sixteen

Sooyoung waited in her apartment on Friday, knowing that Doyoung was planning to take her to work today. She had been notified that he's working with Taeyong today to put a new instrument into play for the pediatric department.

Sooyoung had gotten a message from Doyoung that he was waiting outside her apartment building. She made sure to grab all of her belongings and went down from her apartment to his car, entering the passenger seat.

"You look happy to see me." Doyoung commented as he started driving to the Seoul Hospital, giving his attention to Sooyoung who looked rather happy at the moment.

Sooyoung was fixing her hair with the car mirror that was provided, almost forgetting to respond to Doyoung ad she flipped the mirror back up. "Of course I'm happy to see you. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You could come into my car in a very terrible mood and I would either know why or don't know why." Doyoung made a comment to tease Sooyoung and she slapped his arm.

"Be grateful that I enjoy your presence, Kim Doyoung." Sooyoung pointed and crossed her arms, looking outside the window. Doyoung let out a chuckle at Sooyoung's antics when she comes out once in a while. "I'm not mad, just acting funny."

"Whatever you say, Oh Sooyoung."

-

Sooyoung and Doyoung parted ways with the hospital where he went to Taeyong while she went to go check up on her patients as usual.

"Who's that guy who came with you?" Jungwoo snuck up to Sooyoung who was writing some papers. "Is that your boyfriend?"

Sooyoung was flustered at Jungwoo's question, subconsciously blushing. It did not go unnoticed by Jungwoo.

"Aweeee Sooyoungie's blushing! How cute!" Jungwoo cooed at her face while she waved her hand on his face.

"Shush!" Sooyoung whispered yelled at Jungwoo. "Doyoung and I are just friends!"

"Oh so his name is Doyoung?" Jungwoo gasped, letting out a smirk. "Can't wait to tell this to Jaehyun hyung."

"Kim Jungwoo!"

-

Doyoung and Taeyong had used the new medical instrument that Taeyeon came up with on a couple of baby patients. Fortunately it was a success and now will be making more of the instrument.

Doyoung and Taeyong were standing on the side of the hallway having a small break as they were busy the entire day.

"I think Taeyeon noona's creation was pretty good. Wait until I tell Taeil hyung about what his older sister was doing." Taeyong relieved starting the conversation.

"Yeah. She's pretty good." Doyoung added a comment.

The silence came up a little bit, Doyoung wanted to ask Taeyong about the adoption situation.

Now or never.

"Hyung, have you been talking to Sooyoung lately?" Doyoung asked Taeyong, who's mood went down after hearing the conversation.

"I want to talk to her but she's been avoiding me." Taeyong replied with sadness in his voice. "I didn't know she was adopted until she told me herself. That's when I started asking the parents. Haechan and I broke down that night after she abruptly left the house in Busan. We were so shocked too because we thought Sooyoung was really our blood-related sister."

Doyoung nodded in understanding, humming.

"Even then, blood-related or not, Haechan and I always view her as a sister no matter what. Do you know what her next steps were after she changed back her surname?" Taeyong asked Doyoung in curiosity, knowing that Sooyoung was most likely open to Doyoung, aside from Hyunhye who was still in New York with Johnny.

"She found out that her birth father is not alive but on a search for her birth mother." Doyoung told Taeyong and he simply nodded.

"I just really hope we talk soon. It's not the same without her." Taeyong replied to Doyoung.

Doyoung placed his arm on his friend's shoulder. "We might go out tonight to clear her mind but hyung, it's best to give her space for the time being just so that she doesn't get overwhelmed."

"Thanks Doyoung's, you're the best." Taeyong beamed up a smile at his friend.

"You're welcome Taeyong hyung. After all, you and Johnny were one of the few people who stuck with me through university."

-

Doyoung and Sooyoung were shopping at an outdoor mall at night, few hours after work ended. Doyoung had changed into a t-shirt, flannel, jeans, and black Nike's while Sooyoung changed into a white blouse, black pencil skirt and white converses. She didn't want to deal with wearing heels for the night. She also wore the blue sapphire necklace that Doyoung bought her when the met for the first few occasions.

The Seoul outdoor mall had fairy lights all over the exterior on the top and they had shopping bags on their arms.

"I've never spent so much money in such a long time, especially for clothes and things I possibly need." Sooyoung commented as they were walking around the mall, potentially finding one more shop.

"You sound like you don't go out shopping a lot." Doyoung responded to the girl, walking alongside her in a crowded area.

"That's because Hyunhye gives me majority of my closet. I also was a medics student so I didn't have much time but now it's really nice." Sooyoung told Doyoung the facts. "Are you done shopping for today?"

"I've been done shopping a while ago. I was waiting for you." Doyoung looked at Sooyoung who was fully happy.

"Oops. Sorry. Got carried away." Sooyoung let out her cheeky smile towards him.

"It's okay, like you said, you didn't have a chance to go out a lot." Doyoung and Sooyoung walked away from the mall and to his car. "Let's get you home so that you can rest for the weekend."

"You know me so well, don't you?"

-

Saereom was at the Seoul outdoor mall shopping for dresses using her parents money as usual. She was shopping alone until she said a particular man, but even more interested that he was with a female.

Is that Doyoung?

Saereom then eventually say his face but she was never able to see the girl's face next to him. She felt jealous and thought Doyoung was all to herself but guess not.

She continued to follow Doyoung on his little 'date' and eventually saw the girl's face.

She's not as pretty as me.

Saereom also noticed the way they look at each other, making her more internally angry.

"I can't believe he's with someone like her instead of me." Saereom's made a snarky comment, huffing her nose.

Saereom then pulled out her phone from her pocket, dialing a certain number, hoping that the other line would pick up. She placed the phone next to her right ear, darting her eyes at Doyoung and the girl.

"I wonder what happens if his parents hear about his little affair with that girl, especially his father."

-

I hate Saereom too it's okay.