twelve

Sooyoung was at the Busan train station, calming down her tears. She had taken a taxi to the station, managing to escape from Taeyong's grip.

"Knew what?"

"Knew that I was adopted the entire time."

"Sooyoung, I don't know-"

"Cut it, Taeyong. Leave me alone"

The flashbacks from earlier the day caused Sooyoung a big headache. The train arrived at the station, the wind of the train made Sooyoung's hair blow all over her face.

Sooyoung walked into the train without looking back and settled on a seat. 15 minutes have passed and the train took off. The ride took a while as Sooyoung's tears never dried since she had many questions about her life.

Sooyoung took out her phone, dialing a certain number hoping that the person would pick up her phone call.

Please... please pick up....

-

Doyoung stood at the front door of his parent's mansion. He knocked on the door and was welcomed by Mr. Nam.

Doyoung now sat at the dining table with his parents, thick tension filling the air. The chefs came from the kitchen, giving each member of the family of three their dinner plates. The dinner between the family members was rather silent.

"Your mother." Mr. Kim started speaking and Doyoung tilted his head up to his father. "Convinced me that I should not interfere with your current job as your passion for biomedical engineering. Especially the fact that you've rebel quite a few times and I sabotaged your chances."

Finally.

"But whatever business happens in Spectrum and I request you to come is still mandatory." Mr. Kim finished his sentence with his deep voice.

Why?

Doyoung simply nodded a 'thank you' to his father. But he was sure his father didn't see it.

"You should be thankful that I convinced your father." Mrs. Kim spoke up to Doyoung.

"Thanks, Eomma." Doyoung obeyed his mother's command just like a puppet.

"We plan to have dinner with the Ahn's again soon so you should prepare to show up." Mr. Kim talked to Doyoung. "They're a very good family who also runs pretty good business."

"Yeah." Doyoung monotonously replied to his father, slowly eating his food with the slightest bit of emotion.

Doyoung's phone started ringing, checking it to see Sooyoung had called him. He excused himself for a bit.

He answered the phone hearing her cries, frantically being worried for her. After ending the phone call, he decided to find Mr. Nam and take his urgent leave.

Mr. Nam approached Doyoung's parents.

"Where did my son go?" Mr. Kim was slowly getting angry.

Mr. Nam stayed calm and responded. "Your dear son had an emergency to go to and he will be unable to return to the dinner sir."

"What emergency would happen on a Saturday night?" Mr. Kim stood up and left the dining table.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Kim observed the situation closely. She looked at Mr. Nam, slightly tense and knew that he was telling the truth but partially lied on the emergency. Mrs. Kim decide to let it slide.

"Mr. Nam, can you remind our chefs to clean up the dining table. I think the family dinner has terminated." Mrs. Kim got up from her seat at the dining table too.

"Will do right now Mrs. Kim." Mr. Nam bowed to Mrs. Kim, about to leave the dining room to go to the kitchen.

"Oh and Mr. Nam." Mrs. Kim called out again.

"Yes?" Mr. Nam responded to her.

"Make sure my son doesn't get into too much trouble with his father." Mrs. Kim spoke her last words firmly and leave.

"I'll do my best Mrs. Kim."

-

Doyoung was holding Sooyoung in his arms, as she cried endlessly while sitting on Sooyoung's bed at her apartment. Sooyoung's arms gripped on his shirt near the shoulders on both sides with her head was soaking his chest full of painful tears.

Doyoung doesn't know why she's crying but once he saw her in the state upon arriving at her apartment, he knew to keep her close to him.

"Shhh... it's okay...." Doyoung's soft voice was soothing to Sooyoung's ears as her cries gradually get softer and softer. "You're here and safe now."

Sooyoung's crying session has ended as her hands subconsciously grabbed Doyoung's arms. Doyoung then slowly brought his hand up to wipe Sooyoung's tears with his thumb while Sooyoung slowly regains her breaths back.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" Doyoung asked as he tries to find Sooyoung's eyes, earning her eye contact and looked at her in the most caring way.

"I'm adopted." Sooyoung firmly told Doyoung with the man absorbing the information, keeping in silence knowing that Sooyoung's situation was hard to take in. "I found out earlier today and I think Taeyong knew at some point... My last name is Oh, not Lee."

"Do you know anything about your birth parents?" Doyoung pulled Sooyoung closer so that she is glued to him.

"Apparently they're alive but I don't know where to search." Sooyoung grumbled her expressions, leaning onto his chest with her side.

"Let me help you find your birth parents then. I know it's a hard journey but we will find them together. We will search all the way to the end, alright?" Doyoung placed his hands on hers as she latched them together which sent butterflies to Sooyoung's stomach. She was suppressing it at the moment because she was sad, but she felt secured.

"Thanks Doyoung." Sooyoung held his hands tighter, positioning herself to lay down on bed to sleep her sadness away.

"Are you feeling better now?" Doyoung slowly patted Sooyoung's head as her eyes closed to rest.

"Mhm." Sooyoung's voice was inaudible, but audible for Doyoung to hear.

Doyoung was about to go home, getting off from Sooyoung's bed until he felt his hands were grabbed tighter. He turned to Sooyoung who looked extremely scared while lying on her bed and her expression was filled with sadness.

"Can you stay for a night?" Sooyoung softly asked him, pleading him with her eyes at the end. "Please?"

Doyoung took a moment to process Sooyoung's question, responding without any hesitation. "Yeah."

Doyoung slid into the spot next to Sooyoung, pulling the duvet over the two bodies as the two were closely together.

Doyoung started rubbing circles on Sooyoung's back to calm down her constant whimpers. Sooyoung snuggled up closer to him for more warm and snakes her arm around Doyoung, not wanting to let go.

Time has passed and Sooyoung's whimpers have gone away, meaning that she was asleep. Doyoung heard her breathing in the regular pattern again, safe and sound.

Doyoung fell asleep too shortly after where his hand still laid on Sooyoung's back. Exhaustion took over Doyoung as he slowly shut his eyes to sleep for the night.

-

hi guys i want to talk to you all so plz comment 🥺