Chapter 43 (RR)

Rye's POV

I know I was so wrong. I forgot about the clothes. I gave Elaine her space in the walk-in closet before and I forgot about throwing her clothes after we broke up. I know Riley's reaction is understandable. I would fucking hate it if I was in his position too.

"Can you do me a favor?"
Riley's tone is scaring me.

"Anything, baby. Just tell me I would fix everything."

"Stop courting me now. Have a good night."

I think I hang for a moment.

"Why? Tell me you are joking. If this is about the clothes I can dispose of everything. Come with me again in the mansion."

"I don't like it there. You made me happy for two weeks, but I think this is the end of that happiness. We can still be friends like before."
Riley is avoiding eye contact with me.

"Friends? I don't want to be your friend, Riley. I told you, you are mine."
My head is aching so much. I thought everything will go smoothly now that I was able to kick Elaine out of the country, but she still manage to haunt me. Fuck the clothes!

"Then don't be my friend. It doesn't matter. You can go now." How can Riley say this to me?

"Listen to me. Believe me, Ri. I have no feelings for her anymore."

"Please go now." He asked.

"I won't leave this place until you say that we are okay. You can ask for more months. I can court you even longer, but don't tell me to stop."

"I am not happy anymore."

I think my world shattered. I did my best to make him happy for the past weeks. I am serious about him. Hearing from him that he is not happy anymore hurts like hell.

"Tell me what you want me to do. Ask me something impossible. I will prove to you that I am over her."

"I am sorry for wasting your two weeks. I need to sleep now." He was about to open the door when I pulled his hands.

"No. I won't accept it."

Riley pushed me.

"You have to accept it. You can't force me. I tried my best to be good to you even though I doubt myself if I deserve someone as perfect as you. I just realized it's you who doesn't deserve my genuine love. That night at the triplets' party, when you said you like me, I just want to give in right at the moment. Now I realized why they gave me this one month's time. It is to assess if I can handle you or not. I am okay with everything, Rye. But this? Your fucking issue with your ex, I can never accept it. If you love her still, fix it. You can't use me to forget her." Riley is now tearing up.

"Why do you know my feelings better than me? What do you want me to do to make you believe? Tell me anything. I am sure that I am over her."

"I want you out of my sight. I am sorry, Rye. I know you will find someone better than me."

"Riley!" I yelled.

"Don't make a scene here. My grandfather can't hurt you, but how about me? If you pissed him off, he will release his anger at me instead. Please go, Rye." He begged.

"Tell me if he hurts you. I will see you tomorrow, baby." I tried to smile at him. Hopefully, when he wakes up tomorrow, everything will be okay.

I am over Elaine.
I only want Riley now.
If I can turn back time, I wished I never met her. It is my fault for being in a relationship with someone I am never sure of.

I went home.

"Honey, are you okay? Riley left our group chat." My mom asked me.

"What group chat? Tell me what is this about. Why do you have a group chat with him? Don't you like Riley for me too?" I am so mad.