need something to post on my IG." I am teary. Rye hugged me tightly.
"We love you, baby."

I just love these people so much.
All my life, I have never experienced being important like this. I just want to say that the love from Kirigun is different. The way they love is very special. People are so intimidated by this family but they are so humble. They never care about your status or your past. Just love them and they will return the love by a thousand folds.

Daddy Aidan tapped my shoulder.
"I'll help you but promise me you will graduate."

"Yes, dad."

"Why are you crying?" He asked me with a poker face.