twenty six

A week later, Sooyoung was back working at the hospital where all of her coworkers gave warm welcomes to her and obviously Namjoo, Jungwoo, and Jaehyun itching to hear all the tea.

"You guys are official now?" Namjoo covered her mouth in shock after Sooyoung told the long ass ride that her and Doyoung had. "Omo."

"Did you get the-" Jungwoo teased Sooyoung and then she ended up blushing. "Oh my god, Oh Sooyoung got some-"

"Jungwoo!" Sooyoung covered his mouth while she saw Namjoo in utter shock and Jaehyun smirking. "It is not appropriate to say this information here especially when we work with pediatrics."

"Sorry." Jungwoo giggled at Sooyoung, making his usual bubbly and snarky comments with his coworker. "Just a little bit shocked, you know."

"Whatever." Sooyoung rolled her eyes, leaving the group of coworkers and grabbing her clipboard as time was passing by. "I have patients to check up on and Jaehyun had surgeries to do so skedaddle."

Sooyoung got a call from her mother, picking it up before she checked on her patient. The conversation was rather peaceful and she suddenly asks about the boy that Sooyoung was talking to, wanting to meet him. Later, Sooyoung ended the call with her mother due to work reasons.

Oh boy.

-

"Has everything calmed down?" Taeyeon was checking up on Doyoung who sitting on his seat and looking at the telescope about bacteria cells. He moved away from the microscope.

"Yeah, hopefully there's nothing going on in the future. It seems like my father hasn't been contacting me but hopefully it's nothing suspicious." Doyoung's breath hitched talking about his father, wondering if his father was actually suspicious of a potential crime.

"I heard you're official with the girl you've been seeing." Taeyeon gave Doyoung a light nudge, winking at him. Doyoung was utterly confused on how his boss knew the information.

"Wait, how did you know that Sooyoung and I were together?" Doyoung asked the question, abruptly giving Sooyoung's name away to Taeyeon.

"Her name is Sooyoung huh?" Taeyeon smirked at Doyoung, who was turning red just by hearing his girlfriend's name. "Taeyong was a little too happy and told Taeil and then he passed it on to me, but it's not like I'm mad or anything. Do what you do, go you."

"Thanks noona." Doyoung saw the time ticking as Taeyeon is proceeding to walk away.

"Gotta do boss duties."

-

Sooyoung and Doyoung were cuddling on Doyoung's bed in his room while the television was playing in the background. Doyoung was peppering kisses all over Sooyoung's face, neck, and collarbone.

"I can't go to work with a hickey Doyoung. I hope you know that by now." Sooyoung was letting out her soft giggles as Doyoung's lips were kissing all over her.

"I know." Doyoung finally stopped after pecking her forehead, nose, and lips. "I can't either since we both work in the medical field. Don't forget that too."

"My mom called the other day." Sooyoung brought up a different topic remembering her phone call with her mother, holding her hands with Doyoung. "She wants to meet you."

Doyoung placed his fingers on his chin, thinking of a solution. "How about tomorrow after work? We can get off earlier if needed. I'm sure Taeyeon wouldn't mind and your older brother wouldn't mind either."

"That would be a great idea." Sooyoung's phone started buzzing with text messages from Haechan.

Sooyoung read the message that Haechan was hosting a private party with his members, Taeyong, Johnny, and Hyunhye since their debut was coming up in less than a month. Haechan texted his sister to bring her plus one. She gave her typically response of yes that she's coming.